JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
2 hours ago, J1toH1 said:

I got my USCIS approval notice in mail. The notice is dated April 15, although my online status still shows pending. Hope it helps! Best wishes for everyone!

Hi

Congratulation. Nice to hear that you have received the approval. I am still waiting. Is it normal that updates in website comes later than physical mail? Let us know when they update the sever information.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, vkk said:

Hi guys further updates on my case:

DOS letter receipt: April 13

USCIS case acceptance letter: April 13

USCIS approved case: April 14

USCIS letter of approval: April 20

Hope this helps for you all. Best luck.

Congratulation! Good to see that you have received the approval.

USCIS doesn't also process cases first in first out basis. They have received my case April 1 and issued a acceptance letter on April 6 but after that no updates. 

Hey guys. Finally some good news. Got my FR on exactly 12th week today. Hopefully USCIS goes faster. Here is my timeline.

No_obj_selected.gif
  Department of State Advisory Opinion Finding: Favorable Recommendation

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent April, 20 2020
Fee Received January, 28 2020
Form DS-3035 Received January, 28 2020
Form DS-2019 Received January, 28 2020
No Objection Statement Received January, 28 2020
Passport Data Page Received January, 28 2020
Statement Of Reason Received January, 28 2020

1 hour ago, waiver2020 said:

Hey guys. Finally some good news. Got my FR on exactly 12th week today. Hopefully USCIS goes faster. Here is my timeline.

No_obj_selected.gif
  Department of State Advisory Opinion Finding: Favorable Recommendation

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent April, 20 2020
Fee Received January, 28 2020
Form DS-3035 Received January, 28 2020
Form DS-2019 Received January, 28 2020
No Objection Statement Received January, 28 2020
Passport Data Page Received January, 28 2020
Statement Of Reason Received January, 28 2020

Congratulations! 

Hello everyone! This is my timeline. Congrats to all who already had recommendation. Good luck to all who is still waiting like me. I made a contact two times about my case and I got only automatic sentences as a reply. I really can not understand what is the priority? Because I am definetely sure that the requests are not taken in order of receipt! 

IMG_20200421_203509.jpg

On 3/24/2020 at 9:30 AM, RKR said:

Hi Guys, I am also seeing the notification for the FR. Docs received date Jan 22 and status showing yesterday date March 23rd- FR.

Hi all, I wanted to share you my timeline. As mentioned March 23rd-FR

March 30 - DoS Physical approval letter

April 1 - USCIS received case

April 6 - USCIS receipt notice

April 16 - USCIS approved case

April 20- got USCIS approval notice. 

On 4/17/2020 at 11:49 AM, J1waiver1 said:

Anyone whose documents received in December and still waiting? 

Can we extend J1 Visa beyond 5 years while waiting for DOS waiver approval (17 weeks passed)? 

I lost hopes and in situation like this it's hard to travel back to home country. I'm panicking because my J1 is ending in June. 

I am sorry that I am posting stupid questions. 

Hi, I completely understand your frustration and would suggest you to contact your local congressman about the situation. They usually help in immigration related issues where cases are pending beyond the normal timelines. I'll suggest you to look up their websites and locate the appropriate section where it is mentioned, or simply email their points of contact and briefly explain your issue. Also, did you email 212ewaiver@state.gov and request them about expediting your case?

Edited by tnnandi

5 hours ago, tnnandi said:

Hi, I completely understand your frustration and would suggest you to contact your local congressman about the situation. They usually help in immigration related issues where cases are pending beyond the normal timelines. I'll suggest you to look up their websites and locate the appropriate section where it is mentioned, or simply email their points of contact and briefly explain your issue. Also, did you email 212ewaiver@state.gov and request them about expediting your case?

I contacted congressman for expedite processing of application. DoS sends standard response that processing time is 12-16 weeks and can take longer in some cases. We will process it as soon as possible. 

So there wasn't much help with that option. I will email them again if that works. They didn't reply my previous email.  

19 hours ago, RKR said:

Hi all, I wanted to share you my timeline. As mentioned March 23rd-FR

March 30 - DoS Physical approval letter

April 1 - USCIS received case

April 6 - USCIS receipt notice

April 16 - USCIS approved case

April 20- got USCIS approval notice. 

Is there a way to check the USCIS status online? Can you share?

53 minutes ago, waiver2020 said:

Is there a way to check the USCIS status online? Can you share?

Hi, did you receive your case receipt notice by mail from USCIS? By using receipt number you can check your status in USCIS website. If you did not receive or do you not know the receipt number, you can call USCIS and ask your receipt number.

Timeline

Hi all

I have been waiting for USCIS approval for 20 days. I have seen people who received USCIS notice after my notice date, they even get approval. I am little bit worried. Can anyone tell me the status showing at my USCIS website is similar to all of you who get approval. It is saying ‘Processing from Another Office’. What does it mean or it is the general message?

7D299997-BCD3-42B2-AB8D-E13E387B6588.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.