Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 I-129F FILERS

777 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, TheBs said:

ohh ok.... I have been waiting too and hope to hear back soon. So u did not send passport sztamps and pics or what?

I sent itinerary of flights , Airbnb bookings for both of my visits. Her itinerary for her visit here to the U.S. but no photos. I was a bit skeptical after I sent that but heard that pics where secondary proof. So I was not worrying too much. This time around I'll send passport stamps copies and see if I can find my actual boarding passes. Along with many pics. 

Edited by Horty

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, Horty said:

I sent itinerary of flights , Airbnb bookings for both of my visits. Her itinerary for her visit here to the U.S. but no photos. I was a bit skeptical after I sent that but heard that pics where secondary proof. So I was not worrying too much. This time around I'll send passport stamps copies and see if I can find my actual boarding passes.

Ok good.  I sent a ton of photos but no airbnb proof. I am waitimg and I pray I even get an EF just to see. I am so nervous.

23 minutes ago, TheBs said:

ohh ok.... I have been waiting too and hope to hear back soon. So u did not send passport sztamps and pics or what?

Thanks. Could u help show me where. I am new here. Just came in today.....

Top of the page, blue ribbon, select forums. Scroll 3/4 ,of the page and look for your region.

Also here https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679202-k1-visa-procedures-for-nigeria-only/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 hours ago, TheBs said:

Ok good.  I sent a ton of photos but no airbnb proof. I am waitimg and I pray I even get an EF just to see. I am so nervous.

I sent in a lot photos with family and friends, vacation itinerary and receipts, flight work schedules showing proof of coming to the Bahamas 🇧🇸. That’s about it I’m praying no more proof 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
3 hours ago, Horty said:

I sent itinerary of flights , Airbnb bookings for both of my visits. Her itinerary for her visit here to the U.S. but no photos. I was a bit skeptical after I sent that but heard that pics where secondary proof. So I was not worrying too much. This time around I'll send passport stamps copies and see if I can find my actual boarding passes. Along with many pics. 

Depending on the airlines, you can view your old boarding passes still if you have a login, or be sure to check your emails! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
5 hours ago, LOve17 said:

AHHH! We got approved. Both old and new websites have not been updated. We received the NOA2 letter in the mail today.

NOA1: Feb 22nd.

NOA2: May 10th.

☺️☺️☺️☺️

Yay 😊 congratulations 👍

Wow, it looks like people who filed their I-129F in February of 2019 are getting some really quick approvals. Kudos to you guys. Back in 2017, it was taking like 6-8 months just to get a NOA2. With that being said, for those people who have only waited for about 3 months or so and that are getting antsy: Please relax (and I honestly don't mean it a rude way). You will eventually get your approval. ;)

Wow yeah another outstanding week for February filers if this keeps up much longer  everyone will be approved and gone, congrats  to all the approvals!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

:( Just saw that we received a mail for USCIS from Informed Delivery. I was so curious what it was, so I called the office. They told me they sent a request for more evidence. I have to wait until I get home to see what evidence they're asking for. I am pretty sure it will be for the evidence of meeting in 2  years time ... we had sent photos but forgot to date them, and the only other evidence was a hotel receipt with both our names. :( I hope it's an easy fix. NOA1 was Feb 27. 

Can anyone tell me what I should send as evidence if the RFE in indeed for that specific question?? Please help, I'm freaking out. I'm also bummed as I was hoping for approval. I waited around 40 minutes to get connected to an officer on the phone. 

5 minutes ago, SaliFam said:

:( Acabo de ver que recibimos un correo para USCIS de Informed Delivery. Tenía tanta curiosidad por lo que era, así que llamé a la oficina. Me dijeron que habían enviado una solicitud de más pruebas. Tengo que esperar hasta que llegue a casa para ver qué pruebas me piden. Estoy bastante seguro de que será por la evidencia de la reunión dentro de 2 años. Habíamos enviado fotos, pero se nos olvidó la fecha, y la única otra evidencia era un recibo de hotel con nuestros dos nombres. :( Espero que sea una solución fácil. NOA1 fue el 27 de febrero. 

¿Alguien puede decirme qué debo enviar como evidencia si el RFE está de hecho para esa pregunta específica? Por favor ayuda, me estoy volviendo loca. También estoy decepcionado porque esperaba la aprobación. Esperé alrededor de 40 minutos para conectarme con un oficial por teléfono. 

Do not worry! You can send the passport stamps when they were visited, if they have boarding passes, some resent of the card of the petitioner in the country of the beneficiary, reservations of flights with more photos, some send affidavit of friends. There is always a light on the road. Cheer up and good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 5/12/2019 at 4:06 PM, Greenbaum said:

There is a service provided by the USPS (US Postal Service) whereby each morning USPS will scan your incoming mail (just the address side of the envelope) and email you an update. It's very convenient these days to have advance notice that an important piece of mail is being delivered.

The service is available to most communities but some are still being rolling out so not all areas are available. Check the website with your zip code to verify your location is available for the service. A person in the USA can sign up for this free service here: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

You can also use the USPS Mobile app available in the Google play store.

thank you. I couldn't pass the online verification, clearly they wanted to verify another person, not me ...so now I have to proceed with in person verification.

this option will be useful in the future, but certainly not for the next 3.5 weeks.

anyway, this is a good suggestion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I also called uscis this morning and found out that I have been issued an RFE. Neither website reflects this and I didn't receive an email for it but the guy told me it was issued on May 13. My understanding is that an RFE is right on the brink of denial. Now to try to avoid panic while I wait to find out what they want.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Ty/Ir said:

I also called uscis this morning and found out that I have been issued an RFE. Neither website reflects this and I didn't receive an email for it but the guy told me it was issued on May 13. My understanding is that an RFE is right on the brink of denial. Now to try to avoid panic while I wait to find out what they want.

Hopefully it's something that can be fixed pretty easily.  I've seen a few people who got an RFE for not checking a box and then getting it resolved quickly.

Did you have an complicated issues like a prior divorce, criminal history, or using an IMBRA website to meet?

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, TandClaudia said:

Hopefully it's something that can be fixed pretty easily.  I've seen a few people who got an RFE for not checking a box and then getting it resolved quickly.

Did you have an complicated issues like a prior divorce, criminal history, or using an IMBRA website to meet?

No prior divorces, met online but on a free site not an IMBRA (did not it mention anyway). I have a very minor criminal history from when I was a kid all Class C misdemeanors which are the same level as traffic tickets.

For those wondering how long it takes to get the physical copy of the NOA2 after seeing the new website update to approved, we received ours yesterday and our official date is 05/13/19 (online says 14th) so it was only 76 days from NOA1 to NOA2. Feeling so lucky and fortunate as I know people have patiently waited triple this amount of time. 🙂

Best of luck to everyone still waiting and for anyone who received an RFE, don’t be disheartened, think of this as another chance at getting an approval and making sure all your ducks are in a row before the interview stage. Stay hopeful and happy. ❤️🌻🌈

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.