Sean and Kristina

N-400 March 2019 Filers

888 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jamrep said:

What an emotional and beautiful day today.Today I pledge my alligence to the united states of America.

I look back on my journey and thank God for how far I have come along.During this process I transition from being happily married to becoming a devastated widow two years ago.Through it all I held on to my dreams and goals and is now an American Citizen.

My dearest husband,I wish you were alive to see this dream come true.I wish u were in the crowd When I collected my certificate.I know you would be very proud.

Over all there were 150 new citizens today with 95 from cuba and 4 from my homeland Jamaica.

Thank you visa journey for your wealth of free information making this process smooth.All the best to everyone else on the journey.

Congratulations on becoming a citizen today!  I am sorry to hear about your husband's passing, but I'm sure he is looking down from Heaven and smiling.  I hope today is the beginning of a wonderful new life for you.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:39 AM, 011116 said:

Hi guys, I got the interview scheduled on August 26. I always believed that my interview will be sometime around March 2020 since my field office is Atlanta and Atlanta is always slow. And @ivanalex1980my interview will still be here in Atlanta, not Montgomery.

Congratulations :)

wow I wish mine was in Atlanta as well to avoid 3 hours drive to Montgomery :(

K1

16 August 2013 - I-129F sent to TSC

19 August 2013 - packet received

21 Augist 2013 - NOA1 received

16 September 2013 - Alien registration number changed

30 September 2013 - RFE

25 October 2013 - RFE reply

31 October 2013 - NOA2 received

22 November 2013 - packet shipped to NVC

29 November 2013 - NVC received

3 December 2013 - Packet left NVC

11 December 2013 - Physical packet received by Consulate
26 December 2013 - Interview APPROVED
31 December 2013 -Entry to US
------
AOS
27 February 2014 - Packet sent by FeDex
4 March 2014 - NOA1
28 March 2014 - Biometrics Captured
7 April 2015 - Approved, Card received
------
ROC I-751
21 February 2017 - I-751 Package mailed by USPS
24 February 2017 - Package Delivered
3 March 2017        - Money Order Cashed
6 March 2017       - NOA1 Received in mail dated 27 February
17 March 2017     - Biometrics appointment letter received, appont. 31 March
27 March 2018     - RFE
26 May  2018       - Approval
29 May 2018        - Card arrived in Mail
------
N-400
12 March 2019     - Filed Online
12 March 2019     - NOA1
5 April 2019         - Biometrics Appointment 

Good morning everyone

Quick question to those who already had N400 interview.

Did you guys take with you any other document rather than what the interview letter asks to?

Do you think I should take the entire documents package? or just what the interview letter asks?

Thank you so much

K1

16 August 2013 - I-129F sent to TSC

19 August 2013 - packet received

21 Augist 2013 - NOA1 received

16 September 2013 - Alien registration number changed

30 September 2013 - RFE

25 October 2013 - RFE reply

31 October 2013 - NOA2 received

22 November 2013 - packet shipped to NVC

29 November 2013 - NVC received

3 December 2013 - Packet left NVC

11 December 2013 - Physical packet received by Consulate
26 December 2013 - Interview APPROVED
31 December 2013 -Entry to US
------
AOS
27 February 2014 - Packet sent by FeDex
4 March 2014 - NOA1
28 March 2014 - Biometrics Captured
7 April 2015 - Approved, Card received
------
ROC I-751
21 February 2017 - I-751 Package mailed by USPS
24 February 2017 - Package Delivered
3 March 2017        - Money Order Cashed
6 March 2017       - NOA1 Received in mail dated 27 February
17 March 2017     - Biometrics appointment letter received, appont. 31 March
27 March 2018     - RFE
26 May  2018       - Approval
29 May 2018        - Card arrived in Mail
------
N-400
12 March 2019     - Filed Online
12 March 2019     - NOA1
5 April 2019         - Biometrics Appointment 

2 hours ago, ivanalex1980 said:

Good morning everyone

Did you guys take with you any other document rather than what the interview letter asks to?

Do you think I should take the entire documents package? or just what the interview letter asks?

