JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, no12name said:

Hi! My documents finally  show up in the system as received (except for my NOS unfortunately), about 10 weeks after I sent them. So something somehow is happening, but I don't think the normal "rules" (with respect to timing) apply nowadays.

I sent applications late Feb 2020 and got updated April ,25 2020 for all documents except passport data page which was also included in the package sent to DOS.

I noticed all people here got their passport data page uploaded in the DOS website.

I wonder when you check your status, was your passport data page upload?

mine shows copy ds2019, fee, ds3035, NOS, and statement of reason.

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hello I am wondering if someone can help me out..

My fiancé and I are currently in the K1 visa process and our lawyer never made anything clear to us about a two year rule so our case is sitting at the NVC waiting to be sent in, but she has the two year rule from a J1 visa in 2018 for four months. She was doing work and travel and worked as a housekeeper and the consulate officer subjected her to the two year because of the skill set. In the summer of 2019 she also received another J1 visa for four months and was not subject to the two year rule while working as a waitress. She did not receive any government funding from her country or the US. All of her friends she went with did not receive the two year rule and they were working the same jobs. 

We sent in the advisory opinion today, but I am wondering if there is any information on how long advisory opinions take or if any one has had a similar problem. Anything helps and we are very nervous because the interview can happen whenever embassies open back up.

Hello all,

I just wanted to post my timeline to give others waiting some hope. Technically all of my docs should have been received much sooner than indicated. And I had to ask for the NOS to be sent from the embassy twice. My journey to H1 is still far from over given the current situation. But, please feel free to message me if I can help answer any questions. Fingers crossed for everyone.  

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 9.55.48 AM.png

43 minutes ago, sad_postdoc said:

Hello all,

I just wanted to post my timeline to give others waiting some hope. Technically all of my docs should have been received much sooner than indicated. And I had to ask for the NOS to be sent from the embassy twice. My journey to H1 is still far from over given the current situation. But, please feel free to message me if I can help answer any questions. Fingers crossed for everyone.  

Congratulations to you! Glad you are done with this torturous process. My NOS was received on January 23 and still no update on the recommendation. I am now in 16th week of waiting! I sent an email around 10th week and they said the process takes 12-16 weeks!! I sent an email again last week - No idea what more to do - any advise would be helpful. Thanks! 

Edited by anu55

15 minutes ago, anu55 said:

Congratulations to you! Glad you are done with this torturous process. My NOS was received on January 23 and still no update on the recommendation. I am now in 16th week of waiting! I sent an email around 10th week and they said the process takes 12-16 weeks!! I sent an email again last week - No idea what more to do - any advise would be helpful. Thanks! 

I have been wondering from the beginning if there is some way to analyze all the cases posted here and figure out the expected time for FR. Because there seems to be no reason I can think of for why some get processed before others. Have you tried some of the recommended things - contact your congressman or have your employer email the waiver division? Since 16 weeks is now beyond the 'processing times' you have very valid reasons. 

5 minutes ago, sad_postdoc said:

I have been wondering from the beginning if there is some way to analyze all the cases posted here and figure out the expected time for FR. Because there seems to be no reason I can think of for why some get processed before others. Have you tried some of the recommended things - contact your congressman or have your employer email the waiver division? Since 16 weeks is now beyond the 'processing times' you have very valid reasons. 

I tried analyzing the cases and I think 12 weeks is a reasonable time for a recommendation. I live outside US at the moment so don't have the option of contacting my local congressman. But thanks for the suggestion of my employer contacting the waiver division - perhaps this will work. 

On 5/11/2020 at 1:29 AM, Dev1971 said:

Hi

i don’t whether it helped me in my case or not. After 5 weeks i have asked my home embassy that can they send another copy of NOC to DoS or not. They said they can fax a copy and they did. On the next day I saw my status updated and Fav Recommendation issued.

I don’t know whether the fax had any connection or not.
Now I am waiting for USCIS approval more than 5 weeks. It is frustrating 😔

thanks

Hi. I got my FR on 4/20 and received DOS letter in the mail but nothing from the USCIS. Not even the case accepted letter. Nothing. Is there a way to contact them? 

Thanks. 

14 hours ago, sad_postdoc said:

Hello all,

Congratulations.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I sent my waiver application 3 months ago and it finally showed up in system. However passport data page didn’t show up as others. (I sent it with the application) Is it normal? If it is missing, will they inform me? I am confused because status says only Pending, not that Missing Document or something.

9FAE3A00-721C-4C84-933F-B20A77CFD6BF.jpeg

14 hours ago, heonss said:

I sent my waiver application 3 months ago and it finally showed up in system. However passport data page didn’t show up as others. (I sent it with the application) Is it normal? If it is missing, will they inform me? I am confused because status says only Pending, not that Missing Document or something.

9FAE3A00-721C-4C84-933F-B20A77CFD6BF.jpeg

I have the same problem.

I want to share some good news, I just checked the DOS website and looks like I got a favorable recommendation. Previously my application was on “sponsor views request” stage and I noticed 2 days ago it was gone. How can I check my case with USCIS? What should I ask them in order to get the case number? Here is my timeline. 

94B54CD3-DC1C-4BC6-BE06-9133CED06A8D.jpeg

20 hours ago, brhacker said:

I want to share some good news, I just checked the DOS website and looks like I got a favorable recommendation. Previously my application was on “sponsor views request” stage and I noticed 2 days ago it was gone. How can I check my case with USCIS? What should I ask them in order to get the case number? Here is my timeline. 

94B54CD3-DC1C-4BC6-BE06-9133CED06A8D.jpeg

Congratulations! This is great news. Did you have any govt funding? Why did they ask for sponsor view? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.