JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,061 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JDRao said:

Thank you so much for your response. Yes, I did get the acknowledgment to my Indian address. One of the agents suggested me to change the mailing address to US address can help in faster processing. But quite opposite happened. I never received to my US address on file.

I have got my H1-B visa petition approved and was wondering if i could attend my interview with the print screen to indicate that the waiver case was approved along with  other original documents.

Honestly that depends on that visa officer. I know that without the final waiver we technically can't get H1 or K visas at the consulates but I also heard about people getting theirs at some consulates! I for one am still waiting to get my K1 stamped because of this J1 waiver issue. Wishing you luck.

H1B non-profit visa?

2 hours ago, JDRao said:

Thank you so much for your response. Yes, I did get the acknowledgment to my Indian address. One of the agents suggested me to change the mailing address to US address can help in faster processing. But quite opposite happened. I never received to my US address on file.

I have got my H1-B visa petition approved and was wondering if i could attend my interview with the print screen to indicate that the waiver case was approved along with  other original documents.

On 2/13/2020 at 3:49 PM, jessjess said:

I see. Sorry to hear that. I'm very anxious because I saw other people's cases got approve within a week or two after the USCIS received notices. It's pretty much a month now for my case. 

Good luck to you. Hope it will happen soon. 

Hi, @jessjess I am from Colombia. But I don't really think that the country delays the process. It's just USCIS times and some people say, it depends on the officer who is working on your case, but we don't really know that. 

I mentioned @tnnandi that the form I-797B doesn't apply in my case because I read it is for something related to work permission. 

I received my Approval notice on January 20th in my mail, but it was dated on January 14th. In their website, checking in my USCIS account says On January 15, 2020, we approved your Form I-612....

The receipt notice was dated in the document on Jan. 7th and I received on the 10th. 

It won't take long for you to receive it! No worries!! :) Positive thoughts and vibes!! :) 

Edited by J1visa

17 minutes ago, suku said:

Hi everyone

I have a question about my timeline. Even after 2 weeks of receiving my sponsor views DOS still didn't do any recommendation. Is this normal ? sorry if this question is repetitive!495820187_J1WaiverTimeline.thumb.png.b1e4d1447ea2b437a84075e67d93a8e8.png

mmm not sure about how long.. I'm still on the "NOS received" step.. since Nov. 25.. no news.  No sponsor views yet..

If anyone has recently got the USCIS approval letter (I-797B/I-612), I'll be curious to know how long did it take after the DoS favorable recommendation. I'm asking this because although I heard that it doesn't take more than a couple of weeks, my case is pending with USCIS for 20 days without any update. Any useful information is appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by tnnandi

15 hours ago,  suku said: 

Hi everyone

I have a question about my timeline. Even after 2 weeks of receiving my sponsor views DOS still didn't do any recommendation. Is this normal ? sorry if this question is repetitive!495820187_J1WaiverTimeline.thumb.png.b1e4d1447ea2b437a84075e67d93a8e8.png

Hi. Did you receive any funding from the US or your home country?

Hi
Yes I did receive funding from US government.

5 hours ago, suku said:
   15 hours ago,  suku said: 

Hi everyone

Hi. Did you receive any funding from the US or your home country?

Hi
Yes I did receive funding from US government.

Then it is normal for it to take a little bit longer. I haven't received any funding from anywhere and NOS and everything is received 21 days ago on DoS's website. Still waiting for the favorable recommendation.. I haven't received that instructions letter from the DoS that they're supposed to mail you after they receive the documents. Have you received it by any chance? 
Keep hopeful! 

On 2/14/2020 at 12:14 AM, abie said:

Hello ALL, 

I have been reading many posts in this forum and they are very helpful. I just sent out my waiver application on the basis of "no objection" statement to DOS. Their website shows that application materials were received on January 21. Meanwhile, Indian Embassy informed me that they have sent the "no objection statement" directly to the waiver review division on 29th January. I am yet to see that on the DOS website. I guess at this point I need to keep waiting for any update from DOS. However, I got some doubts as I have seen somewhere in this Forum that there is I-612 form. I remember submitting only DS-3035 along with other materials. Am I missing something here? Your feedback will be very helpful. Also, is anyone has applied for waiver during this time, I would like to hear your experience and timeline. Thank you all so much!

Keep calling Indian embassy and ask them to send the NOC again and again. I have submitted my NOC in Sep 21 and wasted my three month for DOS to update the same. DOS takes 1 month to respond to emails. They kept denying. I kept asking since then to Indian embassy to forward my NOC to DOS. Finally they updated that on Jan 21. No further updates since then. Does anyone got their favorable recommendation after DOS received their NOC in Jan month. Please update me. My visa expiring in June. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.