JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Dev1971 said:

Hi all

I have been waiting for USCIS approval for 20 days. I have seen people who received USCIS notice after my notice date, they even get approval. I am little bit worried. Can anyone tell me the status showing at my USCIS website is similar to all of you who get approval. It is saying ‘Processing from Another Office’. What does it mean or it is the general message?

7D299997-BCD3-42B2-AB8D-E13E387B6588.jpeg

My status is exactly the same. It has still not been updated although I received the approval letter. Check your mailbox everyday, you should receive it very soon.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/10/2020 at 4:55 AM, JMGN said:

hello everyone, 

I just want to share my good news that I have received my FR after the exact 12 weeks of waiting. Here is my timeline:

Department of State Advisory Opinion Finding: Favorable Recommendation

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent April, 09 2020
No Objection Statement Received January, 16 2020
Fee Received September, 25 2019
Form DS-3035 Received September, 25 2019
Form DS-2019 Received September, 25 2019
Passport Data Page Received September, 25 2019
Statement Of Reason Received September, 25 2019
Other Received September, 25 2019

Hello everyone!

Here is my updated timeline: 
FR sent to USCIS- April 9, 2020

Case Received- April 15, 2020

Receipt Notice- April 20, 2020

Case Approved-April 21, 2020

I’m waiting on the approval letter and I did not received FR letter from DOS.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, BUS said:

I’m glad to share with you guys my timeline!

I have received my favorable recommendation after exactly 12 weeks! 

99946C8A-9E36-4061-99BD-3C2369CCE81D.jpeg

Congratulations! I know it’s a good feeling to see your case moving forward. 

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
3 minutes ago, A_waiver_20 said:

I'm happy If anyone to answer the following questions:

1. Can we extend the J1 program during J1 waiver processing with DOS, not yet DOS hasn't given FR?

2. If its possible then later, would there be any issue with DOS and USCIS for J1 acceptance?

Thanks in advance. 

1) Once you have applied for waiver, you can’t extend your DS2019. so it is better to extend the DS2019 first then apply for waiver.

2) After applying waiver if USCIS accepted your application then you can change to any visa but if they denied then I think there will be some questions during the second J1 visa application.

hope this helps

3 hours ago, J1waiver1 said:

Hi All, I am attaching my timeline for DOS. You can see how long it took. They send FR on 23 April. 

Status.PNG

Congratulations! So happy to see you finally get the recommendation. This truly gives me hope - today I completed 13 weeks of waiting, so hopefully mine will also eventually come! 

Edited by anu55

22 minutes ago, anu55 said:

Congratulations! So happy to see you finally get the recommendation. This truly gives me hope - today I completed 13 weeks of waiting, so hopefully mine will also eventually come! 

Thanks anu55. I am sure you will get it anytime soon. From the last email reply from DOS they mentioned they are working hard to expedite process for all the applicants. 

On 4/23/2020 at 9:00 PM, Dev1971 said:

1) Once you have applied for waiver, you can’t extend your DS2019. so it is better to extend the DS2019 first then apply for waiver.

2) After applying waiver if USCIS accepted your application then you can change to any visa but if they denied then I think there will be some questions during the second J1 visa application.

hope this helps

I heard that we can extend the J1 program during J1 waiver with DOS pending.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:00 PM, Dev1971 said:

hope this helps

Based on my understanding, you CAN extend your DS2019 as long as you haven't got the waiver (or is it the favorable recommendation? I'm not sure). But in any case, if the waiver is still in process, one can apply for an extension.

Edited by tnnandi

On 4/23/2020 at 10:42 PM, A_waiver_20 said:

I'm happy If anyone to answer the following questions:

1. Can we extend the J1 program during J1 waiver processing with DOS, not yet DOS hasn't given FR?

2. If its possible then later, would there be any issue with DOS and USCIS for J1 acceptance?

Thanks in advance. 

You CAN extend your DS2019 as long as you haven't got the waiver (or is it the favorable recommendation? I'm not sure). But in any case, if the waiver is still in process, you can apply for an extension. You can confirm this with the Internationals' office in your institute.

Edited by tnnandi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.