JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

I have been waiting for sponsor views to be sent since May 06. I applied for the waiver though NOS and also I was Fulbright. 

I worked during OPT for a company that now wants to keep me, I tried to make the case that my current job matches my study goals, and I give back to my home country and at the same time I am helping advancing US foreign policy. I know that my case was reviewed and views were sent, however I am trying to figure it out where my process is stuck and what is causing the delay? What the steps might be at this point?

Anyone had similar experience? And I know someone mentioned in this thread that knows at least 3-4 cases where Fulbright students got the waiver, can someone point me at what page in this forum those cases are discussed?

Thanks everyone in advance!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Tulip987 said:

Update on my case! 😄 

Hopefully USCIS part also goes fast. Good luck to all of you. 

6ED4F90E-D0B6-4492-89CE-B3D573EF057B.jpeg

Congrats!!!

I was watching your case closely through your updates along with @Waiver-req due to the fact that we all got our NOS in July. So happy for you all the best.

@Waiver-req our time is coming soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Please remember to update when it does.

Congrats!! Again Tulip 987

Timeline
8 hours ago, Tulip987 said:

Update on my case! 😄 

Hopefully USCIS part also goes fast. Good luck to all of you. 

6ED4F90E-D0B6-4492-89CE-B3D573EF057B.jpeg

Congrats!!!

I was watching your case closely through your updates along with @Waiver-req due to the fact that we all got our NOS in July. So happy for you all the best.

@Waiver-req our time is coming soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Please remember to update when it does.

28 minutes ago, Sunshine33 said:

Congrats!!!

Thanks! All the best to you as well. It seems DoS is working faster lately. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Tulip987 said:

Thanks! All the best to you as well. It seems DoS is working faster lately. 

Faster is always  better. Thank you

I’m not sure who this info will help but when I applied for my adjustment of status back in 2017 I don’t even have my favorable recommendation yet when I did my interview the officer was really nice and she issue me a rfe for the waiver because she said I did apply for it before applying for the adjustment  (2 months before) . I replied to the rfe yesterday with the screenshot of the fav recommendation and today I got a email telling me that my Aos is approved and they mail my card (green card)... so for those applying for Adjustment I hope this helps 

6 hours ago, Kmarriottie said:

I’m not sure who this info will help but when I applied for my adjustment of status back in 2017 I don’t even have my favorable recommendation yet when I did my interview the officer was really nice and she issue me a rfe for the waiver because she said I did apply for it before applying for the adjustment  (2 months before) . I replied to the rfe yesterday with the screenshot of the fav recommendation and today I got a email telling me that my Aos is approved and they mail my card (green card)... so for those applying for Adjustment I hope this helps 

Oh my god! This is actually very helpful. My husband has his interview next month and we are in the process of filing our NOS waiver. I know now they process it alot faster but we were really worried because i had two different immigration lawyers and they said they can deny you, request a rfe to be submitted in 87 days or the IO won't even ask for the waiver. You had two years to submit your rfe for your waiver without getting it denied?! that's crazy. was your adjustment status from employment or marriage?

6 hours ago, rlagkssk830 said:

Oh my god! This is actually very helpful. My husband has his interview next month and we are in the process of filing our NOS waiver. I know now they process it alot faster but we were really worried because i had two different immigration lawyers and they said they can deny you, request a rfe to be submitted in 87 days or the IO won't even ask for the waiver. You had two years to submit your rfe for your waiver without getting it denied?! that's crazy. was your adjustment status from employment or marriage?

No not two year I had 90 days ...I did my interview was May 16 2019 ....and the rfe was due by August 16th and my adjustment was marriage based 

Edited by Kmarriottie

1 hour ago, eliottreid said:

Did they give you your EAD while waiting for the waiver? or the rfe was for everything?

So I had gotten my ead in April 2018 and it expired April 2019 however I had filed the ead extension for 6 months and got approval so my ead was valued for six more months after the expired date so I was allowed to work up to October of this year.... 

12 minutes ago, Kmarriottie said:

So I had gotten my ead in April 2018 and it expired April 2019 however I had filed the ead extension for 6 months and got approval so my ead was valued for six more months after the expired date so I was allowed to work up to October of this year.... 

Wait I’m confused. When you apply for AOS, you have to check wether you got favorable recommendation or not. They still gave you your EAD without it? Could you actually write down your timeline please? Because I’m panicking right now on wether I would get my EAD on time. 

3 minutes ago, eliottreid said:

Wait I’m confused. When you apply for AOS, you have to check wether you got favorable recommendation or not. They still gave you your EAD without it? Could you actually write down your timeline please? Because I’m panicking right now on wether I would get my EAD on time. 

Ok so I did not fill out the paperwork but I’m pretty sure the person ticked that that I did not have the fav recommendation  

October 2017- filed for waiver 

dec 7 2017 - AOS, petition for alien relative and EAD  application received 

january 3rd 2018 -biometrics completed 

april 4th 2018- EAd card received in hand 

May 16 2019 - interview done i130 approved on spot but got a rfe for the j1 waiver 

june 4th 2019- no objection letter sent to Dos from my embassy 

August 15th 2019 - sent in screen shot of favorable recommendation as rfe as i still do not have the completed waiver 

August 17th 2019- AOS status changed to my new card is being produced 

1 minute ago, Kmarriottie said:

Ok so I did not fill out the paperwork but I’m pretty sure the person ticked that that I did not have the fav recommendation  

October 2017- filed for waiver 

dec 7 2017 - AOS, petition for alien relative and EAD  application received 

january 3rd 2018 -biometrics completed 

april 4th 2018- EAd card received in hand 

May 16 2019 - interview done i130 approved on spot but got a rfe for the j1 waiver 

june 4th 2019- no objection letter sent to Dos from my embassy 

August 15th 2019 - sent in screen shot of favorable recommendation as rfe as i still do not have the completed waiver 

August 17th 2019- AOS status changed to my new card is being produced 

I love you. I didn’t know this was possible at all. Thankssss

one more question, was your waiver a straightforward case or did you have government funding?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.