73 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

after getting advise on here from another, i added my husband to my deed 

and with IRS information to my  tax returns

best proof u do not mention is the marriage certificate

and a few wedding photos with spouse's family included

Hi,

The following comment of one of forumist prompted my reaction: " I just don't recommend adding him onto leases and bills that he doesn't live at or pay because that may smell fishy"

The question in the "evidence of bonafide marriage" rend to look over what do you own together as married couples?

General, within a married couple, every things belong to the couple.

Having name listed on utility bills is not a "fishy" style even though the other member of the couple is not living yet at that address.

In my case, I had my wife's name on all utility bills since the days following our marriage. I also provided pictures of me with my in-laws back in her country. (Picnic, restaurant, airport and beach).

I provided the last 3 bills of any utility (Water, Electricity, Sewer, Garbage)

They want to see how deep in "living together" you are. Must shed light on how symbiosis living you are.

The NVC notified me my file is OK and in line for consulate for interview.

That's for my contribution

3 hours ago, Khallaf said:

it is all completely relevant as the OP was asking what else they should provide with the petition, or asking if what they had was enough.

in the end it is all just paperwork right.

3 hours ago, missileman said:

No one piece of evidence is "enough on its own".   A good case will have a variety of pieces of evidence.  Filed taxes is a legal document normally generated during a marriage.  Thus, it can serve as good evidence.  Actually, it is relevant to the OP's question 

BTW:  A rental lease can also show is responsible for the payment of rent during the rental agreement period(not just who lives there).  

3 hours ago, LilyJohansen said:

An ARGUMENT is not relevant at all to OPs post. They’ve already been given advice they can take or leave whatever they like, none of this has anything to do with OP anymore, good day.

So I can file married on my taxes without my husband being in the states? And what do I put when it ask for his SSN? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Desbaez said:

So I can file married on my taxes without my husband being in the states? And what do I put when it ask for his SSN? 

You can and have to, if you were married by Dec 31 2018 you have to file either married filing jointly or married filing separately. If you want to, you can get an ITIN for him and file jointly, but that will take 8-10 weeks. If you don't want to do that, you can do married filing separately, but you will have to file by mail and write "NRA" where his SSN would usually go.

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, Desbaez said:

You can file for an itin it does not take 8-10 weeks it take 3-6 weeks, I know this I have done this. However you can filed married filing seperate in the san field you simply write in NRA. You will have to paperfile as you can not file electronic. 

19 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

You can file for an itin it does not take 8-10 weeks it take 3-6 weeks, I know this I have done this. However you can filed married filing seperate in the san field you simply write in NRA. You will have to paperfile as you can not file electronic. 

Where do I apply for that at? On the IRS website? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, kris&me said:

after getting advise on here from another, i added my husband to my deed 

and with IRS information to my  tax returns

best proof u do not mention is the marriage certificate

and a few wedding photos with spouse's family included

correct.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Desbaez said:

Where do I apply for that at? On the IRS website? 

if you have access to have your spouse passport, they would fill out a w7 that you can find if you google w7 form and instructions.

you would have your spouse sign the form send the form and your tax return and their passport to the address listed in the w7 instructions.

I sent a prepaid express envelope with it so that they would send my husbands passport back as soon as it was verified, and I was able to get it back to him in his country before his interview. it took an easy 3 weeks for them to get it and return the passport back to me, another 3 weeks for them to complete my tax return. Once they have supplied an ITIN number that office that does that will then forward your tax return to the popper place to be completed and issued to either your bank account or a check mailed.

All I have right now is 

1.My marriage license and the translation

2. The two passport photos of both of us 

3. 60 photos of our honeymoon, random pictures together.

4. 28 photos text conversations 

5. Copy of my passport front and back and my passport stamps 

6. And copies of the tickets for the plane tickets of me going there.

Is that enough evidence to just go ahead and send it off?  And should I write beside the picture what each picture is or does that not matter? 

19 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

if you have access to have your spouse passport, they would fill out a w7 that you can find if you google w7 form and instructions.

you would have your spouse sign the form send the form and your tax return and their passport to the address listed in the w7 instructions.

I sent a prepaid express envelope with it so that they would send my husbands passport back as soon as it was verified, and I was able to get it back to him in his country before his interview. it took an easy 3 weeks for them to get it and return the passport back to me, another 3 weeks for them to complete my tax return. Once they have supplied an ITIN number that office that does that will then forward your tax return to the popper place to be completed and issued to either your bank account or a check mailed.

Oh no! My husband doesn’t even have a passport.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Desbaez said:

Oh no! My husband doesn’t even have a passport.

hmmmm he kind of needs that to get the visa in to get here.

here are the w7 instructions 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw7.pdf

there you will find a list of excepted documents you can send in place of a passport.

6 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

hmmmm he kind of needs that to get the visa in to get here.

here are the w7 instructions 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw7.pdf

there you will find a list of excepted documents you can send in place of a passport.

I thought they once the application is approved they would give him a passport and visa to get here? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Desbaez said:

I thought they once the application is approved they would give him a passport and visa to get here? 

that is a big negative

he will have to turn in a passport in order for the embassy to put the visa in it, they will not give him passport and visa.

I would recommend he check into what he needs to do in his country to obtain a passport

6 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

that is a big negative

he will have to turn in a passport in order for the embassy to put the visa in it, they will not give him passport and visa.

I would recommend he check into what he needs to do in his country to obtain a passport

Perfect I am about to do that now! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Desbaez said:

Perfect I am about to do that now! 

if you are just starting the process you will have plenty of time to get it, you will need to turn in his bio page from his passport at the NVC stage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.