JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 4/24/2019 at 2:24 PM, Sam86 said:

Update on my case :)

My timeline:

Application packet was sent to DOS by UPS:                              March 9th 2019

Packet received (UPS tracking):                                                     March 11th 2019

DOS updated status – Documents received:                               April 2nd 2019

DOS received No Objection Statement on:                                   April 4th 2019

Favorable Recommendations:                                                         April 24th 2019

j1 PROGRESS APRIL 24TH.png

My journey finally ended today!!!

my case was accepted on May 2nd by the Vermount USCIS office and today I received the final approval in the mail. My online status was never updated though...

there is Hope!

all the best to you guys!

Hi,

I wanted to give you an update on my status. Something weird happened, I received in the mail a copy of the favorable recommendation from the DoS dated May 31.

Although still in the website they show no info (no docs received, nor NOS, it is still a blank page!)

I thought I would write it in case the same happens to anyone else. I guess maybe they forgot to update the info on the website all together for my case...

Now, I just wanted to see if someone could confirm: once I receive the recommendation, then the website j1visawaiverstatus.state.gov becomes useless, right?

I need to wait for the USCIS receipt notice and then possibly look for online updates from USCIS website only, right?

Another question, since some of you said that once the case goes to USCIS, then it is already possible to send the H1-b application.

Can this happen just with the DoS recomendation or only after receiving the notice of action from USCIS with the case number?

Also, where did you find official documentation about this possibility? My employer is unable to confirm whether or not this is possible.

Thank you!

19 hours ago, Sam86 said:

My journey finally ended today!!!

my case was accepted on May 2nd by the Vermount USCIS office and today I received the final approval in the mail. My online status was never updated though...

there is Hope!

all the best to you guys!

After reading your post, I checked my status and it is still showing accepted but I have received my final waiver one month ago by mail. I trust calling customer care is more reliable than online service. This looks good information for others waiting for status update. Pick your phone and call USCIS for status update if it is longer than normal time.

48 minutes ago, Serhat said:

Today is 62nd day... Still waiting. Is it normal? :( 

You have hit the average processing time today so decision should be on the way or try calling USCIS for the status. Website sometimes doesn't show status and applicants have received decision by mail.

14 hours ago, Illy said:

Hi,

I wanted to give you an update on my status. Something weird happened, I received in the mail a copy of the favorable recommendation from the DoS dated May 31.

Although still in the website they show no info (no docs received, nor NOS, it is still a blank page!)

I thought I would write it in case the same happens to anyone else. I guess maybe they forgot to update the info on the website all together for my case...

Now, I just wanted to see if someone could confirm: once I receive the recommendation, then the website j1visawaiverstatus.state.gov becomes useless, right?

I need to wait for the USCIS receipt notice and then possibly look for online updates from USCIS website only, right?

Another question, since some of you said that once the case goes to USCIS, then it is already possible to send the H1-b application.

Can this happen just with the DoS recomendation or only after receiving the notice of action from USCIS with the case number?

Also, where did you find official documentation about this possibility? My employer is unable to confirm whether or not this is possible.

Thank you!

Letter from DOS looks enough for you. It tells you lot of thing and location where they have sent your case.

Wait for NOA from USCIS and it may reach you within 15 days (U.S address) or start calling USCIS to get receipt number after 15 days.

You may have more details in this thread. Read it carefully for responses that fit your situation for planning next steps.

If something is not covered, we may help you specifically as per our knowledge.

On 6/6/2019 at 4:08 AM, Tissa said:

I just now found this forum. Hopefully someone can answer my question because our lawyer gives us very vague estimates as far as the timeline goes.

We filed for Hardship waiver forever ago and have been waiting. I was under J1 and the program was sponsored by the USA. As of today here is where we are as far as our waiver goes (see the image). Looks like Sponsor views have been received in April. Given all of your experiences and statistics you guys have been following up with here, how long till we hear anything at all about our case? How much longer till we finally get a decision on the waiver? 

Thank you in advance!

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 12.06.39 PM.png

May be you can submit this Qs at Hardship waiver forum. This thread is for No Objection category and we don't have much information on your hardship waiver situation.

