Sean and Kristina

N-400 March 2019 Filers

888 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, glowie85 said:

And I got lucky today! Even though the officer claimed three months, it wasn't even a full week! I got my approval notice through the online account today. Now waiting for the in line for oath and oath scheduling. :) 

So if someone can update my timeline as 'ye' to approved that would be great. 

I updated the google docs spreadsheet here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vu0o5uuv7dhdTTEpsi5a3FqODw5watY7bHhpVnh-gfw/edit#gid=0

When I get my oath notice/date, I will let you guys know.

My wife had the same experience in Tampa where the officer told her she had passed and it was only after we had left the building and I took a look at the form she was given that I noticed the box checked say "a decision cannot be made at this time."   We went back to ask for clarification and were told that the officer was new and all his cases needed to be reviewed before they could be approved and not to worry.  Five days later the website showed that she was approved and it was exactly one month following the interview that she was given the oath of citizenship.  Easy for us to say not to worry, but during those 5 days we kept having doubts.  Try not to worry because had the officer had any doubts about your application he would have brought them up at your interview.  They're under intense pressure to get things right and are just trying to do the right thing.  Congratulations and now go out and celebrate a little.

Guys! I haven’t been here in a while. I just got an interview scheduled notification this morning and I’m in NYC queens. I can’t believe this, especially since I heard people in NYC have been waiting close to a year lately. Actually I can believe it.... lol... cause I prayed hard and God is good! Just waiting for the notice in the mail to know my actual interview date. I pray it goes well. Congratulations to those who have already completed the process. And hopefully my fellow NYC residents are on the same track. 

1F517835-4388-4C95-9A65-31A83CEBCC27.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi all!

I just had my interview this morning in Fairfax office and everything went very smoothly! I was approved on the spot and the whole thing took 15-20 minutes.

I didnt have to wait more than 10 minutes after the scheduled time to be called in.

The officer was very friendly and pleasant. Nothing out of the ordinary in terms of the way the interview went.

English test:

-Write "The people elect Congress"

-Read "Who elects Congress?"

Civic test :

1- What did the declaration of emancipation do?

2- Who is in charge of the executive branch?

3- If the President can no longer serve, who becomes in charge?

4- Name one state that borders Canada

5- Date the Constitution was written

6-What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the United States?

I got the standard answer when asking about the Ceremony...will get an invitation by mail within 4-6 weeks but maybe sooner. The officer said they dont handle that part so she doesn't know timing for sure.

I live in VA and didn't request a name change. Will update here when I get the Oath date.

Let me know if you have questions and I will be happy to help if I can!

Edited by NJL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
46 minutes ago, NJL said:

Hi all!

I just had my interview this morning in Fairfax office and everything went very smoothly! I was approved on the spot and the whole thing took 15-20 minutes.

I didnt have to wait more than 10 minutes after the scheduled time to be called in.

The officer was very friendly and pleasant. Nothing out of the ordinary in terms of the way the interview went.

English test:

-Write "The people elect Congress"

-Read "Who elects Congress?"

Civic test :

1- What did the declaration of emancipation do?

2- Who is in charge of the executive branch?

3- If the President can no longer serve, who becomes in charge?

4- Name one state that borders Canada

5- Date the Constitution was written

6-What major event happened on September 11, 2001, in the United States?

I got the standard answer when asking about the Ceremony...will get an invitation by mail within 4-6 weeks but maybe sooner. The officer said they dont handle that part so she doesn't know timing for sure.

I live in VA and didn't request a name change. Will update here when I get the Oath date.

Let me know if you have questions and I will be happy to help if I can!

Congrats!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Oh my Gosh I can’t believe it. Praise God... I just got schedule for an interview for my N400. Tucson field office is ###### fast. Loll can’t believe it . 

78845B4A-54A5-4606-BE7C-F49C9183509A.jpeg

N400 Filled: 03/07/2019

NOA1: 03/09/2019

Bio-metrics Schedule: 03/09/2019

NOA2: Biometric Letter Received Mail: 3/15/2019

Plan to do Walk In :) 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, ManofGod88 said:

Oh my Gosh I can’t believe it. Praise God... I just got schedule for an interview for my N400. Tucson field office is ###### fast. Loll can’t believe it . 

78845B4A-54A5-4606-BE7C-F49C9183509A.jpeg

Somebody please update my information  on the list. Please...

Timeline

CONGRATS @NJL. Applied last month and live in Alexandria as well. Already done with biometrics since September 25. How long did you wait to get the interview notice after biometrics? Look like it takes 6 months to get the interview at the Fairfax office. do you know if the office sends interview notices earlier than 6 months?

Timeline
1 hour ago, jamrep said:

Finally!!!All the best now

Yes, Thank you .. it took 7 months for them to schedule my interview not bad at all.  My USCIS online case completion saying 8 months now loll .. this site is tripping loll 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sam90210 said:

CONGRATS @NJL. Applied last month and live in Alexandria as well. Already done with biometrics since September 25. How long did you wait to get the interview notice after biometrics? Look like it takes 6 months to get the interview at the Fairfax office. do you know if the office sends interview notices earlier than 6 months?

Thank you!

I had my biometrics done on March 29th and received my interview notice on August 23rd for interview on October 3rd.

You might find the subgroup from Washington DC-VA useful :

Some member keeps a tracking of all recent cases and you can have info specific to our field office .

All the best!

13 hours ago, Adaemi said:

Guys! I haven’t been here in a while. I just got an interview scheduled notification this morning and I’m in NYC queens. I can’t believe this, especially since I heard people in NYC have been waiting close to a year lately. Actually I can believe it.... lol... cause I prayed hard and God is good! Just waiting for the notice in the mail to know my actual interview date. I pray it goes well. Congratulations to those who have already completed the process. And hopefully my fellow NYC residents are on the same track. 

1F517835-4388-4C95-9A65-31A83CEBCC27.png

You can know your date before they send the physical letter. All you gotta do is go online and sign in to your processing time, click on the document tab and you will see all the documents they are/will be sending you. I got my interview notification too on the 2nd of October and then I went online to check my documents tab and I saw that my interview is on the 12th of November at 9:05am in Manhattan New York federal building. I am a New York filer too and I live in brooklyn. I applied on the 5th of March this year and had biometrics on the 27th of March. 
let me know if you see your interview date in the document tabs. 
cheers!

12 hours ago, Wariz100 said:

You can know your date before they send the physical letter. All you gotta do is go online and sign in to your processing time, click on the document tab and you will see all the documents they are/will be sending you. I got my interview notification too on the 2nd of October and then I went online to check my documents tab and I saw that my interview is on the 12th of November at 9:05am in Manhattan New York federal building. I am a New York filer too and I live in brooklyn. I applied on the 5th of March this year and had biometrics on the 27th of March. 
let me know if you see your interview date in the document tabs. 
cheers!

Hey! Thanks so much. Yeah I figured I could do that but I haven’t been able to log into my account. I had to contact them to see if they can unlock it and change my password. It’s been a pain. I’ll let you know when my interview date is. I’m just glad this went faster than I thought because  most people who filed in 2018 had a terrible long wait to hear back. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.