JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Yes, there is a criteria for expedited request but requires you to submit strong evidence. Other way is congressman involvement in your case as last option but no guarantee since they can help in finding case and update you with the status (although people mentioned it was very helpful for them). These are the only two options that can be used to expedite if your situation is really tight and have enough documentation to prove.

The best way if you are eligible and can follow is submit H1b premium petition with DOS letter to bypass all this USCIS pain.

Hey JWaiver_2019, Thank you for your reply. The school who will offer me H1b said they need to get the final j1 waiver approval from USCIS then to submit the H1b application. I tried expedited request, but it doesn't work. I have no idea now. It seems the only way to do is waiting.

2 hours ago, rachelrae said:

You are right. Is there any way to speed up?

What is your context, can you please share like US government funding or fulbright or second waiver or similar complex situations that results in delayed decisions mostly? Straight forward cases receive decision very fast as per recent experience sharing in this forum.

On 5/4/2019 at 11:31 PM, Kr1234 said:

Got an update on my case Micht but without the recommendation letter sent information so little worried, hope it will get updated this week. Two days back I sent an email to DOS regarding my case update, they did not reply but two days later they sent favorable recommendation , also in your email clearly mention your full name, case number, DOB,POB and also your passport information. Hope you too get recommendation soon.

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 10.17.57 PM.png

Just got an update, they sent my favorable recommendation yesterday! :)

8 hours ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

What is your context, can you please share like US government funding or fulbright or second waiver or similar complex situations that results in delayed decisions mostly? Straight forward cases receive decision very fast as per recent experience sharing in this forum.

Morning, I am not using US. government funding, or fulbright, or second waiver. The salary is from our university. My wife who is J2 visa needs to be waivered together with me. I think it is a straight forward case.

I have been waiting for the USCIS (Vermont Center) final decision on my J-1 waiver (no-objection statement) since November 17th, 2018. I have just received the approval document in the mail (May 15, 2019) just to see that they made a mistake and sent me what I believe to be someone else's ( A Cardiologist going to TX) with my name and case number on it. The excitement to have received is blinding (Hahaha) but beware and read your documents throughly!

1 hour ago, cmsk said:

Hey guys - today I received the acknowledgement that my documents were received (yay!)

It doesn't show the Non Objection Letter yet, but I know my embassy has already sent it (last week). Who should I contact to make sure they update it? Is it that j1 waiver email or is there a telephone number?

I wouldn't. If you notice the timelines for others, it takes 2-4 weeks to update. 

3 hours ago, eliottreid said:

Guys, please help me.

Am I supposed to write the case number and my region of last residency in ALL the pages of everything including DS 3035 and everything on the pdf that I printed??

Thanks,

Nevermind, I put it on every page I submitted.

13 hours ago, eliottreid said:

Guys, please help me.

Am I supposed to write the case number and my region of last residency in ALL the pages of everything including DS 3035 and everything on the pdf that I printed??

Thanks,

Yes, this is correct. All pages. Also, on envelope.

12 hours ago, cmsk said:

Hey guys - today I received the acknowledgement that my documents were received (yay!)

It doesn't show the Non Objection Letter yet, but I know my embassy has already sent it (last week). Who should I contact to make sure they update it? Is it that j1 waiver email or is there a telephone number?

You can write email to 212ewaiver@state.gov if status is not update after 30 days. Before this, it is of no use.

15 hours ago, Rafa2018 said:

I have been waiting for the USCIS (Vermont Center) final decision on my J-1 waiver (no-objection statement) since November 17th, 2018. I have just received the approval document in the mail (May 15, 2019) just to see that they made a mistake and sent me what I believe to be someone else's ( A Cardiologist going to TX) with my name and case number on it. The excitement to have received is blinding (Hahaha) but beware and read your documents throughly!

Why don't you write to congressman for help. It looks there is some kind of mixing with your case and it should be corrected. 6 month is really long for No Objection cases unless your situation is complex for some reasons. Mentioned J1 waiver processing time on USCIS webiste are only for I-612 submitted directly to USCIS not the petitions (FR) submitted by DOS. You must check and request for investigation on your issue by calling USCIS.

15 hours ago, rachelrae said:

Morning, I am not using US. government funding, or fulbright, or second waiver. The salary is from our university. My wife who is J2 visa needs to be waivered together with me. I think it is a straight forward case.

So there is no logic that could make sense, I don't know if USCIS put all lockbox processed FRs in a box for a lucky draw once or twice a month and send decisions! :)

17 hours ago, Micht said:

Just got an update, they sent my favorable recommendation yesterday! :)

Congrats! :)

37 minutes ago, JWaiver_2019 said:

Yes, this is correct. All pages. Also, on envelope.

Hey guys. Can anyone please detail all intrinsic information about submitting a waiver. I mean any extra information that could help that is not necessarily written on the DoS website. I never knew you need to write case number and country of last residence. 

I am submitting in August when my family is in the US and I need little details that might be very important. Thanks 

16 minutes ago, Abayomi said:

Hey guys. Can anyone please detail all intrinsic information about submitting a waiver. I mean any extra information that could help that is not necessarily written on the DoS website. I never knew you need to write case number and country of last residence. 

I am submitting in August when my family is in the US and I need little details that might be very important. Thanks 

You can gather all information from this forum (2018 and 2019 timelines). This will be very helpful, take some time review all posts and make your notes. 

Second, when you will submit application online on DOS website, you will receive instructions with your downloaded packet and this information is mentioned there.

Also, read instructions and follow steps mentioned on this DOS official website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/study/exchange/waiver-of-the-exchange-visitor/how-to-apply-waiver.html

I hope this helps.

Most of us have used this approach and got FR successfully without involvement of attorney. Need to do good preparation for favorable outcome. Choice is yours!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.