47 minutes ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Letter from DOS looks enough for you. It tells you lot of thing and location where they have sent your case.

Wait for NOA from USCIS and it may reach you within 15 days (U.S address) or start calling USCIS to get receipt number after 15 days.

You may have more details in this thread. Read it carefully for responses that fit your situation for planning next steps.

If something is not covered, we may help you specifically as per our knowledge.

Thank you so much JWaiver_2019. I am in the US, so hopefully I receive it soon.

I don't know if anyone knows this, but in case we want to file H1B processing with only DoS recommendation, is it true that it is only possible to have it done through consular processing and NOT as a change of status (say from F1 to H1)? I wonder if anyone has gone through this or can point out to a source of reliable info about it.

If this is the case, since I am in the US, i would need to exit and get a consular appointment which can take long in the summer time, so I am afraid after all is said and done this would be as likely as a risk as waiting for the waiver with standard times and then apply for H1B...

Dear all,

Throughout my J1 waiver process, I was checking this forum for some news and found it very helpful. I'm done with my journey now and wanted to share my experience to perhaps comfort others :) It seems to me the new estimated processing time requirements are overestimated. I was worried about timing but it went quite quick for me.

I sent out my documents on the first week of May and just got my recommendation now. The timeline is below.

My case was straightforward -- listed on the Exchange Visitors Skills list. No government support.

Good luck to all!

snapshot.JPG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
14 hours ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

May be you can submit this Qs at Hardship waiver forum. This thread is for No Objection category and we don't have much information on your hardship waiver situation.

I did. But looks like those forums are dead. No people writing or responding

NOA1 for I130 - Dec 10th, 2018

Filed for K3 July 8, 2019.

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 still pending review

Expedited I129F September 28, 2019.

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

On 2/25/2019 at 7:31 PM, JWaiver_2019 said:

New update in my timeline!

My timeline:

Application packet was sent to DOS by USPS Priority Mail:                            December 26th 2018

Packet received (USPS confirmed by email due to issues with tracking):    December 28th 2018

Embassy received J1Waiver NOC from home country:                                    January 21st 2019

Embassy sent NOS by mail:                                                                                  January 21st 2019

Embassy confirmed that documents received by DOS (tracking):                 January 23rd 2019

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                     February 11th 2019

No Objection Statement received:                                                                        February 20th 2019

More updates to come as received ……..

DOS Timeline update.jpg

Dear JWaiver_2019:

Hi! Is your status still pending? I my case they received my documents in April 25th, they received the No objection letter by June 5th from my embassy in Washington, and now I am just crossing fingers patiently waiting. I would like to estimate how much time do I need to wait from this point. In your case, they received everything by February 20. I would really appreciate if you can provide me some information. Thanks!

Best regards

Further update: i received the I-797C in the mail today (June 12). 

Received date: June 4

Notice date: June 5

(this are the same dates as user AB2019)

On uscis/casestatus it says 'Case was received at another USCIS office'.

Is this the sentence you guys see when you write  in the forum ''Case received''? Also,  in my paper notice I received in the mail it says Vermont center (which is the same destination the DoS sent their recommendation to) so I wonder if 'received at another USCIS office' means that the office changed from Vermont to another one? Or is it the Vermont since that's what the written notice says?

Also, do we have an estimate average time between 'case received' and 'case accepted by lockbox'?

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Illy said:

Further update: i received the I-797C in the mail today (June 12). 

Received date: June 4

Notice date: June 5

(this are the same dates as user AB2019)

On uscis/casestatus it says 'Case was received at another USCIS office'.

Is this the sentence you guys see when you write  in the forum ''Case received''? Also,  in my paper notice I received in the mail it says Vermont center (which is the same destination the DoS sent their recommendation to) so I wonder if 'received at another USCIS office' means that the office changed from Vermont to another one? Or is it the Vermont since that's what the written notice says?

Also, do we have an estimate average time between 'case received' and 'case accepted by lockbox'?

Thank you!

My NOA says the same.

About your timeline, it's very much the same as mine. If by chance you applied for Advisory Opinion prior to Waiver application, your waiver application would be logged on that old case number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.