JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
2 hours ago, J1waiver1 said:

That's what I was thinking. My NOS received data is Dec 18 and still pending at DOS. In response to my query (through Congressman in January) they mentioned the order of receipt. They also mentioned that some cases require more time.

My case is simple NOS based -- no funding. I am speculating that the processing time also depends on the officer working on the case. 

I sent my docs in September (received by dos in first week of Oct)

Embassy sent NOS to DOS in last week of September (not received), Emailed + took congressman's help to know status of nos (lost 3 months in this process)

Embassy sent NOS again on Dec 19 and (DOS updated Dec 18 as received date) = still pending 14 weeks passed

It is so frustrating. I don't know what to do now.  

Depending factors:

1) Case Type

2) Case complexity 

3) Officer capability: how fast he can does his job

On 3/24/2020 at 10:30 AM, RKR said:

Hi Guys, I am also seeing the notification for the FR. Docs received date Jan 22 and status showing yesterday date March 23rd- FR.

Hello, have you received the letters from DOS or USCIS yet? I have not received any yet, so wondering if you got them because we received the FR on the same day.

Hey guys,

You might have seen me posting and complaining here before. My case took a really really LOOOOONG time. Finally today it was approved. I wanted to share my timeline here, because I've received lots of informations and supports from many of you here, even though we've never met anyone in person. I wish you all good luck and stay calm and healthy during these covid-19 times.

293755171_ScreenShot2020-01-10at3_14_04PM.png.429ee1707712aa3242db36b2fe6771e4.png

For the USCIS part:

1/15/2020, USCIS issued the I-797 notice of my case;

1/24/2020, "Name Was Updated" (I'm not sure what this mean. My case didn't move forward for a long time from here);

3/27/2020, "Case Was Approved".

I'm still waiting for the physical mail notice. 

It seems that most people's cases get approved within 2 weeks once it gets to the USCIS. Some other cases have taken slight longer. But for mine, it was more than 10 weeks. I really don't understand why it took so long. During this time, I've called the USCIS and they couldn't give me any useful info. If you've been waiting for your case for a long time, be patient, it'll come. Good luck to everyone. 

13 hours ago, jessjess said:

Hey guys,

You might have seen me posting and complaining here before. My case took a really really LOOOOONG time. Finally today it was approved. I wanted to share my timeline here, because I've received lots of informations and supports from many of you here, even though we've never met anyone in person. I wish you all good luck and stay calm and healthy during these covid-19 times.

293755171_ScreenShot2020-01-10at3_14_04PM.png.429ee1707712aa3242db36b2fe6771e4.png

For the USCIS part:

1/24/2020, "Name Was Updated" (I'm not sure what this mean. My case didn't move forward for a long time from here);

It seems that most people's cases get approved within 2 weeks once it gets to the USCIS. Some other cases have taken slight longer. But for mine, it was more than 10 weeks. I really don't understand why it took so long. During this time, I've called the USCIS and they couldn't give me any useful info. If you've been waiting for your case for a long time, be patient, it'll come. Good luck to everyone. 

Thank you for sharing and congrats!!

15 hours ago, jessjess said:

Hey guys,

For the USCIS part:

Congratulations that your wait is finally over! I just want to add that when I emailed the DOS to check on my status they said that the processing time for applications is 12-16 weeks!! I too was under the impression that it is much shorter. 

17 hours ago, jessjess said:

Hey guys,

For the USCIS part:

Congratulations. Great news. So your favorable recommendation came on Saturday. Does it mean that they send recommendations even on weekends?

Hello All,

Does any one to give response on following question?

1. My status expiring on May 31st, 2019 and didn't get response from DOS on J1 waiver.

I think, i can't renew either the J1 program or change the status to H1B.

welcome any suggestions on to stay in usa beyond expired status date.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, A_waiver_20 said:

Hello All,

Does any one to give response on following question?

1. My status expiring on May 31st, 2019 and didn't get response from DOS on J1 waiver.

I think, i can't renew either the J1 program or change the status to H1B.

welcome any suggestions on to stay in usa beyond expired status date.

Thanks.

Hi. I don't think you should be renewing the J1 now that you've applied for the waiver but I think you can apply for the H1B during this process. Assuming you have a sponsor for the H1B, you can ask the DOS to expedite it accordingly. There are a good amount people here who applied for the waiver to get the H1B. They should know more than I do on this. Good luck. 

Edited by waiver2020

On 3/26/2020 at 12:58 PM, PL-Waiver said:

Today my case was approved by USCIS. Here is the timeline:

USCIS received my case from DoS on March, 18 2020

I received an I-797c notice from USCIS on March, 24 2020 (receipt)

Case was approved by USCIS on their website on March, 26 2020

Final I-797c notice received on March, 30 2020

Done!

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
On 3/28/2020 at 9:28 AM, J1toH1 said:

Hello, have you received the letters from DOS or USCIS yet? I have not received any yet, so wondering if you got them because we received the FR on the same day.

Hi J1toH1

I haven’t received the letter from DOS or USCIS. What is your status? Have you received that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.