JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, J1toH1 said:

Nope, no update. When did you send yours? Do you see any update?

Nothing here as well. The USPS tracking shows that the package was delivered to the St Louis PO Box on July 2. I guess I neec to wait till the first week of August for something to show up. Can’t do much as my Embassy is also still processing my NOC application.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/17/2020 at 8:02 AM, heonss said:

No objection letter finally showed up.

Timeline:

NOL sent on April 30th, 2020

The other documents sent on Feb 18th, 2020

There is still a long way to go to get FR, but I’m happy I can finally check all the documents received.

260504A4-F5AF-45EE-8DDB-2465350ACCEB.jpeg

My timeline is exactly same we are 2 days different in our NOS receipt, mine got received on the 10th. was nervous about the passport page display, but none have that document update who have their time line starting in march. Hope we get to hear about FR soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 7/20/2020 at 2:58 AM, Shib said:

My timeline is exactly same we are 2 days different in our NOS receipt, mine got received on the 10th. was nervous about the passport page display, but none have that document update who have their time line starting in march. Hope we get to hear about FR soon.

I just got my FR! Hope yours has been received too or will be soon!

503B6BD4-1F08-47D9-990A-3740CE25FF11.png

On 7/1/2020 at 3:43 AM, Waiver_21 said:

I also want to share my timeline. My case included government funding from my home country and I have sent the waiver documents to the DOS in the middle of January. The NOS was sent from the German embassy to the DOS
at the end of January, so it took about six weeks to be updated on the system.

Unbenannt.png

Have you receive the letters from DoS or USCIS yet? It has been 3 weeks and I’m still waiting.

On 7/18/2020 at 3:58 PM, MZQ said:

Nothing here as well. The USPS tracking shows that the package was delivered to the St Louis PO Box on July 2. I guess I neec to wait till the first week of August for something to show up. Can’t do much as my Embassy is also still processing my NOC application.

Hello,

DOS received my documents on June 17th and I still don't see anything on the website. I've sent them an email and they answered telling me to wait at least 8 weeks to see something there.

So I think you should expect to something to show up on the first week of September.

My NOC was sent to DOS on the same week of June I've sent my documents.

I hope I'll have my waiver before my visa expires on November.

Does anybody else sent the documents on June?

I send my documents to DoS and it was received (from USPS tracking information) on 27th June 2020. There is no update on the website so I inquire today. I got following auto response. I am just posting it here for others reference. 

Q:  I received a delivery confirmation for my application, but it does not appear in your online system.  Did you receive it? 

A:  Applications are mailed to a lockbox in St. Louis, Missouri; this is what your delivery confirmation reflects.  Due to delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, it can take up to eight weeks from the time it arrives in St. Louis until it reaches our offices in Washington, DC.  Your application will only appear on j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov once it reaches Washington, DC.  Please allow eight weeks for your case to appear online; we appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
On 7/27/2020 at 8:23 AM, J1toH1 said:

Hello, when did you actually send your documents and when did you first see your case online? Congrats for the favorable recommendation! Thanks!

I sent my documents sometime in late Feb, then the status showed up in mid May as indicated in the website. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 7/9/2020 at 3:35 PM, J1toH1 said:

Hello,

Is there anyone here who sent all the documents at the end of May including the embassy No objection letter? If yes, can you see information on your case online? I still see no information updated for my case number when I track online.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm in a similar situation!

May 19: package mailed (forms + fee)

May 21: package delivered to WRD in Saint Louis

May 29: filing fee was cashed (according to Western Union money order tracking)

Jun 17: NOS embassy letter mailed

Jun 19: NOS embassy letter delivered to Dos in DC

Online tracking system still shows "no information regarding the status of your case"

Also, my partner and I submitted an inquiry through our local congressman office and they got a short response from 212e division on July 2nd saying they have "no record of receiving my application" — Since then, the contact person at the congressman office sent another follow up, in vain. Last week, they followed up again saying they reached out to their liaison in Washington to see what's up. Waiting to see what happens next. I'm in a tough spot because my OPT just expired so I'm on my grace period, and have to wait for a Favorable Recommendation to apply for spouse-based Adjustment of Status. 

It's been 2 months since the fee was cashed, so I'm really hoping at least the online system will be updated soon and show receipt of everything, then I just have to wait and hope it's approved before September to give us some time to file for AoS.

I'll keep you posted! Please do the same.

Thanks and good luck!

On 7/27/2020 at 10:05 AM, clevercard said:

Hello,

DOS received my documents on June 17th and I still don't see anything on the website. I've sent them an email and they answered telling me to wait at least 8 weeks to see something there.

So I think you should expect to something to show up on the first week of September.

My NOC was sent to DOS on the same week of June I've sent my documents.

I hope I'll have my waiver before my visa expires on November.

Does anybody else sent the documents on June?

Well, it sucks, then! My visa expires in March so still not super scary but I hope you receive your waiver before November. Good luck. Keep us posted if you get an update.

On 7/28/2020 at 2:28 PM, schultoy said:

Hi, I'm in a similar situation!

May 19: package mailed (forms + fee)

May 21: package delivered to WRD in Saint Louis

May 29: filing fee was cashed (according to Western Union money order tracking)

Jun 17: NOS embassy letter mailed

Jun 19: NOS embassy letter delivered to Dos in DC

Online tracking system still shows "no information regarding the status of your case"

Also, my partner and I submitted an inquiry through our local congressman office and they got a short response from 212e division on July 2nd saying they have "no record of receiving my application" — Since then, the contact person at the congressman office sent another follow up, in vain. Last week, they followed up again saying they reached out to their liaison in Washington to see what's up. Waiting to see what happens next. I'm in a tough spot because my OPT just expired so I'm on my grace period, and have to wait for a Favorable Recommendation to apply for spouse-based Adjustment of Status. 

It's been 2 months since the fee was cashed, so I'm really hoping at least the online system will be updated soon and show receipt of everything, then I just have to wait and hope it's approved before September to give us some time to file for AoS.

I'll keep you posted! Please do the same.

Thanks and good luck!

Sure. We are in exactly same situation according to the timeline. So, let us keep each other posted and hope we get to see our status online soon!

Thanks!

I would like to share my DOS timeline. I was funded by the US government, specifically by the NIH.

Documents sent to DOS: 02/03/2020

Documents received by DOS based on tracking: 02/04/2020

NOS sent to DOS: 02/05/2020

NOS received by DOS based on tracking: 02/06/2020

NIH received request for sponsor views: 06/18/2020

NIH sent favorable sponsor views to DOS: 07/02/2020

image.thumb.png.ccefcb5635f24a5a60be92e2871cb3b8.png

I will post updates once the waiver will be processed by USCIS.

Edited by Veronikac

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.