JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Kr1234 said:

Hi Illy, usually it should be updated by 30-45 days. I dont know what takes so long. What i experienced is, usually they will respond to our email by 20 days or so. So hopefully you will get a reply or update soon. Also im assuming u sent your package to correct address as mentioned in DS3035. 

Thank you. Yes, I  did send the package to the correct address..

I also know that my embassy submitted the NOS on May 9, so I do not really know why nothing has appeared yet...

Congrats to all of you who reached the end of this exhausting journey!

26 minutes ago, Micht said:

How long did you wait since your recommendation was sent until received your case number?

My recommendation letter was sent on May 9th,  I got the DOS recommendation letter on May 15th (dated May 3rd) and USCIS received date was May 14th and notice date was May 15th and I saw my notice in mailbox on May 22nd, I exactly dont know when the mail arrived to my mailbox, since I was out of town and USPS informed mail delivery missed to show this post in my email.

Hope this helps and wish you too get your notice soon. 

Edited by Kr1234

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kr1234 said:

My recommendation letter was sent on May 9th,  I got the DOS recommendation letter on May 15th (dated May 3rd) and USCIS received date was May 14th and notice date was May 15th and I saw my notice in mailbox on May 22nd, I exactly dont know when the mail arrived to my mailbox, since I was out of town and USPS informed mail delivery missed to show this post in my email.

hello

I have been reading post in this forum and it has been super helpful. This forum has helped me to maintain a  normal blood pressure when i see people post and realized that i am not alone. Thanks for all your informative post everyone.  Seeking a little clarification. After you country send your no objection statement what will happen next? Secondly at what stage in the process does uscis 'accepts your case via lockbox' asking because i have seen many post stating this. This may seem  like a stupid question but i really dont know that why i am asking. My case was updated march 28,2019, here still waiting on another update. Thank you.

1 minute ago, Sunshine33 said:

hello

I have been reading post in this forum and it has been super helpful. This forum has helped me to maintain a  normal blood pressure when i see people post and realized that i am not alone. Thanks for all your informative post everyone.  Seeking a little clarification. After you country send your no objection statement what will happen next? Secondly at what stage in the process does uscis 'accepts your case via lockbox' asking because i have seen many post stating this. This may seem  like a stupid question but i really dont know that why i am asking. My case was updated march 28,2019, here still waiting on another update. Thank you.

So once your country embassy sends no objection statement to DOS, it will take 2-6 weeks for the DOS to update (after this only the DOS timeline begins to process your application). After that it will take 4-8 weeks approximately for the DOS to make  favourable recommendation, DOS will forward them to USCIS and a copy to you. Once USCIS receives the recommendation, they will accept your case and sent you 797C notice which has the receipt number of your case. Using the receipt number, you have to create a uscis account and you can track the updates of your case. Finally, your case will be approved by USCIS and you will receive 797 form which is your final waiver.

Please note timeframe for each case varies depending on the type of waiver application they have applied. Check previous posts containing the case updates you will get a clear picture.

Hope this gives you an idea. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Kr1234 said:

So once your country embassy sends no objection statement to DOS, it will take 2-6 weeks for the DOS to update (after this only the DOS timeline begins to process your application). After that it will take 4-8 weeks approximately for the DOS to make  favourable recommendation, DOS will forward them to USCIS and a copy to you. Once USCIS receives the recommendation, they will accept your case and sent you 797C notice which has the receipt number of your case. Using the receipt number, you have to create a uscis account and you can track the updates of your case. Finally, your case will be approved by USCIS and you will receive 797 form which is your final waiver.

Please note timeframe for each case varies depending on the type of waiver application they have applied. Check previous posts containing the case updates you will get a clear picture.

Hope this gives you an idea. 

Wow you answered all my questions thanks a million. I appreciate the time you took to explain.

Hello everyone,

I am new to here and I am getting a lot of information from all of you. Thank you. 

Is there anybody waiting for the status update or got recent updates on the website? 

I sent DS3035 on May 7 and it arrived on May 9th, and I think money order has been cashed. 

It's been only two weeks but I am pretty tight on my schedule and really worrying about this. 

After mailed them, I realized that I didn't write my case number and country of last residence on documentations.. 

Would this be a problem too? 

Thanks for your help in advance..

Hi Everyone!

This is my first time posting here. I just the update from the DOS where they say they received the No Objection.

does anyone know how long it’s taking for them to send the Favorable Recommendation? And does it start when they actually received the letter or after it was updated on the website?

Thanks!B227B1E3-0409-43CF-8155-A57C2686986F.thumb.jpeg.baa1994b228282435b1d8d5964da5416.jpeg

Hi J waiver team

I've been following this forum for a month, thanks for sharing your experiences, particularity thanks to @JWaiver_2019 for your detailed responses to many queries.

Here is my timeline. 

Sent Package - March 17

Package received - March 21

No Objection sent from Embassy - March 21

DOS updated as below

image.thumb.png.0d872a02b63d762a7a22c0fad65012c8.png

On May 9 I got a mail asking for my sign on of the documents which I missed earlier. I FAXed the documents on same day and mailed them on May 12.

Since then I am not seeing any update, I know forgetting sign was my mistake, but I can't do anything now.  Do anyone fall in this category? How long you think they take to issue the FR?

Thanks in advance to anyone who come forward to response me

On 5/24/2019 at 12:54 PM, Kr1234 said:

I never received my recommendation letter but I have my I 797C. The USCIS page shows that my case was received at another USCIS office

40 minutes ago, Micht said:

I never received my recommendation letter but I have my I 797C. The USCIS page shows that my case was received at another USCIS office

Oh Ok...in this forum I have read posts of people where their case too received at another USCIS office so i think its ok. Make sure you create an account in USCIS for recent updates. 

Interesting Fact, may be helpful for some of you.

I have already got USCIS final waiver two weeks ago and today thought to check status on USCIS website since it was not updated last week. I am surprised that my status is still showing case accepted by lockbox.

So anything may happen. Keep active and engaged for your cases after certain timelines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.