JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, JaneNC said:

I'm new at this and getting everything ready to send form my waiver. Can I get a cashier's check from my bank? It says a money order. Has anyone sent a personal check? Thanks!

Yes, you can get a cashier's check from your bank without any fee. You can also get a money order from Walmart but that adds some fee to it. Personal checks are not eligible.

HTH.

On 10/3/2020 at 11:34 AM, JaneNC said:

I'm new at this and getting everything ready to send form my waiver. Can I get a cashier's check from my bank? It says a money order. Has anyone sent a personal check? Thanks!

cau use money order. I used the one from USPS. chared 1.25$ extra and the cheapest option. Not sure about personal check.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to apply to the No-Objection J1 Waiver this year. I am starting to gather the different documents needed and talking to my embassy in the US. My question is to fellow Fulbright-LASPAU grantee applicants out there on how their process took place. Did you receive a waiver? Any tips would help. 

Thanks everyone.

I think I'm finally done! 
The USCIS website still only shows the receipt of the application, not the approval... So I remain cautiously optimistic for now.

My timeline:

Application packet was sent to DOS:                                                                  May 22nd 2020

Check was cashed:                                                                                                June 1st 2020

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                     August 4th 2020

Application packet was sent to German Embassy:                                          May 22nd 2020

German Embassy requested additional documents:                                       June 8th 2020

Sending additional documents to German Embassy:                                      June 9th 2020

German Embassy sent NOS by mail:                                                                  June 22nd 2020

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                    August 5th 2020

DOS updated status - Favorable Recommendation Sent                                September 17th, 2020

Hard copy of Favorable Recommendation received                                        September 24th, 2020

USCIS I612 Application Receipt Notice (I-797C)                                              Notice Date: September 24th, 2020                  Received: September 30th, 2020

USCIS I612 Application Approval Notice (I-797)                                              Notice Date: October 1st, 2020                          Received: October 6th, 2020

I'll let you know if there are any other developments.
In case I do not return here, I wish y'all good luck!!

44 minutes ago, BaiLong said:

The USCIS website still only shows the receipt of the application, not the approval... So I remain cautiously optimistic for now.

My timeline:

Application packet was sent to DOS:                                                                  May 22nd 2020

Check was cashed:                                                                                                June 1st 2020

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                     August 4th 2020

Application packet was sent to German Embassy:                                          May 22nd 2020

German Embassy requested additional documents:                                       June 8th 2020

Sending additional documents to German Embassy:                                      June 9th 2020

German Embassy sent NOS by mail:                                                                  June 22nd 2020

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                    August 5th 2020

DOS updated status - Favorable Recommendation Sent                                September 17th, 2020

Hard copy of Favorable Recommendation received                                        September 24th, 2020

USCIS I612 Application Receipt Notice (I-797C)                                              Notice Date: September 24th, 2020                  Received: September 30th, 2020

USCIS I612 Application Approval Notice (I-797)                                              Notice Date: October 1st, 2020                          Received: October 6th, 2020

Congrats! My NOS was received in the system on September 8, so I think I might as well see the "FR sent" soon! By the way, once you see FR on DoS site, how does one track your application on USCIS?

1 minute ago, MZQ said:

Congrats! My NOS was received in the system on September 8, so I think I might as well see the "FR sent" soon! By the way, once you see FR on DoS site, how does one track your application on USCIS?

I was only able to track it on https://egov.uscis.gov/ once I got the I-797C, which states the USCIS case number. 

2 hours ago, BaiLong said:

My timeline:

Congrats! I received favorable recommendation online on Sept 15. But have not received anything from DOS or USCIS. Can anyone suggest on how I can get the USCIS  case number?

22 hours ago, BaiLong said:

21 hours ago, BaiLong said:

I was only able to track it on https://egov.uscis.gov/ once I got the I-797C, which states the USCIS case number. 

Use https://my.uscis.gov instead. Mine was approved on September 17 and showed up the same day on that website. Till today (1+ month later), https://egov.uscis.gov/ only shows the receipt so it's quite unreliable and doesn't update often.

On 10/3/2020 at 2:35 AM, Malik1979 said:

Hi

I just want to give an update that I have received the hard copy of the FR from DOS on 10/06/20.

Sent documents  -23 Jan

Embassy sent NOS - 15 Aug  ( Delay due to COVID 19 ) 

updated on dos website - 23 Aug

FR by DOS -23 Sep 

FR hard copy DOS - Oct 06

Still waiting to get something from USCIS. 

Edited by Malik1979

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 11:18 PM, Malik1979 said:

Hi

I just want to give an update that I have received the hard copy of the FR from DOS on 10/06/20.

Sent documents  -23 Jan

Embassy sent NOS - 15 Aug  ( Delay due to COVID 19 ) 

updated on dos website - 23 Aug

FR by DOS -23 Sep 

FR hard copy DOS - Oct 06

Still waiting to get something from USCIS. 

I'm on the exact same situation. Received Hard copy FR Sept 24th and still waiting to hear from USCIS. Hoping it will come soon!

Can anyone help? Uscis said they sent recommendation to dos in 2019 and they never updated me. After I did congressional inquiry, i was notified that uscis sent recommendation. However, dos keeps saying that they haven’t received i613. I am trying every way to have uscis resend their recommendation but nothing happened. What do you think I should do? My case is stuck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.