JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, laianjeiraab said:

Good afternoon all, 

I would like to know how long it takes to get the approval. Since, my starting date is on August 1st. 

In addition, could you please tell me if these are all the documents that they need?

Thank you!!!

Angelo 

Waiver.jpg

They say 6-8 weeks and you're right on 6. Should be very soon, hopefully. 
And yes, you do have all the documents (as long as you're a straight case with no gov funding that you have to explain.)

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi,

did anyone did I-612 hardship waiver by self any idea what documents I need I did one time with my attorney it denied I wanna do it by my own just worried is any one did it before? Please need a little help

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 6/11/2019 at 11:33 PM, AB2019 said:

Update, Recommendation sent May 29, USCIS received June 4th, I797C NOA  date June 5th. Received in Mail June 10th. 

Good day, after you get a favorable response, which website do you check for updates? Please tell me the website.

Edited by Sunshine33

On 7/5/2019 at 2:01 PM, laianjeiraab said:

Good afternoon all, 

I would like to know how long it takes to get the approval. Since, my starting date is on August 1st. 

In addition, could you please tell me if these are all the documents that they need?

Thank you!!!

Angelo 

Waiver.jpg

Hi @laianjeiraab

My No Objection Statement was received a day after yours (See attached timeline). Have you received anything yet?

I have a job waiting for me, but they will only wait until September. This whole thing is driving me crazy!

0E2FA0DF-7E8B-4124-8E56-FBFAAB7A0D44.jpeg

12 hours ago, Jpgs said:

Hi @laianjeiraab

My No Objection Statement was received a day after yours (See attached timeline). Have you received anything yet?

I have a job waiting for me, but they will only wait until September. This whole thing is driving me crazy!

Hi!!!

I just checked my status and nothing changed. I am also getting crazy with this!!!!!! If, I have any update I will let you know, and if you receive something please let me know.

I hope we can get this approved as soon as possible!!!

Fingers crossed!!!!

10 minutes ago, laianjeiraab said:

Hi!!!

I just checked my status and nothing changed. I am also getting crazy with this!!!!!! If, I have any update I will let you know, and if you receive something please let me know.

I hope we can get this approved as soon as possible!!!

Fingers crossed!!!!

If I get anything I’ll let you know!!

Fingers crossed!!

13 hours ago, Jpgs said:

Hi @laianjeiraab

hey guys, my timeline has been the same. They got my NOS on 22 May and I've been waiting since... keep me in the loop with yalls updates!! I'll do the same :) (were you guys sponsored by any gvt, state etc or straightforward case? Mine is the skills list)

38 minutes ago, Lucky_Clove said:

hey guys, my timeline has been the same. They got my NOS on 22 May and I've been waiting since... keep me in the loop with yalls updates!! I'll do the same :) (were you guys sponsored by any gvt, state etc or straightforward case? Mine is the skills list)

We’ll keep you posted! 

I was sponsored by my home government (No US sponsor) so I don't know if that counts as gvt sponsor.

How do you know you have the skill list?

44 minutes ago, eliottreid said:

Update! now just have to wait, hopefully they won't take long.

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 7.16.15 AM.png

Hi @eliottreid I hope you'll get the answer from your sponsor soon. I have been waiting for a whole month and still no update. I don't know who they tried to contact and if they ever replied to their request. 

Are you US government sponsored too (Fulbright or other)? 

1 hour ago, tendrementchoco said:

Hi @eliottreid I hope you'll get the answer from your sponsor soon. I have been waiting for a whole month and still no update. I don't know who they tried to contact and if they ever replied to their request. 

Are you US government sponsored too (Fulbright or other)? 

Yes. Not Fulbright though. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.