JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

You can gather all information from this forum (2018 and 2019 timelines). This will be very helpful, take some time review all posts and make your notes. 

Second, when you will submit application online on DOS website, you will receive instructions with your downloaded packet and this information is mentioned there.

Also, read instructions and follow steps mentioned on this DOS official website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/study/exchange/waiver-of-the-exchange-visitor/how-to-apply-waiver.html

I hope this helps.

Most of us have used this approach and got FR successfully without involvement of attorney. Need to do good preparation for favorable outcome. Choice is yours!

Your information is very helpful. Thanks

This is a crazy question but does it make sense to check your j1 visa waiver status two three times a day? Do they have a specific day or time to update their web page? 

30 minutes ago, Sunshine33 said:

Your information is very helpful. Thanks

This is a crazy question but does it make sense to check your j1 visa waiver status two three times a day? Do they have a specific day or time to update their web page? 

Yes, I know as per experience. DOS update system around 2am everyday. So no need to check status multiple times in a day.

Timeline
2 hours ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Yes, I know as per experience. DOS update system around 2am everyday. So no need to check status multiple times in a day.

Thank you

9 hours ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Why don't you write to congressman for help. It looks there is some kind of mixing with your case and it should be corrected. 6 month is really long for No Objection cases unless your situation is complex for some reasons. Mentioned J1 waiver processing time on USCIS webiste are only for I-612 submitted directly to USCIS not the petitions (FR) submitted by DOS. You must check and request for investigation on your issue by calling USCIS.

I have been in touch with State Senator's office since the beginning. They have been contacting USCIS directly about my case (about 3-4 times already). We've always received the same pre-made patronized answer. Not much they can do!

3 hours ago, Caizi said:

Hi All: 

How long dose it usually take to receive a copy of FR from DOS? 

There is no tracking number for my self-address envelopes... 😥

For the U.S. address: Few days to 15 days after 'FR sent' status date on DOS website.

4 hours ago, Rafa2018 said:

I have been in touch with State Senator's office since the beginning. They have been contacting USCIS directly about my case (about 3-4 times already). We've always received the same pre-made patronized answer. Not much they can do!

Wish you all the best!! 

4 minutes ago, BorquMic said:

The receive date is 05/08/2019 per I-767

Thanks 🙏🏿 

Thanks dear. I was asking for this since my receive and acceptance date stated on I797c has one month gap. This is helpful.

Hi Guys,

Today, I got final waiver in mail but online website is not updated with the status.  

My J1 waiver journey is concluded positively with final waiver!! Journey started on December 26, 2018 and concluded today on May 18, 2019. Almost 6 month to pass all steps.

I had to involve congressmen and provide documentation to prove that there is USCIS error in updating my case in time and delay is beyond normal processing time plus I may need to leave if waiver doesn't come in time (my visa expiry is really near now).

So congressmen office contacted me after a week to sign a document for them to contact USCIS on my behalf and then after one week I got informed that USCIS is investigating congressmen request.
So, congressmen involvement really worked for me otherwise there could be further delay since USCIS lost my case and then found and updated acceptance date with one month gap of receiving date for processing etc. It took only few day for USCIS to investigate and conclude after congressmen involvement.

Use congressmen option carefully and when things are very tight and not going well in your favor! This will really work with wise decision and homework (evidences)!

I hope this information will be helpful for those still waiting or facing some issues. I will be happy to help you guys with specific questions, if you have.

Wish you all the best for your J1 waiver journeys for positive outcomes too!

Thanks everyone and specially those who responded to my questions offering help!

Edited by JWaiver_2019
Additional information and grammar corrections!

18 minutes ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Hi Guys,

Today, I got final waiver in mail but online website is not updated with the status.  

My J1 waiver journey is concluded positively with final waiver!! Journey started on December 26, 2018 and concluded today on May 18, 2019. Almost 6 month to pass all steps.

I had to involve congressmen and provide documentation to prove that there is USCIS error in updating my case in time and delay is beyond normal processing time plus I may need to leave if waiver doesn't come in time (my visa expiry is really near now).

So congressmen office contacted me after a week to sign a document for them to contact USCIS on my behalf and then after one week I got informed that USCIS is investigating congressmen request.
So, congressmen involvement really worked for me otherwise there could be further delay since USCIS lost my case and then found and updated acceptance date with one month gap of receiving date for processing etc. It took only few day for USCIS to investigate and conclude after congressmen involvement.

Use congressmen option carefully and when things are very tight and not going well in your favor! This will really work with wise decision and homework (evidences)!

I hope this information will be helpful for those still waiting or facing some issues. I will be happy to help you guys with specific questions, if you have.

Wish you all the best for your J1 waiver journeys for positive outcomes too!

Thanks everyone and specially those who responded to my questions offering help!

Thanks 🙏🏿 for update. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, BorquMic said:

Thanks 🙏🏿 for update. 

Congrats, waiting for a positive outcome for all of us, this is indeed a stressing process. All the best

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.