RenoBound

Waiting time for Montreal Canada Interview

349 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, Kartinee23 said:

Yea. Also, resubmitted night of April 17th. I’m waiting again if rrjected or what. ☹️ Someone posted here they uploaded April 15th and already got CC April 22. 

We had a couple of rejections. I found that the turnaround time for review was about 10 business days.  They seem to be bang on with the processing times.  Our interview date was 4 weeks almost to the hour of receiving the email.

Good luck with yours!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, Kartinee23 said:

Yes. Got 2 documents rejected last April 17. Our attorney uploaded W2 in the TAX RETURN SECTION. So annoying. We paid them only to delay us. Big regret hiring them. ☹️

Did you or your lawyer uploaded 2017 w2 or 2018 also did you upload transcript or 1040 ? 

I uploaded 2017 transcript and w2 and I do have 2018 w2 now but transcript takes time but I do have 1040 since he just filled his taxes a week ago pretty much on due date so do you think w2 n 1040 and job letter is sufficient enough?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Nsk1433 said:

Did you or your lawyer uploaded 2017 w2 or 2018 also did you upload transcript or 1040 ? 

I uploaded 2017 transcript and w2 and I do have 2018 w2 now but transcript takes time but I do have 1040 since he just filled his taxes a week ago pretty much on due date so do you think w2 n 1040 and job letter is sufficient enough?

The ATTORNEY did. She can’t do her job. Simple Tax return she uploaded W2 in it. Like... why? Yes she uploaded 2017 

and W2 for 2018. The return is also still just filed so we did not upload it hut i will bring to interview

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kartinee23 said:

The ATTORNEY did. She can’t do her job. Simple Tax return she uploaded W2 in it. Like... why? Yes she uploaded 2017 

and W2 for 2018. The return is also still just filed so we did not upload it hut i will bring to interview

Sorry to hear about your attorney.  We were nervous about allowing the lawyer to handle a critical stage so we did it ourselves.  Mind you, we made a couple of mistakes that cost us almost 3 weeks or processing time, but we feel better about the process.

We paid an immigration lawyer to review our interview paperwork, and the Montreal checklist. He had a few really good suggestions.

From what we saw and what he explained was the support documents and the civil documents are different and BOTH of Sara's tax forms were needed.  The 864EZ required the TRANSCRIPT but the civil documents, and the Montreal checklist required the W-2!  That was a bit confusing, but we read every line and searched endlessly through the net to be sure.

Another wrinkle was the time.  The supporting documents for the i-130 were filed last year using the 2017 returns.  Yet since all websites recommend the LATEST filings,  so with advice, we are taking both the 2017 and 2018 tax paperwork to the interview.  The lawyer also suggested it is important to bring a pay-stub that is current to the last three months of the interview date.  The pay-stub that supported the initial CEAC filings was from 2018.  It is now almost May so they may question or even reject a pay-stub that is from last year.

Our interview lawyer was really good explaining that at the interview they are not looking to trip you up, but having the latest documents will put you in a good light with them.  It will reflect well with them that you have taken the time to be precise and accurate to make their decision an easy one.

We hope this helps.

Edited by RenoBound

Timeline
2 minutes ago, RenoBound said:

Sorry to hear about your attorney.  We were nervous about allowing the lawyer to handle a critical stage so we did it ourselves.  Mind you, we made a couple of mistakes that cost us almost 3 weeks or processing time, but we feel better about the process.

We paid an immigration lawyer to review our interview paperwork, and the Montreal checklist. He had a few really good suggestions.

From what we saw and what he explained was the support documents and the civil documents are different and BOTH of Sara's tax forms were needed.  The 864EZ required the TRANSCRIPT but the civil documents, and the Montreal checklist required the W-2!  That was a bit confusing, but we read every line and searched endlessly through the net to be sure.

Another wrinkle was the time.  The supporting documents for the i-130 were filed last year using the 2017 returns.  Yet since all websites recommend the LATEST filings,  so with advise, we are taking both the 2017 and 2018 tax paperwork to the interview.  The lawyer also suggested it is important to bring a pay-stub that is current to the last three months of the interview date.  The pay-stub that supported the initial CEAC filings was from 2018.  It is now almost May so they may question or even reject a pay-stub that is from last year.

