JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I am applying for no objection waiver. DOS received all my documents back in March and since then I am waiting for them to request sponsor views (my J1 visa was sponsored by the US government). It seems to me like a very long waiting time from receiving No objection statement and requesting the sponsor views. When I was looking on similar cases, DOS usually requested sponsor views within 2-3 weeks after receiving the no objection statement. The longest waiting time which I find was 11 weeks. It is already over 11 weeks from the last status update. I already sent email to DOS if they can provide me with information what is going on with the request. They got back to me after a month  that they can confirm that my NOS was received, they have 12-16 weeks to process the case but it can take sometimes longer and they will process my case as soon as possible. I sent another email to them this week. I also know for sure that my US government sponsor was not contacted by DOS (just in case that they forgot to update the status). Does anybody have similar experience? It makes me worried that nothing is happening for so long.

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.9a895250a6626efb185c72cc195f01bf.png

19 hours ago, anu55 said:

Never thought I would see this day! Finally got favorable recommendation after 18 weeks of wait! For all those waiting good luck and don't lose hope! Hopefully, USCIS approval won't take this much time...

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 8.56.06 AM.png

Is your J1 still valid? I am wondering if your J1 status needs to be valid to change into another visa. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
13 hours ago, j1_nocwaiver said:

Hi All

Have you guys got the news of premium processing? USCIS will start the premium processing from June 22. I think this is a great news. What do you say?  

Premium processing for what? H1B?

Hi guys,

is there anyone in this forum who has sent their J1 waiver stage III documents to Saint Louis on 17 -18th march 2020 or later and your case no. got activated on DOS website? Mine is not activated yet and is past 10 weeks now so just curious to know if someone else is in the same boat or not. I would really appreciate your responses. Thank you!

18 hours ago, PRIG said:

Hi guys,

is there anyone in this forum who has sent their J1 waiver stage III documents to Saint Louis on 17 -18th march 2020 or later and your case no. got activated on DOS website? Mine is not activated yet and is past 10 weeks now so just curious to know if someone else is in the same boat or not. I would really appreciate your responses. Thank you!

My number is not active also. I sent them an e mail and they said they sent the favorable recommendation to uscis. I still didn't get the letter. I don't know what's going on.

5 hours ago, Matboyle said:

My number is not active also. I sent them an e mail and they said they sent the favorable recommendation to uscis. I still didn't get the letter. I don't know what's going on.

Thanks. but your'e waiting for a letter. I'm far behind that step as my case no. is not even acknowledged on DOS site:(( DO you have any idea what's going wrong?

1 hour ago, brhacker said:

Hello all,

Here is my updated timeline:

FR sent to USCIS - May 14, 2020

Case Received - May 20, 2020

Receipt Notice - May 26, 2020

Case Approved - May 22, 2020

Approval Notice - June 1, 2020

825126060_ScreenShot2020-06-02at11_25_40AM.thumb.png.bca3ac42371cd45effb7a76824fe3a0c.png

Hello! Did you get an email saying that USCIS has received your case before receiving your approval notice? 

Hi all,

I got a Favorable Recommendation on May 28, 2020. I saw recent posts, and apparently, is taking 2 weeks for straight forward cases, is that right? I went with a No Objection Statement and I did not get any funding whatsoever. 

Will update as soon as I have more news on this!

1038738969_ScreenShot2020-06-02at19_23_04.thumb.png.2c3be0667e4a16f84a7e20f28d6ad74d.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.