JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 hours ago, eliottreid said:

Do you think we should apply for the green card as soon as we get the favorable recommendation or do we have to wait for the final decision?

I would love to see the answer for this question because I  have the same concern too.

13 minutes ago, Sunshine33 said:

I would love to see the answer for this question because I  have the same concern too.

Going by what it says on the I-485 application, it is safe to assume that all you need to apply is the favorable recommendation from the DOS.

9B47059B-9565-4D3A-9657-DE1EF2788E0B.jpeg

13 hours ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Interesting Fact, may be helpful for some of you.

I have already got USCIS final waiver two weeks ago and today thought to check status on USCIS website since it was not updated last week. I am surprised that my status is still showing case accepted by lockbox.

So anything may happen. Keep active and engaged for your cases after certain timelines.

I believe u created your uscis account, still its not updated there too? So you came to know that you got waiver only by receiving the waiver in mailbox? I thought USCIS updates are easier by creating account but i guess its not😢

9 hours ago, Kr1234 said:

I believe u created your uscis account, still its not updated there too? So you came to know that you got waiver only by receiving the waiver in mailbox? I thought USCIS updates are easier by creating account but i guess its not😢

I have both USCIS account and also mobile tracking app. I have also checked status on 'mycasestatus' site. This is not usual so hope rest of you will get some updates but I thought to share this is also possibility. I got my case solved with congressmen help, so may be this is a reason, but who knows.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 hours ago, Jpgs said:

Going by what it says on the I-485 application, it is safe to assume that all you need to apply is the favorable recommendation from the DOS.

9B47059B-9565-4D3A-9657-DE1EF2788E0B.jpeg

Thank You

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
7 hours ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

I have both USCIS account and also mobile tracking app. I have also checked status on 'mycasestatus' site. This is not usual so hope rest of you will get some updates but I thought to share this is also possibility. I got my case solved with congressmen help, so may be this is a reason, but who knows.

After you posted that your case was never update online, I panicked and called USCIS yesterday (my case was accepted in the lockbox on May 2nd)but they said they are still processing it 🙄

I am going to wait until end on June and then I guess I will need to ask help to congressmen as my deadline will be close to apply for H1B.

Can you give some suggestion on who to contact for this as it worked well for you? Thank you!!

14 hours ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Thanks for the reply. If needed how to contact congressmen, if u share the process and steps  it will be helpful. 

10 hours ago, Kr1234 said:

Thanks for the reply. If needed how to contact congressmen, if u share the process and steps  it will be helpful. 

I used this link to find our area representative information to contact:

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

I made my case using USCIS expedite criteria (severe financial loss and USCIS error with evidence), and used congressman office to request this expedited service instead of calling USCIS, that is little more difficult than this path in my opinion.

You should not proceed for this option without strong reason or you may get pre-formatted response from USCIS through congressman office and you may lose this option in future in real need. So make sure you have good evidence to support your claim and then go with this option. I hope this helps!

17 hours ago, Sam86 said:

After you posted that your case was never update online, I panicked and called USCIS yesterday (my case was accepted in the lockbox on May 2nd)but they said they are still processing it 🙄

I am going to wait until end on June and then I guess I will need to ask help to congressmen as my deadline will be close to apply for H1B.

Can you give some suggestion on who to contact for this as it worked well for you? Thank you!!

My case was received by them early April and then accepted after one month. SO take it into account as well. Please see my posts for timeline. It took almost 6-7 weeks for USCIS to process my waiver.

Please see my last post regarding congressmen option and how and when to use wisely.

Edited by JWaiver_2019

On 6/1/2019 at 2:00 AM, JWaiver_2019 said:

I used this link to find our area representative information to contact:

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

I made my case using USCIS expedite criteria (severe financial loss and USCIS error with evidence), and used congressman office to request this expedited service instead of calling USCIS, that is little more difficult than this path in my opinion.

You should not proceed for this option without strong reason or you may get pre-formatted response from USCIS through congressman office and you may lose this option in future in real need. So make sure you have good evidence to support your claim and then go with this option. I hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I just now found this forum. Hopefully someone can answer my question because our lawyer gives us very vague estimates as far as the timeline goes.

We filed for Hardship waiver forever ago and have been waiting. I was under J1 and the program was sponsored by the USA. As of today here is where we are as far as our waiver goes (see the image). Looks like Sponsor views have been received in April. Given all of your experiences and statistics you guys have been following up with here, how long till we hear anything at all about our case? How much longer till we finally get a decision on the waiver? 

Thank you in advance!

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 12.06.39 PM.png

NOA1 for I130 - Dec 10th, 2018

Filed for K3 July 8, 2019.

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 still pending review

Expedited I129F September 28, 2019.

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

23 hours ago, Micht said:

I finally received my approval notice!

Hi Micht

Congratulations and thanks for the update. Im glad finally its over for you. Im still waiting on my approval and no update other than case received in USCIS website😑. When did your case was received by USCIS office ( which office) and did your case status got updated  online?

7 minutes ago, Kr1234 said:

Hi Micht

Congratulations and thanks for the update. Im glad finally its over for you. Im still waiting on my approval and no update other than case received in USCIS website😑. When did your case was received by USCIS office ( which office) and did your case status got updated  online?

Thank you! My case was received on may 23rd in Vermont office, never got updated online I just received the approval on my mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.