JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, eliottreid said:

For me, they updated everything on June 5th and my embassy called today that they sent the NOS. But I was in a train and I couldn't hear if they had a tracking number or something. I hope the mailman doesn't lose it :( as I won't know until weeks later when it gets updated on the DOS website. 

image.thumb.png.7333a396cfe180117b05f647fe47e17e.png

Nevermind, they have tracking and they said there is no chance of them losing a diplomatic paper lol ...

5 hours ago, Serhat said:

I am still waiting since 10th Apil :( 

27 minutes ago, KangM said:

I am also waiting since USCIS accepted my I-612 on April 10. What happen? Why does this take so long time?

Are you guys in the US or abroad? Are your cases processed by the Vermont center? Do they involve government funding or other possible complications?

I am just trying to understand if the delay could be due to some specific reason...otherwise this would mean that is extremely hard to predict uscis timelines....

Edited by Illy

16 hours ago, Illy said:

Are you guys in the US or abroad? Are your cases processed by the Vermont center? Do they involve government funding or other possible complications?

I am just trying to understand if the delay could be due to some specific reason...otherwise this would mean that is extremely hard to predict uscis timelines....

Im in US only and its being processed by vermont center and no government funding its a straight forward case. My case accepted by USCIS  on May 15th, its very hard to understand the timelines, some cases accepted after May 15th are issued with waiver already. Its really weird😩

IHi guys, please advise, my case has been pending since March 19th, reached out to my lawyer and he said he's waiting for Dos to send the case number to send to the embassy for my No Objection Statement...i told him to use the same case number he wrote on the packet....please guys am so confused right now, and I dnt know if he's wrong or right

20190619_095010.png

9 minutes ago, Olufunke said:

IHi guys, please advise, my case has been pending since March 19th, reached out to my lawyer and he said he's waiting for Dos to send the case number to send to the embassy for my No Objection Statement...i told him to use the same case number he wrote on the packet....please guys am so confused right now, and I dnt know if he's wrong or right

20190619_095010.png

I think youre right, you can just write an email enquiring about the no objection statement to the embassy with the case number that you received for waiver application. After knowing the date when they sent the no objection statement, it should be updated in the DOS system after 30-45 days. If the time is beyond that, write an email to DOS enquiring about the no objection statement, they will take 2-4 weeks to reply. 

1 hour ago, Olufunke said:

20190619_095010.png

Your case processing has not started yet and pending your action actually.

It is your lawyer's responsibility to guide you correctly.

Try to read all posts in this thread and you will get all required information and can save time and money and some peace of mind.

When u apply online, u get packet with case number from DOS website and this is all what you need (if didnt get case number before).

In packet u get some papers to be submitted to you embassy and it already have printed case number privided by DOS. So which case number your lawyer need? Is this first time for him. 

Check yourself DOS J1 waiver web page and read all steps carefully and you will get idea what is missing from your side.

Ley us know even if some doubts remain in your mind.

DoS will open and start processing your case once receive NOS from embassy else no way to blame DOS for delays.

1 hour ago, Olufunke said:

20190619_095010.png

Lawyers are not worth it for no objection waiver. And yours doesn't seem to know what he's doing. You case number is the one on the packet. The last page of the packet is all the embassy needs. Get a refund :) 3months wasted. 

Edited by eliottreid

2 hours ago, Kr1234 said:

Im in US only and its being processed by vermont center and no government funding its a straight forward case. My case accepted by USCIS  on May 15th, its very hard to understand the timelines, some cases accepted after May 15th are issued with waiver already. Its really weird😩

You are right. 

it would be interesting to see if there is any correlation between the time DoS takes for issuing their recommendation and the time uscis takes to give the waiver.

When was your NOS received by DoS? From your past posts I see their recommendation is dated May 3 in your case, how long did they take to process it? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.