cinthyaap

CUIDAD JUAREZ INTERVIEW 2019

173 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/24/2020 at 2:09 AM, Urias said:

Hello my immigration warriors 😃 this has been truly a battle , so long and tiring process, 😑 any word from the Consulate when would open again?? I heard rumors that could open in October , but personally haven't heard anything official. #keepingsane🙄 

As for rumors someone posted in the facebook groups that someone who works at the consulate said theyd start regular processing after the elections 😪😪😪

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Last update, from FB groups, it seems that people that had their appts cancelled earlier this year (March-April 2020) they are getting phone calls rescheduling their appts, petitioned by US citizens, if you had an appt cancelled earlier this year due to virus, please keep an eye on your phone and/or email, 😉

Timeline
10 hours ago, Urias said:

Last update, from FB groups, it seems that people that had their appts cancelled earlier this year (March-April 2020) they are getting phone calls rescheduling their appts, petitioned by US citizens, if you had an appt cancelled earlier this year due to virus, please keep an eye on your phone and/or email, 😉

Hi! I've read these too and I'm hoping these claims are legit.  We DQ'd in August 2019 and are soooo tired of waiting! 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Clarebear101 said:

Hi! I've read these too and I'm hoping these claims are legit.  We DQ'd in August 2019 and are soooo tired of waiting! 

I believe they are, they also said right after the call they received the email with the appt info, so hopefully once they are done rescheduling we could go next 🤞

Timeline

Yep it's also officially confirmed on the Consulates website

https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/ciudad-juarez/visas-2/visaprocessing2020/

Our case definitely fits the requirements and was cancelled (March 30 appointment cancelled March 18) but have nto received anything yet. 

I'm wondering if it's because we changed phone numbers and the old one on file is no longer active - email is the same though. 

Not even sure where we would update our phone number.

On 12/5/2020 at 9:03 PM, Juliet57 said:

Yep it's also officially confirmed on the Consulates website

https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/ciudad-juarez/visas-2/visaprocessing2020/

This pretty clearly says it's for people in Mexico who had their appointments canceled AND are eligible for an emergency appointment. 

How is this really any different than before for people who weren't given emergency appointments?

This iniitially got me excited, but now I'm not so sure. 

I called AIS, just now, and like normal they have literally zero info on what's going on and just directed me to email the consulate. 

Timeline
23 hours ago, MexicoExpat said:

This pretty clearly says it's for people in Mexico who had their appointments canceled AND are eligible for an emergency appointment. 

How is this really any different than before for people who weren't given emergency appointments?

This iniitially got me excited, but now I'm not so sure. 

I called AIS, just now, and like normal they have literally zero info on what's going on and just directed me to email the consulate. 

Even people who are in the US have been assigned interviews without having to expedite. The consulate website should be the most reliable source but clearly it isn't. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.