JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

My documents finally appeared on the system.

This is my timeline:

Application package received by DOS (Fedex Tracking) - June 17th, 2020.

Check cashed - June 22nd.

Embassy sent NOS - June 23rd.

NOS received in online system - August 10th.

Application package received in online system - August 11th.

I hope I can get my recommendation soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I wonder, for some of you guys who have recently been approved FR, how long it took to get the documented approval from USCIS. My recommendation has been send on July 21st and I have not received any mail from either Department of State or USCIS.

2 minutes ago, heonss said:

I wonder, for some of you guys who have recently been approved FR, how long it took to get the documented approval from USCIS. My recommendation has been send on July 21st and I have not received any mail from either Department of State or USCIS.

Hi, I am in the same situation. I received my FR on July 28 and I did not get any mail from either DOS or USCIS. I will be also grateful for some feedback from people who are further in the process. Thank you.

22 hours ago, Veronikac said:

Hi, I am in the same situation. I received my FR on July 28 and I did not get any mail from either DOS or USCIS. I will be also grateful for some feedback from people who are further in the process. Thank you.

I know someone who got FR in mid-July, and USCIS letter some time in the first week of August (so around 3 weeks).

Hope this timeline is true for all of us, too!

Hello everyone,

Has anyone filed for hardship to USC based waiver? I filed it to both USCIS and DOS in December 2019, received an RFE from USCIS March 2020 responded May 2020 and have not heard anything else. I sent address change to both USCIS and DOS, there is no update since then. I am new to this site and open for your suggestions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 8/12/2020 at 11:53 AM, clevercard said:

My documents finally appeared on the system.

This is my timeline:

Application package received by DOS (Fedex Tracking) - June 17th, 2020.

Check cashed - June 22nd.

Embassy sent NOS - June 23rd.

NOS received in online system - August 10th.

Application package received in online system - August 11th.

I hope I can get my recommendation soon!

I hope my case also appears on the system very soon! We do have a similar timeline. In fact, I sent my package a little sooner than you, and I saw other users who also got their case updated on the online system in the past few days. I don't know whether to be excited that it could happen soon, or worried that it hasn't!

Application package delivered - May 21

Fee cashed - May 29

Embassy NOS delivered - June 19

2 hours ago, no12name said:

I know someone who got FR in mid-July, and USCIS letter some time in the first week of August (so around 3 weeks).

Hope this timeline is true for all of us, too!

Great, thank you for the information!

Timeline
On 8/7/2020 at 3:17 PM, J1toH1 said:

Hello, I finally got to see my case online today. It says that it received DS 2019, DS-3035, Fee and Statement of reason received as of August 2. However, passport data page and no objection statement is still not showing. Did you see something on your end?

Thanks for the update! Still nothing on the online system for me. I'm staying hopeful, since a few other people with similar submission dates have posted recently that their cases showed up online.

Timeline
On 7/30/2020 at 7:58 PM, clevercard said:

Yeah, if nothing shows up in 2 week, I'll contact the congressman office from my region. I hope they can help me.

Did you end up contacting the congressman office? If so, do you think that helped in getting your case updated online?

18 minutes ago, schultoy said:

Did you end up contacting the congressman office? If so, do you think that helped in getting your case updated online?

Not at all! 

It looks like they checked my NOS first, which was delivered on June 23rd.

As they checked my NOS, I think they went through my other documents and uploaded everything.

On 8/12/2020 at 11:57 AM, heonss said:

Hi, I finally received USCIS recipient notice in the mail after I got my FR from DOS on July 28. When I checked the Recipient number on the website, I found out that my waiver was already approved by USCIS. Received date was 08/06/2020 and the approval date was 08/07/2020. I still did not received the DOS approval letter in the mail. Good luck to you and to everybody here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
21 hours ago, Veronikac said:

Hi, I finally received USCIS recipient notice in the mail after I got my FR from DOS on July 28. When I checked the Recipient number on the website, I found out that my waiver was already approved by USCIS. Received date was 08/06/2020 and the approval date was 08/07/2020. I still did not received the DOS approval letter in the mail. Good luck to you and to everybody here!

Did you received it to your home country address or US one?

4 hours ago, heonss said:

Did you received it to your home country address or US one?

I received it to my US address.

On 8/13/2020 at 8:06 AM, J1Issues said:

Hello everyone,

Has anyone filed for hardship to USC based waiver? I filed it to both USCIS and DOS in December 2019, received an RFE from USCIS March 2020 responded May 2020 and have not heard anything else. I sent address change to both USCIS and DOS, there is no update since then. I am new to this site and open for your suggestions.

Hello J1Issues,

We have similar timeline. I filed for J hardship based waiver late August 2019, got RFE on March and responded May 2020 and still no movement

Did you try raising a service request (SR)? if yes, what was the USCIS response to the SR?

Edited by Waiver 2019/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.