UAtoUS

After NVC Case process Question Ukraine

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello. 

I got my NVC number last Friday and of course it did not make the shipment yesterday so it will go out on the 19th. 

I am going to Ukraine to visit my fiance tonight and will be there for 2 weeks. so while I am there I will help her with all documentation preparation. So based on my readings and what I know here are the steps that we still need to do. 

Please, if I am missing something or my order is messed up just let me know. 

So far completed Before my trip and what I will bring with me. 

Affidavit of Support (I-134) completed and I also have W2, letter of employment from my company, copy of my last 4 checks. 

Updated "Letter of intent" from me, dated in March. (just in case) 

Prove of relationship and meetings (tickets, pictures, conversations) 

When I get there here is what we are planing on doing:

Do police report (online) should take 5 to 10 days or so. 

Take a new passport photo

Schedule medical in Kiev using our KEV number 

Go to Kiev for the medical appointment. Pay the fee. Go through exam. Pick up results next day. 

Print out form to pay the embassy fee

Go to the bank and pay the fee for embassy

Wait 24 hours for the banking to go through. 

Complete 160 form and link it with the payment number

This is where I would leave back to US and she will do the rest on her own. 

Wait for the status of the NVC to be ready (after the shipment on the 19) 

Go online and schedule appointment for the embassy 

Go to Kiev for the interview (bring all the documents) 

Pick up the packet after 

Order ticket 

Fly to US and party.... 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What I would have added, not taking into consideration your exact situation (previous marriages yes or no, kids etc, assume there are none), her updated letter of intent to marry (we updated both just in case). Also she will benefit if she comes to the medical with her vaccination records at hand and extra 700 grivnas for a flu shot. As to the rest of it, your plan looks fine though the order of your actions may not necessarily be as described (mine was different). There is a detailed explanation of what and when should be done at the Embassy website here https://ua.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/how-to-apply/

Also in Ukrainian

On 3/6/2019 at 10:46 AM, UAtoUS said:

Hello. 

I got my NVC number last Friday and of course it did not make the shipment yesterday so it will go out on the 19th. 

I am going to Ukraine to visit my fiance tonight and will be there for 2 weeks. so while I am there I will help her with all documentation preparation. So based on my readings and what I know here are the steps that we still need to do. 

Please, if I am missing something or my order is messed up just let me know. 

So far completed Before my trip and what I will bring with me. 

Affidavit of Support (I-134) completed and I also have W2, letter of employment from my company, copy of my last 4 checks. 

Updated "Letter of intent" from me, dated in March. (just in case) 

Prove of relationship and meetings (tickets, pictures, conversations) 

When I get there here is what we are planing on doing:

Do police report (online) should take 5 to 10 days or so. 

Take a new passport photo

Schedule medical in Kiev using our KEV number 

Go to Kiev for the medical appointment. Pay the fee. Go through exam. Pick up results next day. 

Print out form to pay the embassy fee

Go to the bank and pay the fee for embassy

Wait 24 hours for the banking to go through. 

Complete 160 form and link it with the payment number

This is where I would leave back to US and she will do the rest on her own. 

Wait for the status of the NVC to be ready (after the shipment on the 19) 

Go online and schedule appointment for the embassy 

Go to Kiev for the interview (bring all the documents) 

Pick up the packet after 

Order ticket 

Fly to US and party.... 

check my post in the Feb thread. apparently Kyiv just needs the electronic version to be able to schedule the interview, so if you make the 19th shipment, check the ceac assuming everything else is done and hopefully you can get lucky and squeeze the interview before you leave. so it may arrive on the 21st. Its a long long long shot, but heck anything is worth a try right? ;)

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 3/7/2019 at 10:08 PM, Prizm123 said:

check my post in the Feb thread. apparently Kyiv just needs the electronic version to be able to schedule the interview, so if you make the 19th shipment, check the ceac assuming everything else is done and hopefully you can get lucky and squeeze the interview before you leave. so it may arrive on the 21st. Its a long long long shot, but heck anything is worth a try right? ;)

They do need the paper file. I was in Kyiv when our petition was sent from  nvc to kyiv and tried to schedule the interview a few days after it was sent electronically and got a call from the embassy the day before the interview telling us that they have the electronic copy but don’t have the paper copy yet and we have to wait until the embassy emails us that it’s ready. It didn’t take long - we did the interview the following week. 

thanks for the clarification!

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

thanks for the clarification!

No problem. I didn’t think they really needed the paper file so we still showed up anyway the following day with our confirmation letter to see if we could still have the interview. Our name was removed from

the list with security and they called into the consular section to see if we could still do the interview and we were again told to wait lol. 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks for all the help. 

When I was there we did everything, but the interview. We scheduled it for April 4th on Thursday. Hope everything will go great and she will get approved and be able to come here in May. 

Timeline

Hi I am going to see my fiancé in Ukraine also in May I haven’t received any more notifications from the application process since I filled ! I am bringing her the 1-134 form filled out ! 

What I am asking is what else do I need to bring 

yes w2 and yes bank records and yes letter from company ! Is there any thing else ! 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Hi I am going to see my fiancé in Ukraine also in May I haven’t received any more notifications from the application process since I filled ! I am bringing her the 1-134 form filled out ! 

What I am asking is what else do I need to bring 

yes w2 and yes bank records and yes letter from company ! Is there any thing else ! 

Actually you can bring several fresh pay stubs but don't be surprised if at collection of documents stage all that stuff will be returned to your fiancee without even being looked at (my case). We spent a good one hour with my fiance the night before the interview double- and triple-checking, pinning and unpinning, thinking what to take and what to leave. They went strictly by the Embassy list, nothing more and nothing less, and all I-134 evidence was just noted and pushed back to me through the slot immediately (though they took my photo album and viber logs at that time). By the way, there was nothing in our I-134 but income from fiance's job. As long as it is sufficient, forget about bank and insurance, pension allocations etc

Edited by HP+IC

Timeline

I have question ? After we get married ! What forms do I need to file in what order and can I file several at once ? She wants to work and in 

case she needs to fly back home I shan’t to do a early parole ! If you know form numbers please advise ! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Maybe someone can help me...

At what stage can I schedule the interview? When I see it left NVC and going to embassy? It says on the website the earliest interview date is June, 24. So I'd like to book something asap. 

Edited by A.V

you need to wait until you get a notification that the embassy has received your petition from NVC, it can take a few weeks depending on the shipment once the NVC portion is complete. I wouldnt be surprised at the availability date though being in June. most likely by the time they have everything ready it will be in July for your to be able to schedule your interview

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Timeline
On 5/24/2019 at 7:53 AM, A.V said:

Maybe someone can help me...

At what stage can I schedule the interview? When I see it left NVC and going to embassy? It says on the website the earliest interview date is June, 24. So I'd like to book something asap. 

Did  your petition left NVC yet? If it hasn't, chances are good it will leave tomorrow, if it does, you should be able to pay fee if you hasn't yet, and I am guessing you did your DS-160 already, and book it. It is not a big deal to cancel/change it.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Shiran said:

Did  your petition left NVC yet? If it hasn't, chances are good it will leave tomorrow, if it does, you should be able to pay fee if you hasn't yet, and I am guessing you did your DS-160 already, and book it. It is not a big deal to cancel/change it.

Thanks, Shiran! If our case leaves today/tomorrow I will try to book something. Hovewer, I do not see any available dates in my profile, so maybe they haven't opened July and June is fullly booked... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.