JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

On 5/3/2019 at 2:44 PM, JWaiver_2019 said:

Same response I got but when I called after 30 days they submitted my complain. I got email from VC requesting for DOS letter by email that I have sent them. Now I am waiting for their response. I will update here soon I get any news.

Hope you get an update from them soon! Fingers crossed.

I called the USCIS today (30 days since DOS sent FR) and finally got a receipt number for my case. The USCIS received my case on May 2nd and it is still pending atm. 

The phone call didn't go smoothly though. When I finally got to speak to an agent after 45 minutes of waiting, she told me that there is no record for my case in their system and I should contact DOS instead of USCIS. I tried to explain the situation, but she got impatient and kept repeating "you should call DOS". She put me on hold again when I mentioned that other agents confirmed that they are the right place to contact (this is the 3rd time I called USCIS). I also insisted that the FR must be received by the USCIS (assuming DOS sent FR electronically). This time she was able to find my receipt number! She said that her system wasn't showing the most updated information before (?). I don't know if this is a common problem of their system or just happened to me. I want to share this experience in case it will help. 

In addition, for people who moved after sending the waiver application to DOS: 

Don't assume they will process your request. I found out that the DOS didn't process my change of address request until I emailed  212ewaiver@state.gov...My change of address request was delivered to DOS on Jan 16th and no update since then. I emailed them on Apr 5th after the no objection statement was received. It took them about 2 weeks to process the request (see timeline attached). I changed my address online with USCIS today but the NOA letter has already been mailed to my old address. It was my own fault to wait for this long to contact them so please don't repeat my mistake.

Capture.PNG

11 hours ago, satk said:

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share my timeline. I have been waiting for 7 weeks now to get a recommendation.  Anybody is going through such a long waiting process?

Straight forward case with no funding from Government.  

Thanks,

J1.jpg

Have you tried contacting them via  212ewaiver@state.gov

On 5/4/2019 at 11:26 PM, Kr1234 said:

Hi BorquMic, Did u receive any updates on ur case, when the recommendation letter was sent or did u receive the letter? Me too got favorable recommendation today but without the recommendation letter sent information. Is there anyone other than us with the same situation, will be really happy to know about the status of your case. Im little worried because of the no recommendation letter sent information on the DOS website. I also used the usps priority mail envelopes as my self addressed envelopes with tracking and also with stamps (in case), was trying to track the envelopes but no updates in usps system yet.

Below is my updated status

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 10.17.57 PM.png

DOS will use one of your self address envelope and you should know using tracking number once it is mailed. Have you got any update. I hope you will get it soon.

On 5/8/2019 at 2:26 PM, eliottreid said:

Seems like it's 2-3 months after the embassy sends the letter. This is the second timeline I see with US Gov. I wish it will be the same for me. The embassy will send it sometime this month. Ughhh 

Case to case situation is different. Some have got FR earlier and some late but within 2 months time. The most important thing is that you keep all your documents completed and they should have everything available on your file to process things faster. If sponsor view is expected (US Govt funds case), contact sponsor and let them aware and keep in contact with them to respond to anything immediately. Earlier sponsor views are submitted, faster one gets FR decision.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:58 AM, satk said:

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share my timeline. I have been waiting for 7 weeks now to get a recommendation.  Anybody is going through such a long waiting process?

Straight forward case with no funding from Government.  

Thanks,

J1.jpg

You should hear something good sooner based on average response time!

14 hours ago, Serhat said:

Hi.

I applied for waiver 02/15. I am still waiting last decision from USCIS. Today is 30th day. Is it normal? 

Thank you

20190510_160349.jpg

Yes, it takes few weeks to 2 months for most of the cases and months for some special (complex) cases.

Here is new update:

I initiated case inquiry with USCIS since they were unable to track my case over phone and the I got email from VC requesting to send DOS letter. I sent them and they investigated and I just got NOA by mail. It looks they lost my case somewhere in the middle since my case accepted date is May 2nd but receiving date is April 2nd. 

I am not sure of difference between Receive Date and Notice Date but it looks USCIS acknowledge case received by DOS on April 2nd and Accepted for processing on May 2nd.

I have also observed that most of cases have been accepted on May 2nd and earlier on April 10th. I am not sure if USCIS lockbox receive all cases, group them and then send to processing teams on specific day every month. 