Thank you so much

My wife had her interview last Monday (Aug. 12th) in Tampa and we brought everything we had submitted plus to her interview.  She was only asked to show her Green Card, UK Passport, and her State ID.  When we had gone for her AOS interview (Chicago) after we first got married we had to show a lot of evidence because the State Department had lost a bunch of her files.  Luckily we had the originals everything they needed, but she had to re-take her physicals and get new police reports.  We also didn't have joint bank accounts because the DMV in Illinois wouldn't issue a state ID to my wife because her K-1 Visa was only good for 90 days despite the fact that we had our marriage license.  The Immigration Inspector laughed when we told her this and said that's because only the downtown Chicago office was aware of the fact that we were eligible for an ID.  Needless to say after the interview we went right to the DMV and got her State ID and then to the banks and got her put on my accounts.  So we've always been a little wary of not bringing enough documentation whenever we have an interview with USCIS.  That being said everyone that we have dealt with at USCIS has been very helpful, friendly, and professional.  Best of luck to you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, ivanalex1980 said:

Good morning everyone

Thank you so much

Everyone case is different in my case he only ask for green card ,passport and dl.I had uploaded my son's birth certificate and my husband death certificate.Didn't upload my tax transcript .Had them at the interview but was never ask for them.

Walk with all that you feel comfortable to take and if they dont ask then so be it.

Better to be prepared especially if you are doing it in the 3 year period.

Hi,

So I had my interview last Wednesday, everything went pretty smooth and quick. Exam questions numbers:  1, 17, 44, 45, 52, 81. Sentence to read:  Who can vote? Sentence to write:  Citizens can vote.

At the end of interview officer hand me the paper says I passed civics/english test and that the decision cannot be made yet. She explained me that the case has to be review by the supervisor. Later I was told that she can't make a decision because she is new at this job and she has no power to approve it yet - only senior officer can do it. 
Anyway the next day I saw online:   Oath Ceremony will be scheduled   so I guess is aprooved :-) 

Do you guys know how long usually take to schedule an Oath? 

Regards and good luck to all of you! 

14 minutes ago, czeslaw1234 said:

Hi,

So I had my interview last Wednesday, everything went pretty smooth and quick. Exam questions numbers:  1, 17, 44, 45, 52, 81. Sentence to read:  Who can vote? Sentence to write:  Citizens can vote.

At the end of interview officer hand me the paper says I passed civics/english test and that the decision cannot be made yet. She explained me that the case has to be review by the supervisor. Later I was told that she can't make a decision because she is new at this job and she has no power to approve it yet - only senior officer can do it. 
Anyway the next day I saw online:   Oath Ceremony will be scheduled   so I guess is aprooved 🙂 

Do you guys know how long usually take to schedule an Oath? 

Regards and good luck to all of you! 

My wife had the same experience as you did.  Her interview was on Aug. 12th and the approval online happened on Aug. 16th.  We are still waiting for the oath ceremony date.  Online shows completion date of November 2019.  Hard to believe we must wait that long, but who knows?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/17/2019 at 9:14 AM, jamrep said:

What an emotional and beautiful day today.Today I pledge my alligence to the united states of America.

I look back on my journey and thank God for how far I have come along.During this process I transition from being happily married to becoming a devastated widow two years ago.Through it all I held on to my dreams and goals and is now an American Citizen.

My dearest husband,I wish you were alive to see this dream come true.I wish u were in the crowd When I collected my certificate.I know you would be very proud.

Over all there were 150 new citizens today with 95 from cuba and 4 from my homeland Jamaica.

Thank you visa journey for your wealth of free information making this process smooth.All the best to everyone else on the journey.

I read this with a little tears running down my cheek an i am not the type of person that cry. Congrats again I know he's happy and smiling down on you. When life gives you lemon you make lemonade...  I wish you all the best and I hope this brings some amount of joy in helping you healed. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I filed my N-400 at Chicago by paper filing on March 23rd,2019.

Today I received notification that Interview is scheduled. when I checked my account it says on 20th of September.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.