JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, BaiLong said:

Hi,

Has anyone else had issues with the J1 Waiver Status website not showing any updates? I mailed all documents about 3 weeks ago. The check was cashed last week, but I still don't see any status of the waiver.

Thanks,

--Markus

It takes a few weeks to update, keep waiting

9 hours ago, Amanda0722 said:

Hi! I am waiting to DOS to send my FR, and the timeline is below. My question is why my timeline doesn't show "passport data page" received? Does it affect my case? (I mailed all paper to them include passport page.)

IMG_1500.jpg

I believe someone posted here they got the FR without the passport page ever showing up. 

3 hours ago, tmk91 said:

It takes a few weeks to update, keep waiting

Or months..... Mine took 10 weeks to appear (NOS still not there although it was sent months ago). My husbands application was sent 3 months ago and the documents are still not online. There seems to be no "standard" processing time these days. It is very frustrating.

3 minutes ago, no12name said:

Or months..... Mine took 10 weeks to appear (NOS still not there although it was sent months ago). My husbands application was sent 3 months ago and the documents are still not online. There seems to be no "standard" processing time these days. It is very frustrating.

Thanks tmk91 and no12name.

I just got nervous because the check was already cashed. So I started thinking some else might have taken the check. 
I assumed if the DoS takes the time to cash it they would at least take the time to also punch in that they received the documents. But hopefully that’s just my skewed view of bureaucracy.

1 minute ago, BaiLong said:

Thanks tmk91 and no12name.

I just got nervous because the check was already cashed. So I started thinking some else might have taken the check. 
I assumed if the DoS takes the time to cash it they would at least take the time to also punch in that they received the documents. But hopefully that’s just my skewed view of bureaucracy.

That would be logic to me, too, but unfortunately that's not how it seems to work.... 😶 But it's good for you to know that your check got cashed, so at least they somehow received it. I think it's unlikely that someone else took it. Unfortunately we have to be extra patient...

On 6/8/2020 at 3:01 PM, tmk91 said:

UPDATED TIMELINE:

1. FR sent: May 28, 2020

No DoS copy of FR

2. USCIS Notice of Action (I-797C) received in my mailbox: June 8, 2020

Now waiting for the waiver!!!! fingers crossed

OK USCIS IS MOVING FAST: 

UPDATED TIMELINE:

1. FR sent: May 28, 2020

No DoS copy of FR

2. USCIS Notice of Action (I-797C) received in my mailbox: June 8, 2020

3. USCIS APPROVAL OF WAIVER: June 10, 2020

Only waiting for the hard copy to arrive my mailbox.

Best of luck everyone!

On 5/29/2020 at 9:06 AM, anu55 said:

Never thought I would see this day! Finally got favorable recommendation after 18 weeks of wait! For all those waiting good luck and don't lose hope! Hopefully, USCIS approval won't take this much time...

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 8.56.06 AM.png

Edited to add further updates: 

Letter from DoS informing of favorable recommendation: Mailed on May 28, received in mail on June 6 

Case Received by USCIS: June 6 

Form I-797 C/USCIS case receipt notice: received in mail on June 8 

On 6/10/2020 at 11:50 AM, no12name said:

Hey I'm facing the same situation. sent my documents to St. Louis on 18th March 2020 and until now it is past 2.5 months and still my documents never showed up on DOS website. when did you and your husband  mailed your documnts to DOS? is your husband's application got activated online now? It's getting really stressful. knowing your timeline progress might be helpful.

5 hours ago, anu55 said:

My case was today approved by USCIS! After the tortuously long wait to receive FR, the final approval with USCIS has been really quick! 

Here is the timeline - hope it helps others: 

Letter from DoS informing of favorable recommendation: Mailed on May 28, received in mail on June 6 

Case Received by USCIS: June 6 

Form I-797 C/USCIS case receipt notice: received in mail on June 8 

Case (Form I-612) approved by USCIS: June 11 

Will further update when the hard copy arrives. 

Best of luck everyone!

Edited by anu55

3 hours ago, anu55 said:

Yeah - I've heard that this proclamation was in the works. Can they do your petition before it is rolled out. Cap-exempt premium processing starts June 15th? 

I am in the US, my hope is that change of status is not affected, but who knows. It is a bad, tough time for us. 

Edited by sad_postdoc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.