JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2020 at 1:30 AM, MZQ said:

Nope, just asked a couple of times through email. Response to the first was the standard response that it takes 12-16 weeks yada yada. In my second email, I stressed that my employer is waiting for the waiver to complete my h1b change of status and is tgere a possibility of expediting the processing as I am working on a covid-19 research project. I got the the FR sent response to that email. 
HTH

🏻 

I am in a very similar situation and I also emailed then explaining that the waiver is part of the RFE from my H-1B application but since my case doesn't fall in any of the exceptions for expediting process they sent me a generic email saying that I have to wait. I have only until Jan 7 to send the RFE, I think I am out of luck!!!!

On 11/10/2020 at 5:26 AM, melmasry said:

I got the my petition approved for H1b while I am outside the US, my waiver request is still on progress.

it is written in H1B petition that it is valid until 2023

I can not go to the US embassy to get the stamp for H1B until I receive the waiver

Did someone faced a similar situation

Hi I have a question for you. The USCIS approved your H-1B application even without the waiver? In my H-1B application (change of status) they sent a RFE asking for proof that I have met the two years requirements or the waiver. I am still in the US since I have until Jan 7 to reply to the RFE. In this case do you think they can approve the H-1B petition and deny the change of status until I get the waiver? I am a little lost.

Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

I have applied for J1-waiver in first week of September,2020. Documents were received by DoS on October 15, 2020 . 

It's been almost 12 weeks 

My J1 will be expiring on January 17 plus 30 days grace period , 2020 and I am getting worried. Any ideas about how to get FR.

DB89CCC9-3E50-46CD-A8FD-7D2725E4AC90.jpeg

10 hours ago, Buse said:

Hi Everyone, 

I have applied for J1-waiver in first week of September,2020. Documents were received by DoS on October 15, 2020 . 

It's been almost 12 weeks 

My J1 will be expiring on January 17 plus 30 days grace period , 2020 and I am getting worried. Any ideas about how to get FR.

DB89CCC9-3E50-46CD-A8FD-7D2725E4AC90.jpeg

I would recommend patience. My timeline looks almost exactly like yours, except it's August 11th for all & 16th for NOS. It's now been over 4 months since NOS was received, and case still pending. 

You can try reaching out to your local elected officials, however, not sure how much help it is. I got a call back from my congressman recommending that I contact the Senator instead. 

Finally received a FR, exactly six months after DOS received the applications, and four months after they received the NOS. 

Here's my timeline:

1. Docs received by DoS in St. Louis: 06.19.20

2. Check cashed by DoS: 06.23.20

3. NOL from Embassy sent: 07.21.20

4. Docs shown as received by DoS: 08.11.20

5. NOL shown as received by DoS: 08.16.20

6. FR issued 12.17.20 (posted on DOS website 12.18.20)

Favorible Recommendation - 12.18.20.jpg

Edited by Prickles

8 hours ago, MZQ said:

Any tips on how to get to a representative? All my efforts have been in vain so far. Can only go to the IVR.

I got this tips from another person in this forum:

"To get past the automated system, always say have never received a receipt number and

then it will transfer you to tier 1 officer. Usually those don't help much so ask to be transferred

to a tier 2 officer. You will get a call from a tier 2 officer within 7 days"

I didn't try this, as I already got my receipt number before the tip above was posted. I hope it helps

Here is my case as well. No updates since October... Lets keep waiting

No Objection Statement Received October, 14 2020
Passport Data Page Received September, 23 2020
Fee Received September, 22 2020
Form DS-3035 Received September, 22 2020
Form DS-2019 Received September, 22 2020
Statement Of Reason Received September, 22 2020
Edited by YOUNGLUNYA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Finally I got my FR on December 28th. This is my timeline: 

Documents received by DOS September 16th

NOS received on September 21st. 
Documents showed as received in website on November 5th and 12th.
I’m so happy, it took me only 14 weeks since it was received in St. Louis. 

1B4CDBBE-ED79-4FE0-A3A8-9C3C8F8E5045.jpeg

Is it allowed by USCIS to change status from F-1 OPT to H1B if you have previously visited US on a J-1 visa with two year home residency requirement not completed or waived? From my understanding the change of status is only rejected for changing status from J-1 to H1B. If you left US after J-1 and then returned with an F-1, you can change status from F-1 to H1B. However, you can not adjust status from H1B to green card in this particular case without receiving a waiver or completing two year stay in your home country. 

On 12/29/2020 at 12:41 PM, hlUSAj1 said:

Finally I got my FR on December 28th. This is my timeline: 

Documents received by DOS September 16th

NOS received on September 21st. 
Documents showed as received in website on November 5th and 12th.
I’m so happy, it took me only 14 weeks since it was received in St. Louis. 

1B4CDBBE-ED79-4FE0-A3A8-9C3C8F8E5045.jpeg

Congrats. Did you receive any government funding?

On 12/18/2020 at 2:27 PM, Prickles said:

Finally received a FR, exactly six months after DOS received the applications, and four months after they received the NOS. 

Here's my timeline:

1. Docs received by DoS in St. Louis: 06.19.20

2. Check cashed by DoS: 06.23.20

3. NOL from Embassy sent: 07.21.20

4. Docs shown as received by DoS: 08.11.20

5. NOL shown as received by DoS: 08.16.20

6. FR issued 12.17.20 (posted on DOS website 12.18.20)

Favorible Recommendation - 12.18.20.jpg

Congrats. Did you receive any government funding?

Edited by talboth

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.