JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Waiver approved! Hope my timeline can help you.

2113729801_ScreenShot2019-07-18at4_17_20PM.png.8e0d8bae7fd0851838bfe934700262ac.png 

USCIS has 2 websites where you can check updates of your case and they both have different information. These are -> my.uscis.gov and egov.uscis.gov

Good luck!

Edited by the_peruvian

17 minutes ago, the_peruvian said:

2113729801_ScreenShot2019-07-18at4_17_20PM.png.8e0d8bae7fd0851838bfe934700262ac.png 

USCIS has 2 websites where you can check updates of your case and they both have different information. These are -> my.uscis.gov and egov.uscis.gov

Good luck!

That's amazing, congrats!

May I ask how did you get the Expedited Processing with USCIS?

36 minutes ago, the_peruvian said:

Good luck!

How did you ask the DOS to expedite? 

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
6 minutes ago, waiver_req said:

Can you give more information on what kind of reason can be considered for expedition? is there a website or a document detailing this process?

Honestly, I don't know what reasons are considered for expedite processing or if there is a website explaining this. I only explain my case and the reason why I need it asap. Sorry if its not too helpful. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 7/13/2019 at 5:22 AM, J1_NOL_2019 said:

Are there any other people whose case got accepted by the lockbox in early May still waiting for the final approval? 

I got the I797C in mid-May stating they accepted my case (NOL based) and nothing since then... 

We got a favorable recommendation for hardship waiver on June 24th from DOS, but still nothing from USCIS. Moreover there has been no updates on USCIS site ever since we submitted the case. When I called USCIS I got a very unhelpful lady who only stated that all she can see that wavier was received 580 days ago and there is nothing from DOS that she can see and that the case is within normal processing time (24 months!) and I can't make any requests yet. I tried to tell her that our case has had multiple updates not reflected on their web system and that DOS has already issued favorable recommendation and that all that we are waiting for is a final notice from the USCIS, but she totally did not care. I don't know what to do. I need that final notice from USCIS

NOA1 for I130 - Dec 10th, 2018

Filed for K3 July 8, 2019.

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 still pending review

Expedited I129F September 28, 2019.

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tissa said:

We got a favorable recommendation for hardship waiver on June 24th from DOS, but still nothing from USCIS. Moreover there has been no updates on USCIS site ever since we submitted the case. When I called USCIS I got a very unhelpful lady who only stated that all she can see that wavier was received 580 days ago and there is nothing from DOS that she can see and that the case is within normal processing time (24 months!) and I can't make any requests yet. I tried to tell her that our case has had multiple updates not reflected on their web system and that DOS has already issued favorable recommendation and that all that we are waiting for is a final notice from the USCIS, but she totally did not care. I don't know what to do. I need that final notice from USCIS

580 days ago???

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sunshine33 said:

580 days ago???

yup. Our case took forever from the moment we filed until we got a favorable recommendation finally this past June. It has been a very painful and long process (hardship waiver in our case)

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tissa said:

yup. Our case took forever from the moment we filed until we got a favorable recommendation finally this past June. It has been a very painful and long process (hardship waiver in our case)

Wow!! So sorry to hear that hope your waiver gets granted soon. My case is based on No Objection. Waiting for a favourable recommendation dont even have a timeline in mind, just keeping my fingers crossed.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Sunshine33 said:

Wow!! So sorry to hear that hope your waiver gets granted soon. My case is based on No Objection. Waiting for a favourable recommendation dont even have a timeline in mind, just keeping my fingers crossed.

Hardship waiver is a bit different from no objection because it first goes to USCIS for approval and after that goes to DOS and then back to USCIS for final reccomendation (which they already granted or didnt grant in the beginning so the final stage is really getting the official waiver confirmation). So we basically got a waiver already but haven't received the USCIS confirmation in the mail yet and I sooooo hope we will soon have a hard copy proof of the waiver.

Good luck to you! Processing time for waivers is up to 24 months now which is insane...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.