JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, brhacker said:

I want to share some good news, I just checked the DOS website and looks like I got a favorable recommendation. Previously my application was on “sponsor views request” stage and I noticed 2 days ago it was gone. How can I check my case with USCIS? What should I ask them in order to get the case number? Here is my timeline. 

94B54CD3-DC1C-4BC6-BE06-9133CED06A8D.jpeg

USCIS will send you a letter with your case number and then you can check your status on their website. If you don't get a letter after 2 weeks you can call and find out your case number. 

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Received USCIS Approval after 42 days of received notice.

USCIS first Notice of receiving: April 1,2020

Final USCIS Approval: May 12, 2020

Thank you all for support and information.

Edited by Dev1971

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 5/15/2020 at 11:49 PM, Song_zen said:

Fee,  ds 2019, ds 3035, statement of reason- 4/25/20

NOS - 4/26/20

no passport page

Have you ever mailed the passport data part again? I might be going to try it sometime in this week. 

On 5/19/2020 at 4:31 AM, heonss said:

Have you ever mailed the passport data part again? I might be going to try it sometime in this week. 

I have not mailed the new one yet.

I am pretty sure they got it but it may not be updated the same as last year.

I wish we could find more other people like us this year.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
13 hours ago, Song_zen said:

This is me Song_zen.

i got my recommendation 5/21/20.

you do not need to resend passport page.

Thank you for the update! my no objection statement hasn’t even showed up yet but hope it comes soon too. Good to know I can just wait through.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have finally received a response from DoS to my email:

A check of our Waiver Review System indicates that your case file appears to be complete and ready to process.  Provided we have received all the required documentation, we assure you that your request will be processed as soon as possible. 

Do you have any idea about what they mean by "Provided we have received all the required documentation"? Does it mean that the DoS has to receive some sort of documentation from other agencies/departments regarding our application and they won't be able to process without receiving that documentation? My case is now over 13 weeks and still pending.

3 hours ago, waiver is coming said:

I have finally received a response from DoS to my email:

A check of our Waiver Review System indicates that your case file appears to be complete and ready to process.  Provided we have received all the required documentation, we assure you that your request will be processed as soon as possible. 

Do you have any idea about what they mean by "Provided we have received all the required documentation"? Does it mean that the DoS has to receive some sort of documentation from other agencies/departments regarding our application and they won't be able to process without receiving that documentation? My case is now over 13 weeks and still pending.

I believe this is a standard response. I got the same some weeks before the FR was issued. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, sad_postdoc said:

I believe this is a standard response. I got the same some weeks before the FR was issued. 

Thanks for your response. Do you remember how long your case took?

4 minutes ago, waiver is coming said:

Thanks for your response. Do you remember how long your case took?

~14 weeks since they should have received the documents, ~9 weeks from when the status said they had received all the documents. They replied to my email a month after I emailed and ~ 1 month after that, the FR was issued. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.