JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

On 3/4/2020 at 10:14 PM, LauCC said:

1603829229_ScreenShot2020-03-04at12_49_19PM.thumb.png.40cda902f42f9c8ad6651931795a8b48.pngHi all, 

We finally got the Fav. Recommendation! I'm sharing the time line here.

Thanks to all of you, this blog has been super helpful. Please don't panic, if I learn something by looking at the different cases and time lines is that they are somehow unique... 

I have no idea how or when will we get the receipt notice to track the USCIS part...

I'll continue sharing my updates with you!

Best! 

Lau

Congrats! You´re lucky I´m still waiting for the Sponsors View since December. Could you tell us your sponsor?

On 3/4/2020 at 5:54 PM, waiverTR said:

Hi SinfoChimp

You can ask for a congressman's or senator's help only if you're in the country and also a citizen needs to do that for you. We did ask for it but the DoS said I don't qualify for an expedited processing- which is odd. But hey you at least got a response to your email! I haven't heard anything from that email address and I sent emails in early January and February. I suggest you contact the sponsor that DoS sent the request for the views. Did you have a sponsorship from a university? 

Thank you for your answer @waiverTR I can´t reach my sponsor because I had a short Fullbright scholarship. Maybe that's why it takes so long, because in a case like this it's hard to get the waiver. Even though the American funds were a very small amount. 

Hi Everyone

Finally I got my approval from USCIS. Its been a long 4 month wait!! Here is my time line

02/28/2020- DOS letter recevied to my US address

03/04/2020 - USCIS form I797C received to my US address

03/07/2020 - USCIS Notice of action form received.

To all those waiting for some action on their cases my only advice is be patient and good luck to you all.

Recommendation.png

16 hours ago, MdM2020 said:

I'm starting to get worried.

USCIS received my I-612 on Feb 20th but my case is still pending. I see most cases here taking less than a week.

Is there anyone going to the third week of consideration by USCIS?

Hi, I'm on the same boat here. Mine is even worse. USCIS received FR on Jan 15, then on Jan 24 said "Name is updated". I haven't heard anything since then. It's been more than 7 weeks. I don't know what the f is going on. Tried to call the office, the rep said it takes 4-6 months which is not true at all. 

On 3/8/2020 at 3:16 AM, jessjess said:

Hi, I'm on the same boat here. Mine is even worse. USCIS received FR on Jan 15, then on Jan 24 said "Name is updated". I haven't heard anything since then. It's been more than 7 weeks. I don't know what the f is going on. Tried to call the office, the rep said it takes 4-6 months which is not true at all. 

That is terrible. I hope both of us have more luck this week. Nothing new to report from my end.

Hi,

My case was approved by DoS today.

Here is the timeline:

My embassy sent the NOS on 12/27/2019. (It took 1.5 months for DoS to update in their tracking system)

I sent the application packet to DoS on 12/27/2019. (Again it took 4 weeks for DoS to update in their tracking system)

My J-1 sponsor sent the Sponsor Views on 3/5/2020. (It is interesting that this date was shown as 3/1/2020. They actually updated this date with the recommendation on the same day)

Will share the USCIS timeline later.

Thanks everyone on this forum. Good luck to you all.

Department of State Advisory Opinion Finding: Favorable Recommendation

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent March, 10 2020
Sponsor Views Received March, 01 2020
Request for Sponsor Views Sent February, 18 2020
No Objection Statement Received February, 10 2020
Fee Received January, 23 2020
Form DS-3035 Received January, 23 2020
Form DS-2019 Received January, 23 2020
Passport Data Page Received January, 23 2020
Statement Of Reason Received January, 23 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.