Any experience sharing from seniors? Also, views on 'receive' vs 'notice' dates? Which one is used for processing time estimation.

Also, my observation is that USCIS update their status as "Case was Received' vs 'Case Accepted by USCIS lockbox'. And if you change last digits of your case number to track other case statuses to get some idea, you can see all cases of similar category have same receiving or acceptance dates. Anyone observed this?

I think 'Case was Received' means USCIS acknowledged receipt of electronic petition I-612 by DOS (as they call it F.Recommendation) and 'Case accepted by lockbox' means USCIS lockbox team has screened petition and found it complete and forward it to USCIS processing team. 

My thoughts, anyone observed they got USCIS case approval after 'Case was Received' status instead of 'Case accepted by Lockbox'? Please share your experience since this looks interesting and good to know for future applicants and myself with current situation. 

This will let us know how near we are to the final decision? May be...!

14 hours ago, J1_NOL_2019 said:

Hope you get an update from them soon! Fingers crossed.

I called the USCIS today (30 days since DOS sent FR) and finally got a receipt number for my case. The USCIS received my case on May 2nd and it is still pending atm. 

The phone call didn't go smoothly though. When I finally got to speak to an agent after 45 minutes of waiting, she told me that there is no record for my case in their system and I should contact DOS instead of USCIS. I tried to explain the situation, but she got impatient and kept repeating "you should call DOS". She put me on hold again when I mentioned that other agents confirmed that they are the right place to contact (this is the 3rd time I called USCIS). I also insisted that the FR must be received by the USCIS (assuming DOS sent FR electronically). This time she was able to find my receipt number! She said that her system wasn't showing the most updated information before (?). I don't know if this is a common problem of their system or just happened to me. I want to share this experience in case it will help. 

In addition, for people who moved after sending the waiver application to DOS: 

Don't assume they will process your request. I found out that the DOS didn't process my change of address request until I emailed  212ewaiver@state.gov...My change of address request was delivered to DOS on Jan 16th and no update since then. I emailed them on Apr 5th after the no objection statement was received. It took them about 2 weeks to process the request (see timeline attached). I changed my address online with USCIS today but the NOA letter has already been mailed to my old address. It was my own fault to wait for this long to contact them so please don't repeat my mistake.

Capture.PNG

Yes got the case number but USCIS lost it and had to investigate and retrieved my case finally for processing. 
So, no need to wait after 3 weeks of DOS FR date, if you don't received NOA. Call and try to get your case number that should have been updated in the system by that time for 'No Objection' category.

I received 

5 hours ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Here is new update:

I initiated case inquiry with USCIS since they were unable to track my case over phone and the I got email from VC requesting to send DOS letter. I sent them and they investigated and I just got NOA by mail. It looks they lost my case somewhere in the middle since my case accepted date is May 2nd but receiving date is April 2nd. 

I am not sure of difference between Receive Date and Notice Date but it looks USCIS acknowledge case received by DOS on April 2nd and Accepted for processing on May 2nd.

I have also observed that most of cases have been accepted on May 2nd and earlier on April 10th. I am not sure if USCIS lockbox receive all cases, group them and then send to processing teams on specific day every month. 

Any experience sharing from seniors? Also, views on 'receive' vs 'notice' dates? Which one is used for processing time estimation.

Also, my observation is that USCIS update their status as "Case was Received' vs 'Case Accepted by USCIS lockbox'. And if you change last digits of your case number to track other case statuses to get some idea, you can see all cases of similar category have same receiving or acceptance dates. Anyone observed this?

I think 'Case was Received' means USCIS acknowledged receipt of electronic petition I-612 by DOS (as they call it F.Recommendation) and 'Case accepted by lockbox' means USCIS lockbox team has screened petition and found it complete and forward it to USCIS processing team. 

My thoughts, anyone observed they got USCIS case approval after 'Case was Received' status instead of 'Case accepted by Lockbox'? Please share your experience since this looks interesting and good to know for future applicants and myself with current situation. 

This will let us know how near we are to the final decision? May be...!

I also received my NOA in the mail yesterday stamped May 2nd. Although my FR was sent to me on April 12th. I think your theory is correct. They seem to be bundled and processed at a given time. Hopefully, the result will be out soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.