JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2019 at 5:35 PM, KangM said:

I am also waiting since USCIS accepted my I-612 on April 10. What happen? Why does this take so long time?

My friend got her waiver. We applied same day but USCIS accepted my case 10th april, hers 3rd may. But she got waiver after 20 days. I don't understand what happened.. 

Hey guys,

I am still confused about something and it is giving me serious concern.

There is a 90 day rule for adjustment of status if you come into the US with a non-immigrant Visa.

I want to know if this affect J1 2-year waiver application. I have been in the US since June 2018 but I plan to travel by the ending of July and return a week letter in August. I also plan to apply for my J1 2-year waiver immediately I return in August so I can get a final decision latest by December.

Does this 90-day rule also apply to J1 2-year waiver. Please I need urgent response.

Timeline
On 6/13/2019 at 8:22 AM, bummerman said:

Hi all. I am waiting for more than 6 weeks now. Anybody on the same boat?

No Objection Statement May 01 20191750901208_ScreenShot2019-06-13at08_17_35.png.45b767e9562b964cc72457022a9d091c.png

Got my favorable recommendation today after 50 days or 7 weeks of waiting. Good luck to you all.

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 14.47.23.png

On 6/12/2019 at 8:23 PM, Illy said:

Further update: i received the I-797C in the mail today (June 12). 

Received date: June 4

Notice date: June 5

(this are the same dates as user AB2019)

On uscis/casestatus it says 'Case was received at another USCIS office'.

Is this the sentence you guys see when you write  in the forum ''Case received''? Also,  in my paper notice I received in the mail it says Vermont center (which is the same destination the DoS sent their recommendation to) so I wonder if 'received at another USCIS office' means that the office changed from Vermont to another one? Or is it the Vermont since that's what the written notice says?

Also, do we have an estimate average time between 'case received' and 'case accepted by lockbox'?

Thank you!

Did you get an update yet?

19 hours ago, Abayomi said:

Hey guys,

I am still confused about something and it is giving me serious concern.

There is a 90 day rule for adjustment of status if you come into the US with a non-immigrant Visa.

I want to know if this affect J1 2-year waiver application. I have been in the US since June 2018 but I plan to travel by the ending of July and return a week letter in August. I also plan to apply for my J1 2-year waiver immediately I return in August so I can get a final decision latest by December.

Does this 90-day rule also apply to J1 2-year waiver. Please I need urgent response.

Applying for waiver is not immigrant intent. It is "staying in the US" intent but not immigrant. 
I would also start talking with your embassy way before August. Do all your paperwork ( you need them for the embassy) then mail them whenever you're ready because your embassy is probably going to take forever to mail their part and don't forget that it takes 4-6 weeks just for the DOS to open your mail after they receive it. And don't count on it on being "ready" in 3 months, sometimes it takes longer than that. 

Hello to all,

I have been reading all of your posts for a few weeks - since I sent my package on April 14th for a J1 waiver NOS as a Fulbright. They have now requested for Sponsor Views - in my case my home country Fulbright commission (I believe). I hope that I will be one of the lucky ones as I know it is extremely difficult to obtain a waiver as a Fulbright.

I have great recommendation letters,  a strong statement of reason, and I was hired as a Tenure Track Professor in September 2018 and was able to work on my F1 OPT visa. 

Is there anyone out there who recently got an approval on a NOS waiver as a Fulbright? I hope that my home country Fulbright commission will give their favorable opinion (hopefully) soon. Below is my timeline:

Request for Sponsor Views Sent June, 12 2019
Sponsor Views Requested June, 11 2019
No Objection Statement Received May, 30 2019
Fee Received May, 14 2019
Form DS-3035 Received May, 14 2019
Form DS-2019 Received May, 14 2019
Passport Data Page Received May, 14 2019
Form G-28 Received May, 14 2019
Statement Of Reason Received May, 14 2019

On 6/22/2019 at 2:10 AM, tendrementchoco said:

Hello to all,

I have been reading all of your posts for a few weeks - since I sent my package on April 14th for a J1 waiver NOS as a Fulbright. They have now requested for Sponsor Views - in my case my home country Fulbright commission (I believe). I hope that I will be one of the lucky ones as I know it is extremely difficult to obtain a waiver as a Fulbright.

I have great recommendation letters,  a strong statement of reason, and I was hired as a Tenure Track Professor in September 2018 and was able to work on my F1 OPT visa. 

Is there anyone out there who recently got an approval on a NOS waiver as a Fulbright? I hope that my home country Fulbright commission will give their favorable opinion (hopefully) soon. Below is my timeline:

Request for Sponsor Views Sent June, 12 2019
Sponsor Views Requested June, 11 2019
No Objection Statement Received May, 30 2019
Fee Received May, 14 2019
Form DS-3035 Received May, 14 2019
Form DS-2019 Received May, 14 2019
Passport Data Page Received May, 14 2019
Form G-28 Received May, 14 2019
Statement Of Reason Received May, 14 2019

OP was also under US gov funding. There is definitely a chance with a strong case like yours. 
Question: when did your embassy send the NOS? i.e. how long did it take them to update it?
Thanks

Guys....

Finally I got my waiver on 6/22/2019 and the notice date is 06/14/19. It took exactly 4 weeks for the USCIS to approve my case. For the people whose case is straightforward without govt. funding,  beyond 2 months timeline and not yet received the approval, try to call USCIS atleast once a week and ask for the recent update or try to reach for the next level officer. There is a chance, they approved your case and you didnt get the approval notice. USCIS did not update my case online too. 

Thank you everyone for your support.

All the best guys

10 hours ago, eliottreid said:

OP was also under US gov funding. There is definitely a chance with a strong case like yours. 
Question: when did your embassy send the NOS? i.e. how long did it take them to update it?
Thanks

Hi @eliottreid. I did send all the documents to the embassy and to USCIS on the same day, April 14th. As you can see in my timeline, the website was updated on May, 30th saying that the NOS letter was received. I don't know when the embassy send the letter though as I am not in the US at the moment, and I haven't received a copy of the letter in the regular mail.

Another question, as a Fulbright alumni funded mainly by the host university, would they ask for their views as a sponsor? I reread my DS-2019 carefully and the program sponsor shows "US Department of State" but then in the financial support section there are three lines with three different amounts: 

Current program sponsor funds,

The Binational Commission of the Visitor's Exchange Country

Name of host university 

I am a bit worried as I had a terrible relationship with the two professors who were supposed to supervise me. It's been 7 years and I have never talked to them ever again.

Anyone knows anything more specific regarding the sponsor views as a Fulbright alumni? Thanks a lot!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Does favorable reccomendation always means that you got a waiver? Or can the final decision still be different?

NOA1 for I130 - Dec 10th, 2018

Filed for K3 July 8, 2019.

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 still pending review

Expedited I129F September 28, 2019.

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.