JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, waiverTR said:

Hi. Could you please share your timeline for the DoS part? 

8 hours ago, MdM2020 said:

I just called USCIS to obtain my receipt number with the instructions from page 71. Unfortunately they said there was no case associated to my name after 12 days since DOS sent favorable recommendation.

Perhaps is not that unusual to wait two weeks for a receipt.

Every step was slow for my case.

Sept 13th: Sent docs to DOS and Indian Embassy. Indian Embassy sent docs back within 1 week.

Oct 10th:  DOS website updated as received except NOS.

Dec 17th: NOS received. After Indian Embassy resent NOS.

Feb 10th : Favorable recommendation issued.

...now waiting for the USCIS notice of action and rest. Lets see.

On 2/18/2020 at 10:22 PM, tnnandi said:

If anyone has recently got the USCIS approval letter (I-797B/I-612), I'll be curious to know how long did it take after the DoS favorable recommendation. I'm asking this because although I heard that it doesn't take more than a couple of weeks, my case is pending with USCIS for 20 days without any update. Any useful information is appreciated.

Thanks!

I finally got my USCIS I797 "approval notice" today (although the online system still shows the case as pending). So, it took almost 3 weeks from DOS favorable recommendation to receipt of  USCIS approval letter. Hope this information is useful for the community.

Edited by tnnandi

12 hours ago, tnnandi said:

I finally got my USCIS I797 "approval notice" today (although the online system still shows the case as pending). So, it took almost 3 weeks from DOS favorable recommendation to receipt of  USCIS approval letter. Hope this information is useful for the community.

Congrats! I’m still waiting for mine. I think I even received the FR earlier than you :( Fingers crosses.

On 2/19/2020 at 10:31 AM, suku said:
   15 hours ago,  suku said: 

Hi everyone

I have a question about my timeline. Even after 2 weeks of receiving my sponsor views DOS still didn't do any recommendation. Is this normal ? sorry if this question is repetitive!495820187_J1WaiverTimeline.thumb.png.b1e4d1447ea2b437a84075e67d93a8e8.png

Hi. Did you receive any funding from the US or your home country?

Hi
Yes I did receive funding from US government.

HI any update on your status, after the "sponsor views"?? thanks! 

29 minutes ago, suku said:

Hi LauCC

I finally got my recommendation posted online this week. Here are my timelines. Waiting for USCIS to respond! Anyone have any timelines from USCIS recently after favorable recommendation from DOS?

Recommendation.png

cool! Congrats !! 

29 minutes ago, suku said:

Hi LauCC

I finally got my recommendation posted online this week. Here are my timelines. Waiting for USCIS to respond! Anyone have any timelines from USCIS recently after favorable recommendation from DOS?

Recommendation.png

5 hours ago, suku said:

Hi LauCC

Recommendation.png

Congrats! Your timeline doesn't mention DoS asking for sponsor views. It just shows when they got it. Did you ask for the sponsor views yourself?

Edited by waiverTR

On 1/29/2020 at 5:15 PM, tnnandi said:

For me, it was around a month. It took 1 month to show that all documents have been received, and another month for the favorable recommendation.

It has been a month since the DOS sent me an email stating that they have now received all the documents and "case is now complete to process accordingly." But there has been no update since. I have been doing this process since August 2019 (first the advisory opinion on J1 waiver and then the paper work for J1 waiver), and is now fast losing patience. My employer has been patiently waiting for the waiver to then process my H1B visa - they have already revised my employment start date once and I am beginning to get anxious about the waiver. Is this more a case of patiently waiting or are there also chances of not getting a favorable recommendation? (I didn't have any government funding from either my home country or US government for the J1 visa). Thanks for any thoughts or experiences! 

1 hour ago, suku said:

Hi waiverTR

As I mentioned earlier, I got funding from US government. So mine will be automatically sent to sponsor view. But I was surprised it didn’t show up in the timeline when they asked for it.

Interesting... mine has two steps,  "Sponsor views -requested" and "Sponsor views- sent"... you never had those steps showing on yours? 

1 hour ago, anu55 said:

It has been a month since the DOS sent me an email stating that they have now received all the documents and "case is now complete to process accordingly." But there has been no update since. I have been doing this process since August 2019 (first the advisory opinion on J1 waiver and then the paper work for J1 waiver), and is now fast losing patience. My employer has been patiently waiting for the waiver to then process my H1B visa - they have already revised my employment start date once and I am beginning to get anxious about the waiver. Is this more a case of patiently waiting or are there also chances of not getting a favorable recommendation? (I didn't have any government funding from either my home country or US government for the J1 visa). Thanks for any thoughts or experiences! 

I completely understand your frustration, and based on your timeline I can say that you can expect to get the favorable recommendation from DoS anytime soon. If possible, you can contact your local congressman's office and explain your issue. They maybe able to at least update you on the current status (the expected wait time for DoS to finally send the recommendation). Also, you can email the waiver division at 212ewaiver@state.gov and ask them for an expedited processing citing your immediate start date with your employer. In my case, they responded after 10-14 days of my email stating that I can expect to get the decision soon, and I did get it. 

8 hours ago, tnnandi said:

I completely understand your frustration, and based on your timeline I can say that you can expect to get the favorable recommendation from DoS anytime soon. If possible, you can contact your local congressman's office and explain your issue. They maybe able to at least update you on the current status (the expected wait time for DoS to finally send the recommendation). Also, you can email the waiver division at 212ewaiver@state.gov and ask them for an expedited processing citing your immediate start date with your employer. In my case, they responded after 10-14 days of my email stating that I can expect to get the decision soon, and I did get it. 

Thanks for the assurance, and understanding my frustration. I have sent them an email, and hopefully there will be an update soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.