JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I applied for j1 hardship waiver in 2018 because some government funding was involved with my exchange program. I received sponsor views in November 2019. Right now, its march and it is still pending! no recommendation was sent yet. I am about to graduate college and will be out of status soon. I really do not want to stay here illegally while waiting for them to send the recommendation. How long does it usually take to send the recommendation?

1234.PNG

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Hello 

Could someone helps me.

i filled my form online and loose the confirmation page with code bar, case number  ( my laptop switch off) do I have to fill another one? 

please help me my first time.

thank you 

10 hours ago, Lolom said:

Hello 

Could someone helps me.

i filled my form online and loose the confirmation page with code bar, case number  ( my laptop switch off) do I have to fill another one? 

thank you 

Probably yes, because you need to send that page. 

Edited by waiverTR

Just now, A_waiver_20 said:

Hi, Did you get FR?

Nope, not yet. I'm also in the same boat. Our OIS office has started case preparation but now this worries me a lot. Additionally, I'm scared about staffing and work from home advisory due to COVID 19. We will be on the receiving end and no one regrets doing that.

14 hours ago, Lolom said:

Hello 

Could someone helps me.

thank you 

Yes fill that form again and this time with power plugged-in..They will associate your case with the number only once you send them all the docs. So no worries. Best!

On 3/19/2020 at 4:44 PM, A_waiver_20 said:

Hi, Did you get FR?

I haven't received mine either! My NOC was updated in their system on January 23. I had emailed waiver department and they responded yesterday saying that the file is complete and the processing time is between 12-16 weeks! 

Edited by anu55

On 3/19/2020 at 5:40 PM, vkk said:

Nope, not yet. I'm also in the same boat. Our OIS office has started case preparation but now this worries me a lot. Additionally, I'm scared about staffing and work from home advisory due to COVID 19. We will be on the receiving end and no one regrets doing that.

In the email response to my query about status update, waiver department said that they are still processing cases. They didn't indicate any change in processing time...hopefully its true and not just the case of copy pasting the standard draft email! 

On 3/19/2020 at 11:40 AM, vkk said:

Hi,  what does it mean "OIS office has started case preparation"?   I am assuming that your case is not sponsored by us.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

All my NOC was updated in Jan 22, 2020. Still there is no update "Pending". I got the email reply from DOS last monday saying that "your case is in the process of adjudicating your case and should make a determination within the next few business days". But, still there is no update. My J1 expiry on May 10, 2020. I am worrying lot. Anyone have experienced about this status and when possibly get FR. Thanks

1 hour ago, RKR said:

Hi Guys,

All my NOC was updated in Jan 22, 2020. Still there is no update "Pending". I got the email reply from DOS last monday saying that "your case is in the process of adjudicating your case and should make a determination within the next few business days". But, still there is no update. My J1 expiry on May 10, 2020. I am worrying lot. Anyone have experienced about this status and when possibly get FR. Thanks

You can see the previous posts where many people shared their timeline.. I am only 6 days later than you and hoping that they issue the FR's soon. The response I got was different than yours which means they're at least not giving everyone the same answer. Keep calm and it shall be over soon .. 

Edited by waiverTR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.