JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

On 5/11/2019 at 5:20 AM, JWaiver_2019 said:

DOS will use one of your self address envelope and you should know using tracking number once it is mailed. Have you got any update. I hope you will get it soon.

Yes I got an update Jwaiver_2019, but still i couldnt trace my envelope (no update in usps website till now). I also stamped my envelopes (just in case) but i dont know whether they used stamps instead😭 or not yet mailed my envelope😭

waiver status.png

Edited by Kr1234

On 5/11/2019 at 5:26 AM, BorquMic said:

Yes I have received my letter from DOS. Once they send your Recommendation letter they will update your case. 

May i know after how many days u got the letter, i got the update (letter sent) on May 9th, but still i couldnt track my envelope (priority mail)😭

On 4/30/2019 at 11:00 AM, Pigletree said:

I called USCIS today (10 days after the recommendation letter sent by DOS) to ask for the case number. They said I need to file an application of I-612 on my end. Do I need to send an application to USCIS?

I have received I-797 from USCIS. Here is my timeline in USCIS:

5/5/2019: USCIS I-797C Notice of Action 

5/7/2019: USCIS I-797 Approval Notice

7 minutes ago, Kr1234 said:

Congratulations happy for you. How did you get them? You called them again or just got in your mailbox?

@Kr1234 I called USCIS a couple times after DOS sent my recommendation letter but didn't get anything from the calls. I just got I797C notice of action last Thursday (May 9) in my mailbox and I797 approval notice last Saturday (May 11).

On 5/11/2019 at 5:25 AM, JWaiver_2019 said:

Case to case situation is different. Some have got FR earlier and some late but within 2 months time. The most important thing is that you keep all your documents completed and they should have everything available on your file to process things faster. If sponsor view is expected (US Govt funds case), contact sponsor and let them aware and keep in contact with them to respond to anything immediately. Earlier sponsor views are submitted, faster one gets FR decision.

How do I contact them? Mine was USAID, it's not Fulbright that has a bureau in my country. 

7 hours ago, Pigletree said:

I have received I-797 from USCIS. Here is my timeline in USCIS:

5/5/2019: USCIS I-797C Notice of Action 

5/7/2019: USCIS I-797 Approval Notice

Congratulations! This is great news!

Can you please share when your case was accepted by lockbox. There was a group of cases accepted by lockbox on May 2nd to forward for USCIS processing at the Vermont service center, so I am curious if yours was part of that group as well? I will appreciate if you can share case acceptance dat by lockbox.

4 hours ago, eliottreid said:

How do I contact them? Mine was USAID, it's not Fulbright that has a bureau in my country. 

I checked for mine with my J1 visa responsible person and she connected me with the relevant unit. Check with your J1 visa responsible person (should be the signing person on your DS2019). This is the only way I know.

2 minutes ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

I checked for mine with my J1 visa responsible person and she connected me with the relevant unit. Check with your J1 visa responsible person (should be the signing person on your DS2019). This is the only way I know.

That’s a good idea. What did you tell them? Just to get ready to review my waiver or ...? Should I just tell them that I am applying and if they have any question during the review to contact me?

8 hours ago, Kr1234 said:

Yes I got an update Jwaiver_2019, but still i couldnt trace my envelope (no update in usps website till now). I also stamped my envelopes (just in case) but i dont know whether they used stamps instead😭 or not yet mailed my envelope😭

waiver status.png

Create USPS account for informed delivery (they have mobile app as well) and keep tracking your incoming USPS mails online. It is possible USPS didn't scan your mail, USPS is not reliable any way as per my observation. It should arrive this week I believe.

1 minute ago, eliottreid said:

That’s a good idea. What did you tell them? Just to get ready to review my waiver or ...? Should I just tell them that I am applying and if they have any question during the review to contact me?

Like, I contacted J1 responsible person and informed about my waiver application and timelines, and requested for their support to expedite the process.

I met them in person and this really helped me in moving things forward faster. 

14 hours ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Create USPS account for informed delivery (they have mobile app as well) and keep tracking your incoming USPS mails online. It is possible USPS didn't scan your mail, USPS is not reliable any way as per my observation. It should arrive this week I believe.

Yes I already have them and finally yesterday night my envelope was mailed:). I could track them now.

16 hours ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Congratulations! This is great news!

Can you please share when your case was accepted by lockbox. There was a group of cases accepted by lockbox on May 2nd to forward for USCIS processing at the Vermont service center, so I am curious if yours was part of that group as well? I will appreciate if you can share case acceptance dat by lockbox.

@JWaiver_2019 my case was accepted by lockbox on May 3rd, 2019.

Edited by Pigletree

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.