JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

About five of us on another forum have had no update in the DoS system for 12 weeks following the issuance of our NOS in March from the same embassy. Needless to say, the situation has been terrible for many of us. We have petitioned our congressmen and congresswomen with sporadic and unhelpful DOS responses... Do you guys believe waivers are processed by DS2019 expiration dates?

23 hours ago, j1_nocwaiver said:

No, I don't believe so. I have heard people left for home and got the recommendation long after their ds date of expiration. My advise will be not to panic if you have a good amount of time left on your Ds. The recommendation can come anytime.   

I have 2 months left on my DS2019. and still NOS is not updated on DOS (> than a month). Is there any possibility in your experience that I would get FR before my DS expires? I know that's a stupid question but it's just so panicky situation. 

4 minutes ago, PRIG said:

I have 2 months left on my DS2019. and still NOS is not updated on DOS (> than a month). Is there any possibility in your experience that I would get FR before my DS expires? I know that's a stupid question but it's just so panicky situation. 

It looks like everything with DOS takes a little more time than usually, probably because of the pandemic. I would double check with your embassy that they really sent the NOS and send email to DOS (do not expect fast response). You can also try to request expedited processing if you are fitting in the eligible category. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.55670431eff04e18c37060ee57bcfe8f.JPG

Application package received: February 4th 2020
Embassy sent NOW letter       : February 11th 2020 
I have not received any government funding. I sent an email around mid May and they responded two weeks ago.
"your case file appears to be complete and ready to process.  Provided we have received all the required documentation, we assure you that your request will be processed as soon as possible."

It has been 16 weeks since last update. As far as I can see, the last FR was sent to someone in this group on June 1st. Has anyone received FR after June 1st?

32 minutes ago, NOW_TR_2020 said:

I have not received any government funding. I sent an email around mid May and they responded two weeks ago.
"your case file appears to be complete and ready to process.  Provided we have received all the required documentation, we assure you that your request will be processed as soon as possible."

It has been 16 weeks since last update. As far as I can see, the last FR was sent to someone in this group on June 1st. Has anyone received FR after June 1st?

HI, I am aware of multiple people receiving FR (June 10 and June 17) according to another forum. I am really sorry this is happening to you. We are all in the same boat at their whim.

On 6/26/2020 at 9:24 PM, teapot2020 said:

About five of us on another forum have had no update in the DoS system for 12 weeks following the issuance of our NOS in March from the same embassy. Needless to say, the situation has been terrible for many of us. We have petitioned our congressmen and congresswomen with sporadic and unhelpful DOS responses... Do you guys believe waivers are processed by DS2019 expiration dates?

3 hours ago, teapot2020 said:

HI, I am aware of multiple people receiving FR (June 10 and June 17) according to another forum. I am really sorry this is happening to you. We are all in the same boat at their whim.

Can you please give me the link to that forum? 

On 6/29/2020 at 5:12 PM, NOW_TR_2020 said:

Hi! By ‘Application package received’ in February you meant the mail/courier was delivered to DoS?

I just mailed my package1 to DoS today and trying to figure out the tentative timeline!

Edited by MZQ

On 6/29/2020 at 12:30 PM, Veronikac said:

It looks like everything with DOS takes a little more time than usually, probably because of the pandemic. I would double check with your embassy that they really sent the NOS and send email to DOS (do not expect fast response). You can also try to request expedited processing if you are fitting in the eligible category. 

Could you please suggest what criteria do they accept for expedited processing?  Whatever little I know of is that they consider waivers based on hardship or research of national interest. Can I ask for expedited processing on No Objection basis?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.