1,474 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Kimkim21 said:

Ok thank you so much I'll call tomorrow that will be 15 days for me 

Hi how are you so I call today spoke with a nice agent she took info and went to confirm told mi the same as you said but she was transferring me to an tair 1 but the phone got cut off just my luck..I'm so sad and worried 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

03/15 NOA

Still no bio appointment yet. I actually called USCIS about it (as well as the fact that I can't track my case online, either) and they said my case is accepted normally, and that a bio appointment hasn't been scheduled yet. They also said to me that sometimes they won't schedule a bio appointment, but he said as long as I got the extension letter, I'm good (which I did).

Also I AM receiving text notifications, as I did for the NOA...just nothing since.

Edited by zilchfox

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/24/2019 at 2:32 PM, cammi9988 said:

What is the first 3 letters of your case number?

Its EAC - Vermont Service Center, anyone else in the same boat?

14 hours ago, Kimkim21 said:

Hi how are you so I call today spoke with a nice agent she took info and went to confirm told mi the same as you said but she was transferring me to an tair 1 but the phone got cut off just my luck..I'm so sad and worried 

It is pretty worrying that our applications are taking this long compared to others, and USCIS says NOA will be sent out within 10 days of filing at Lockbox so we are way past that timeline. I’m starting to think Edwards is some evil person lol  I’ll be 30 days on Wednesday! We gotta hang in there. I’m really hoping we hear something soon. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Wife's Biometrics completed yesterday at USCIS Dallas North (Application Support Center).  Took about 30 minutes total time in the office.....Staff were efficient and friendly.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Hi March Filers,

I read somewhere about 1-751 taking longer than extension letter (12 month extension letter) so people have been booking in-person appointment at nearest USCIS office to get a stamp in the passport for 6 month extension. I forgot what this stamp is called. Can anyone please direct me how to do this? I filed I-751on 4/1/2019 and I have received ZERO communication from USCIS. They are supposed to issue NOA within 10 days of filing at Lockbox (according to them) but NOTHING. No email. no text, cheque not cashed. I'm worried about my employer so I want to go get this stamp. 

Many thanks for help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

self delete

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, ASEIRDLO said:

Hi March Filers,

I read somewhere about 1-751 taking longer than extension letter (12 month extension letter) so people have been booking in-person appointment at nearest USCIS office to get a stamp in the passport for 6 month extension. I forgot what this stamp is called. Can anyone please direct me how to do this? I filed I-751on 4/1/2019 and I have received ZERO communication from USCIS. They are supposed to issue NOA within 10 days of filing at Lockbox (according to them) but NOTHING. No email. no text, cheque not cashed. I'm worried about my employer so I want to go get this stamp. 

Many thanks for help!

You won't get the i-551 stamp because you have an extension letter coming your way. They only hand out those stamps to people who have real, valid reasons. You need to give it at least 30 days, in those 30 days you will either have received your NOA1 or the package back in your mailbox.

I assume the tracking showed it was delivered? Did you send the G-1145 form too?

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

2 hours ago, Scandi said:

You won't get the i-551 stamp because you have an extension letter coming your way. They only hand out those stamps to people who have real, valid reasons. You need to give it at least 30 days, in those 30 days you will either have received your NOA1 or the package back in your mailbox.

I assume the tracking showed it was delivered? Did you send the G-1145 form too?

Thank you Scandi, that's the stamp I read about on another I-751 on VJ.

I already gave it 15 days because of sending to a lockbox and phoned them. They checked in the system and there in no NOA on the way to me and no record of my application with them. They opened a service request because it's past the 15 day mark for a lockbox. It will be 30 days on Wednesday next week. 

Yes, the package was shown as delivered by UPS and signed for by Edwards on 4/1/2019. Yes, I sent the G-1145 form - no email no text received so far.

I read on another forum of 2019 filers, or maybe late 2018 filers, I can't remember which forum it was, someone who was in the same situation as me (i.e. filed and received no communication from USCIS) did the infopass and they got the stamp in their passport at USCIS field office. I am not sure if they ever heard what happened to their application but I want to take this step too since it worked for them.

So I have booked the appointment for 6 May 2019. If they send the email/text/NOA extension before then then I can cancel the appointment. If not, then I am going to give the appointment at a field office a chance. I have nothing to lose by doing that and I everything to gain if they stamp my passport (keeping my job for the next 6 months, during which time I shall hopefully receive my 18-month NOA extension letter, then I don't know how long after receive the 10YR GC) 

Thanks again for help!