Our interview lawyer was really good explaining that at the interview they are not looking to trip you up, but having the latest documents will put you in a good light with them.  It will reflect well with them that you have taken the time to be precise and accurate to make their decision an easy one.

We hope this helps.

My husband and I are both busy and thought getting an attorney will make it easier for us that we wont worry of mistakes because we THOUGHT they know better. We’re wrong. I am really planning on taking the latest paystubs and the 2018 tax + whatever was submitted to CEAC to the interview whenever that will be. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, RenoBound said:

Another wrinkle was the time.  The supporting documents for the i-130 were filed last year using the 2017 returns.  Yet since all websites recommend the LATEST filings,  so with advice, we are taking both the 2017 and 2018 tax paperwork to the interview.  The lawyer also suggested it is important to bring a pay-stub that is current to the last three months of the interview date.  The pay-stub that supported the initial CEAC filings was from 2018.  It is now almost May so they may question or even reject a pay-stub that is from last year.

We hope this helps.

Also, may I know when did you get your CC (date) I saw your interview is May! Congrats! Idk if it’s true that montreal takes 4-6months for interview from CC? Someone told me in here. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Also, may I know when did you get your CC (date) I saw your interview is May! Congrats! Idk if it’s true that montreal takes 4-6months for interview from CC? Someone told me in here. 

On March 7th we were notified by the NVC that all documents and the DS-260 were approved.  The interview date was advised via email on April 16th.  So that is almost six weeks for the interview and the date was almost exactly four weeks from the email. 

Timeline
On 4/24/2019 at 10:01 AM, Kartinee23 said:

Any new update from nvc 

They reject my wedding certificate as well I dont know what's wrong with them I uploaded my wedding certificate under me and my wife documents but I uploaded separately like English and native Language they accepted my wife's documents but for mine they reject and asked to put it together another 2 weeks for review now what about you any reply back 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nsk1433 said:

Any new update from nvc 

They reject my wedding certificate as well I dont know what's wrong with them I uploaded my wedding certificate under me and my wife documents but I uploaded separately like English and native Language they accepted my wife's documents but for mine they reject and asked to put it together another 2 weeks for review now what about you any reply back 

None. I’ve seen two people here who sibkitted a day after me and already got CC yesterday and today. Idk 🤷🏻‍♀️

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

None. I’ve seen two people here who sibkitted a day after me and already got CC yesterday and today. Idk 🤷🏻‍♀️

When did you uploaded?

You uploaded on apr 17th right 

I uploaded on 24th April hopefully it will get completed I only got 1 error not even rejected the file still say accepted so I uploaded both marriage certificate together this time 

My brother cc was 21st of March he still haven't recieve any interview date as of yet either 

Edited by Nsk1433

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nsk1433 said:

When did you uploaded?

You uploaded on apr 17th right 

I uploaded on 24th April hopefully it will get completed I only got 1 error not even rejected the file still say accepted so I uploaded both marriage certificate together this time 

My brother cc was 21st of March he still haven't recieve any interview date as of yet either 

Yes April 17th but there are two people here resubmitted april 18 and got their Cc already. Where is he? I meant what embassy is his interview location? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kartinee23 said:

Yes April 17th but there are two people here resubmitted april 18 and got their Cc already. Where is he? I meant what embassy is his interview location? 

Me my brother both will go Montreal embassy under f4 category cuz brother live in USA who applied for us and yours also in Montreal right 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nsk1433 said:

Me my brother both will go Montreal embassy under f4 category cuz brother live in USA who applied for us and yours also in Montreal right 

Yes but CR-1. Idk how long this waitng game is gonna be. Good luck to us!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Yes but CR-1. Idk how long this waitng game is gonna be. Good luck to us!

Do update us once you get reply by nvc

Also where do you check here I mean you mentioned someone did recieved for apr 18 documents check where do i go to check or follow that forum 

Edited by Nsk1433

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.