JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Pigletree said:

@JWaiver_2019 my case was accepted by lockbox on May 3rd, 2019.

wait...what? this is sooo weird! My case was accepted on the lockbox before yours (May 2nd)... no news since then ... while you already got it accepted 😫

This is so frustrating! But I am very happy for you

52 minutes ago, Sam86 said:

wait...what? this is sooo weird! My case was accepted on the lockbox before yours (May 2nd)... no news since then ... while you already got it accepted 😫

This is so frustrating! But I am very happy for you

Don't worry, all cases are different. No one knows processing criteria, but need to wait, will get news in 2-4 weeks of case acceptance.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:34 AM, Pigletree said:

@Kr1234 I called USCIS a couple times after DOS sent my recommendation letter but didn't get anything from the calls. I just got I797C notice of action last Thursday (May 9) in my mailbox and I797 approval notice last Saturday (May 11).

Congratulation! Thank you for sharing the good news. Gives me hope.

On 5/13/2019 at 12:34 PM, Pigletree said:

@Kr1234 I called USCIS a couple times after DOS sent my recommendation letter but didn't get anything from the calls. I just got I797C notice of action last Thursday (May 9) in my mailbox and I797 approval notice last Saturday (May 11).

Hi Pigletree,

Do you see your approval in online case status site? I am in the same position. Received my I797C NOA on May 9th, but did not receive approval yet. 

Thank you

46 minutes ago, MyRedNas said:

Hi Pigletree,

Do you see your approval in online case status site? I am in the same position. Received my I797C NOA on May 9th, but did not receive approval yet. 

Thank you

@MyRedNas No, the online case status site hasn't updated the status of the case. It is still saying that the case was accepted.

I heard other people (April 10th FR, NOL) received I-797c and I-797 together on May 9th too. Feels like their cases got accepted and approved the same time on May 2nd or May 3rd. 

My FR is also April 10th but not as lucky :P  I am grateful enough that I got the I-797C though ^^ 

Edited by J1_NOL_2019

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone I am new to this forum, but I have been reading and have found it very helpful. Thanks to everyone who shared. Should I wait for my waiver to be granted before submitting my I-130 form or can I do them together. still waiting on my waiver to be granted since march 28.

14 minutes ago, Sunshine33 said:

Hi everyone I am new to this forum, but I have been reading and have found it very helpful. Thanks to everyone who shared. Should I wait for my waiver to be granted before submitting my I-130 form or can I do them together. still waiting on my waiver to be granted since march 28.

My case got accepted by lockbox of USCIS on March 28. I am still waiting for the final approval for J1 waiver. 

On 4/18/2019 at 11:06 AM, JourneyJ1 said:

Hi guys, I am posting for the first time. I just had an update on  my case.

My timeline:

Application packet was sent to DOS by USPS Priority Mail:                            March 29 2019

Packet received (USPS confirmed by email due to issues with tracking):    April 1 2019

Embassy sent NOS by mail:                                                                                  April 5 2019

DOS updated status – Documents received (Except for NOS):                      April 17 2019

More updates to come as received ……..

Capture.thumb.PNG.2368d09ecd7836517cfc8ab26e844998.PNG

Hey Guys,

Still haven't received an update from DOS. I know for a fact that it's been over a month my Embassy sent the NOS. My deadlines are getting closer (J1 expires June 30th, need to start H1-b related-work on July 1st). Any suggestions on what to do?

6 hours ago, JourneyJ1 said:

Hey Guys,

Still haven't received an update from DOS. I know for a fact that it's been over a month my Embassy sent the NOS. My deadlines are getting closer (J1 expires June 30th, need to start H1-b related-work on July 1st). Any suggestions on what to do?

Hopefully NOS date will be updated soon and this will be the start of processing day @DOS, and then it takes 4-6 weeks on average as per recent timelines. If no government funding (or Fullbright) involved, then it should be faster hopefully. But your expected deadline is really tough.

Prepare your file for H1b premium processing in advance to get USCIS decision faster with your H1b petition, and apply soon you get FR. This can be started with DOS FR. This is the only way you can get conversion in time. By the way you have 30 days grace period to stay in USA after J1 status expires.

23 hours ago, rachelrae said:

My case got accepted by lockbox of USCIS on March 28. I am still waiting for the final approval for J1 waiver. 

USCIS timelines never makes sense for No Objection. So wait is the only option. My case was received on April 3rd (DOS FR on March 26) and accepted at lockbox on May 2nd. Still waiting. Just trying to understand logics but unable to get any idea except  ..... !

6 minutes ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

USCIS timelines never makes sense for No Objection. So wait is the only option. My case was received on April 3rd (DOS FR on March 26) and accepted at lockbox on May 2nd. Still waiting. Just trying to understand logics but unable to get any idea except  ..... !

You are right. Is there any way to speed up?

6 minutes ago, rachelrae said:

You are right. Is there any way to speed up?

Yes, there is a criteria for expedited request but requires you to submit strong evidence. Other way is congressman involvement in your case as last option but no guarantee since they can help in finding case and update you with the status (although people mentioned it was very helpful for them). These are the only two options that can be used to expedite if your situation is really tight and have enough documentation to prove.

The best way if you are eligible and can follow is submit H1b premium petition with DOS letter to bypass all this USCIS pain.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.