JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2020 at 11:23 AM, R123. said:

Here is my time line

Sept 13th: Sent docs to DOS and Indian Embassy. Indian Embassy sent docs back within 1 week.

Oct 10th:  DOS website updated as received except NOS.

Dec 17th: NOS received. After Indian Embassy resent NOS.

Feb 10th : Favorable recommendation issued.

Feb  28th: Received I-797C- notice of action from USCIS.

Feb 29th: Received actual watermarked approval letter from USCIS.

When did USCIS received your case? 

Mine was received on Feb 20th and I got the I-797C on Feb 28th. Still waiting for approval.

Hi SinfoChimp

You can ask for a congressman's or senator's help only if you're in the country and also a citizen needs to do that for you. We did ask for it but the DoS said I don't qualify for an expedited processing- which is odd. But hey you at least got a response to your email! I haven't heard anything from that email address and I sent emails in early January and February. I suggest you contact the sponsor that DoS sent the request for the views. Did you have a sponsorship from a university? 

1603829229_ScreenShot2020-03-04at12_49_19PM.thumb.png.40cda902f42f9c8ad6651931795a8b48.pngHi all, 

We finally got the Fav. Recommendation! I'm sharing the time line here.

Thanks to all of you, this blog has been super helpful. Please don't panic, if I learn something by looking at the different cases and time lines is that they are somehow unique... 

I have no idea how or when will we get the receipt notice to track the USCIS part...

I'll continue sharing my updates with you!

Best! 

Lau

On 3/3/2020 at 7:23 AM, R123. said:

Here is my time line

Sept 13th: Sent docs to DOS and Indian Embassy. Indian Embassy sent docs back within 1 week.

Oct 10th:  DOS website updated as received except NOS.

Dec 17th: NOS received. After Indian Embassy resent NOS.

Feb 10th : Favorable recommendation issued.

Feb  28th: Received I-797C- notice of action from USCIS.

Feb 29th: Received actual watermarked approval letter from USCIS.

congratulations...

1 hour ago, LauCC said:

1603829229_ScreenShot2020-03-04at12_49_19PM.thumb.png.40cda902f42f9c8ad6651931795a8b48.pngHi all, 

We finally got the Fav. Recommendation! I'm sharing the time line here.

Thanks to all of you, this blog has been super helpful. Please don't panic, if I learn something by looking at the different cases and time lines is that they are somehow unique... 

I have no idea how or when will we get the receipt notice to track the USCIS part...

I'll continue sharing my updates with you!

Best! 

Lau

Congrats!!!! 

12 hours ago, LauCC said:

is there a chance that USCIS doesn't approve? or they must approve??

thanks

I think it's rare. The time difference mainly caused by the handling officer and his/her work load. Just hang tight and soon it will be over.

15 hours ago, NJP said:

congratulations...

Thanks. 

I have been following this thread for a long time while waiting for my waiver recommendation, and I just received a favorable recommendation today, so thought I'd share my timeline in case people are wondering about current wait times. 

image.thumb.png.3a0f4970bff200a3c2f67fc26fb4944f.png

For context, I am from India, had no government funding, and was applying based on "No Objection". My documents (including the No Objection Statement) were physically received by the DOS on 1/2/2020. 

Good luck everyone!

4 hours ago, Goa said:

I have been following this thread for a long time while waiting for my waiver recommendation, and I just received a favorable recommendation today, so thought I'd share my timeline in case people are wondering about current wait times. 

image.thumb.png.3a0f4970bff200a3c2f67fc26fb4944f.png

For context, I am from India, had no government funding, and was applying based on "No Objection". My documents (including the No Objection Statement) were physically received by the DOS on 1/2/2020. 

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations...

On 2/20/2020 at 5:02 PM, vkk said:

Guys, does anyone got their "Favorable recommendation" once their NOC was received in Jan month? Please update. Mine was received by DOS on Jan 21 and no updates since then. My D/S is expiring in June. Thanks.

Did you receive any update? My NOC was received Jan 23 and no update since then? Thanks 

58 minutes ago, citiwren said:

Here just to share my timeline. I had funding from Brazil. Sent the docs on November, only now they sent a request for sponsor views. It seems that my case is part of some with a delayed compared to majority in here, but I hope the decision will comes soon.

image.png.70c4ca457e0fc4856bb1738bafc97b4d.png

What organization had sponsor you? Was it ciência sem Fronteiras?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.