JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, J1student said:

So it took 12 days from receiving NOS to issuing FR, that's surprisingly fast! I haven't heard of any other application go that fast...

Yes indeed! but they sometimes  update late. Btw received the i797c -notice of action today. Still no hard copy from DOS, but I guess its not important anymore...

9 hours ago, J1student said:

So it took 12 days from receiving NOS to issuing FR, that's surprisingly fast! I haven't heard of any other application go that fast...

Well, the dates they state as "received" are so arbitrary (so many cases when documents arrived in the same envelope but still logged weeks apart), I wouldn't even be surprised if they would approve a case with some documents still not even showing online.

Finally got the Favorable Recommendation from the state department!

Here is my timeline:

• March 18: application sent to department of state (except NOS)
  • May 4: application showed up on DOS website (except NOS and passport data page)
  • May 16: Embassy sent NOS
  • June 28: NOS showed up on DOS website
  • August 18: Passport data page showed up on DOS website
  • August 26: Favorable Recommendation.

It has been a long ride, now waiting for the final approval from USCIS.

Good luck to all of you!

State Department FR.png

I am done! Can't believe it finally happened, and just in time. Here is my final timeline, hopefully it will be usefull for some of you:

Application package sent to St. Louis - March 2nd, 2020

Check cashed - March 9th

Embassy sent NOS - March 15th

Application package received in online system - April 30th

Embassy sent NOS again - May 15th

NOS received in online system - June 10th

Recommendation sent by DOS- August 10th

Case recieved by USCIS - August 19th

I recieved USCIC notive of action in the mail - August 25th (case status online "Case was recieved by another USCIS office")

Case approved - August 26th

+ Probably another 7-10 days or so to recieve the final approval letter in the mail.

Good luck to everyone here!!!

Edited by no12name

47 minutes ago, no12name said:

I am done! Can't believe it finally happened, and just in time. Here is my final timeline, hopefully it will be usefull for some of you:

Congratulations no12name. It seems it takes 8 weeks from receipt of NOS to FR. Then 2 weeks to USCIS approval. I hope this is the case for the rest of us too.

38 minutes ago, habibti said:

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if anyone is having similar issues. I mailed my documents in Feb 2020. It tracker updated in March 2020. Embassy has sent NOS since March, but it still doesn't show up on the system. It has been 5 months since the last update. I am nervous

155358302_ScreenShot2020-08-28at9_40_00AM.thumb.png.6d5e21517792186f047032b178999e85.png

Why does it say DOS Case File Number sent?

16 minutes ago, MZQ said:

Why does it say DOS Case File Number sent?

I had applied for an advisory opinion the year before. So when I applied for the waiver, they created a new case number, but then they decided to merge it with the case numbers (i.e maintain the case number used for the advisory opinion). "DOS Case file number" sent refers to the letter they sent to me to indicate that this change. 

11 minutes ago, habibti said:

I had applied for an advisory opinion the year before. So when I applied for the waiver, they created a new case number, but then they decided to merge it with the case numbers (i.e maintain the case number used for the advisory opinion). "DOS Case file number" sent refers to the letter they sent to me to indicate that this change. 

Gotcha!

3 hours ago, habibti said:

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if anyone is having similar issues. I mailed my documents in Feb 2020. It tracker updated in March 2020. Embassy has sent NOS since March, but it still doesn't show up on the system. It has been 5 months since the last update. I am nervous

155358302_ScreenShot2020-08-28at9_40_00AM.thumb.png.6d5e21517792186f047032b178999e85.png

I would reach out to your embassy and ask them to send the NOS again. At the same time email them with a copy of the NOS (if you have it). This is what worked for me. 5 months is too long...

Just now, no12name said:

I would reach out to your embassy and ask them to send the NOS again. At the same time email them with a copy of the NOS (if you have it). This is what worked for me. 5 months is too long...

*email them = email DOS

1 hour ago, no12name said:

*email them = email DOS

Kindly share more about how you approached your case. The embassy already sent another NOS again. I also e-mailed the 212ewaiver@state.gov with my copy of the NOS. They acknowledged receipt but its been a month since that conversation still no update on my tracker/portal

33 minutes ago, habibti said:

Kindly share more about how you approached your case. The embassy already sent another NOS again. I also e-mailed the 212ewaiver@state.gov with my copy of the NOS. They acknowledged receipt but its been a month since that conversation still no update on my tracker/portal

It also took a while (around 4 weeks I think) for me before they finally uploaded after the embassy sent if for the 2nd time, but make sure to email them regularly to check in. I am keeping my findgers crossed.

Hello

The USCIS is still processing I612 my petition, however, I noticed that my case on the DOS website was last updated on August 28 2020

If I am not mistaken, I think that the case status was updated daily even if there is no actual change/movement in the case itself

For example, I believe that upon checking the status of my case, let's say today, then I should find that my case status was last updated on Sept 2 2020 which is not happening with my case

So is any of you experiencing the same thing? Or is there anything to worry about?  

Edited by Waiver 2019/2020

54 minutes ago, Waiver 2019/2020 said:

Hello

The USCIS is still processing I612 my petition, however, I noticed that my case on the DOS website was last updated on August 28 2020

If I am not mistaken, I think that the case status was updated daily even if there is no actual change/movement in the case itself

For example, I believe that upon checking the status of my case, let's say today, then I should find that my case status was last updated on Sept 2 2020 which is not happening with my case

So is any of you experiencing the same thing? Or is there anything to worry about?  

DOS.thumb.jpg.c2704ae0ca6812637de068d44feaa7e6.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.