13 minutes ago, ASEIRDLO said:

Thank you Scandi, that's the stamp I read about on another I-751 on VJ.

I already gave it 15 days because of sending to a lockbox and phoned them. They checked in the system and there in no NOA on the way to me and no record of my application with them. They opened a service request because it's past the 15 day mark for a lockbox. It will be 30 days on Wednesday next week. 

Yes, the package was shown as delivered by UPS and signed for by Edwards on 4/1/2019. Yes, I sent the G-1145 form - no email no text received so far.

I read on another forum of 2019 filers, or maybe late 2018 filers, I can't remember which forum it was, someone who was in the same situation as me (i.e. filed and received no communication from USCIS) did the infopass and they got the stamp in their passport at USCIS field office. I am not sure if they ever heard what happened to their application but I want to take this step too since it worked for them.

So I have booked the appointment for 6 May 2019. If they send the email/text/NOA extension before then then I can cancel the appointment. If not, then I am going to give the appointment at a field office a chance. I have nothing to lose by doing that and I everything to gain if they stamp my passport (keeping my job for the next 6 months, during which time I shall hopefully receive my 18-month NOA extension letter, then I don't know how long after receive the 10YR GC) 

Thanks again for help!

That's exactly what I did this morning, the officer checked twice and saw nothing I told him T Edwards signed for it, he said I should have even gotten the email and text. He then said if I didnt get the email or text receipt the won't give me the stamp,  I told him I will still try my luck he said if I get the receipt by txt or email I should take it with me.

This is so frustrated I dont know if they are returning it I think it should have came back already 

12 minutes ago, Kimkim21 said:

That's exactly what I did this morning, the officer checked twice and saw nothing I told him T Edwards signed for it, he said I should have even gotten the email and text. He then said if I didnt get the email or text receipt the won't give me the stamp,  I told him I will still try my luck he said if I get the receipt by txt or email I should take it with me.

This is so frustrated I dont know if they are returning it I think it should have came back already 

@Scandi @Kimkim21 Guys there is a new development in my case. My husband just got home right this moment and said there is a HUGE package for me from USCIS. He took a photo of it and sent to me on SMS.

The good news is that at least they received my application!

The bad news is that it appears they sent it back! Looking at the photo of the package, it looks like my I-751 application that they just sent back. I want to find out first for myself why they returned it so I asked my husband not to open it. Lol I will open it when I get home tonight. Luckily he is going out with his friends so he's leaving the home and won't be tempted to open it while waiting for me to get home! I triple checked that I had everything when I submitted so I am intrigued to see what was missing or if I made a mistake. I also did not file too early.

Well at least now I know what happened and I have the whole weekend to sort this out and resend the package!

I will update you as soon as I get home in about 2 hours!  

Thanks for the support!

43 minutes ago, ASEIRDLO said:

@Scandi @Kimkim21 Guys there is a new development in my case. My husband just got home right this moment and said there is a HUGE package for me from USCIS. He took a photo of it and sent to me on SMS.

The good news is that at least they received my application!

The bad news is that it appears they sent it back! Looking at the photo of the package, it looks like my I-751 application that they just sent back. I want to find out first for myself why they returned it so I asked my husband not to open it. Lol I will open it when I get home tonight. Luckily he is going out with his friends so he's leaving the home and won't be tempted to open it while waiting for me to get home! I triple checked that I had everything when I submitted so I am intrigued to see what was missing or if I made a mistake. I also did not file too early.

Well at least now I know what happened and I have the whole weekend to sort this out and resend the package!

I will update you as soon as I get home in about 2 hours!  

Thanks for the support!

Oh so sorry I really hope that's not what happened to mine smh 

34 minutes ago, Kimkim21 said:

Oh so sorry I really hope that's not what happened to mine smh 

Thank you friend. I hope yours did not suffer the same fate. Fingers crossed for you, I hope and pray your extension letter will arrive ASAP before your travels on the 8th.

I’ll be home soon and will let you know what happened to mine when I open it!

1 minute ago, ASEIRDLO said:

Thank you friend. I hope yours did not suffer the same fate. Fingers crossed for you, I hope and pray your extension letter will arrive ASAP before your travels on the 8th.

I’ll be home soon and will let you know what happened to mine when I open it!

Thanks hun hope so too plz keep me updated and refile the next day so then you'll see how soon you'll get your text and email I hope it doesn't drop in Edwards hands again lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.