Greenbaum

FEBRUARY 2019 I-129F FILERS

777 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, HappyGummyBear7 said:

Thanks to the link to the new site.  I now have two accounts. :D

Interestingly the new site has a different case received date than the old one.  Old: 02/04/19  New: 02/07/19.

I updated my timeline to 02/07/19 for now.  Anyone else see a difference between the two sites if you have an account on both?

This is something that has been going on for over two years. Those two sites have gone through most of 2018 giving no information. Now they have some life in them but you can't tell what animal they are as the have morphed so much lately.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

This is something that has been going on for over two years. Those two sites have gone through most of 2018 giving no information. Now they have some life in them but you can't tell what animal they are as the have morphed so much lately.

Got it.  Thanks for the info!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know we are in the minority but we are not in a rush to get our NOA2 approval and were accepting of the predicated timeline (i.e., NOA2 approval around late July). It's surprising how fast applications are getting processed based on data points in other threads, and it has us potentially re-assessing our timeline! The hope was to have my fiancee come here sometime in the first quarter next year so she can make the most of her time this year to deal with things she needs to deal with before immigrating.

Depending on how soon we get the NOA2 approval (current status predicts June 22, 2019 and June 30, 2019), she plans to maximize the time allotted for each step before immigrating (i.e., maximize the 4 months to get visa approval after NOA2 and the 6 months required to immigrate to the States after visa approval). Another reason why we are not in a rush is so that I can save enough vacation leave such that we can have an extended vacation before she comes to the States to get settled. :) 

4 hours ago, Pat&Jan said:

I know we are in the minority but we are not in a rush to get our NOA2 approval and were accepting of the predicated timeline (i.e., NOA2 approval around late July). It's surprising how fast applications are getting processed based on data points in other threads, and it has us potentially re-assessing our timeline! The hope was to have my fiancee come here sometime in the first quarter next year so she can make the most of her time this year to deal with things she needs to deal with before immigrating.

Depending on how soon we get the NOA2 approval (current status predicts June 22, 2019 and June 30, 2019), she plans to maximize the time allotted for each step before immigrating (i.e., maximize the 4 months to get visa approval after NOA2 and the 6 months required to immigrate to the States after visa approval). Another reason why we are not in a rush is so that I can save enough vacation leave such that we can have an extended vacation before she comes to the States to get settled. :) 

And your question is?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

And your question is?

Oh, no question at all! Just wanted to give our own update to the thread to keep it lively.

Simply wanted to comment on how quick it appears the NOA2 notices have been coming recently and how this would affect our plans within the next year. And we're fully aware these dates provided on our VJ profile are only estimations and that each couple's journey is unique.

Timeline
On 4/17/2019 at 8:37 PM, Greenbaum said:

And your question is?

Is a question necessary to post? This is supposed to be a supportive community for ppl all enduring the same immigration process. I consistently see you putting in your two cents such as this which adds ZERO value. Unless someone is addressing you directly or you have some helpful insights to share, spare us your sarcasm and condescending comments.

Edited by TBoneTX
prohibited acronym removed

18 hours ago, Kacey8361 said:

Is a question necessary to post? This is supposed to be a supportive community for ppl all enduring the same immigration process. I consistently see you putting in your two cents such as this which adds ZERO value. Unless someone is addressing you directly or you have some helpful insights to share, spare us your sarcasm and condescending comments.

I am compassionate and caring or else I wouldn't be here sharing the information I know and have acquired.  Just because someone doesn't like the information presented doesn't mean it's not valid or relevant or helpful.  This is NOT a support group.  This a "Do It Yourself" website to help others through their immigration paperwork without the help of a lawyer or for pay service.  The fact that there is support here, is a benefit but it's not the purpose of the forum

The CO will be judgmental because that's THEIR JOB.  Learn to deal with it. Or you will fail. The CO assumes the relationship is fake and for visa benefit only.  It's your job to convince them otherwise with evidence of a genuine relationship.  

I have dealt with judgement from others in our personal life and online due to our decisions.  Such is life.  We just move forward and continue being ourselves. 

Edited by TBoneTX
prohibited acronym removed from quote
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

9 hours ago, Pat&Jan said:

Oh, no question at all! Just wanted to give our own update to the thread to keep it lively.

Simply wanted to comment on how quick it appears the NOA2 notices have been coming recently and how this would affect our plans within the next year. And we're fully aware these dates provided on our VJ profile are only estimations and that each couple's journey is unique.

No problem. I just didn't know if you "left out" the question or needed any help. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*******  Reminder that the Update threads are for, well, updates.  No questions are needed.  These threads are for people with similar NOAs to come together, exchange info, ask questions if they want to and  support eachother in a friendly and welcoming way. ********

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Hello!
I was reading in some threads, and some think that approval may take longer when there are previous marriages or the beneficiary has a child. In my opinion, it may make some sense, but I do not think it is so difficult to investigate or that USCIS has restrictions for these people.

It will be true or not?

@Greenbaum

1 hour ago, Miosotty M said:

Hello!
I was reading in some threads, and some think that approval may take longer when there are previous marriages or the beneficiary has a child. In my opinion, it may make some sense, but I do not think it is so difficult to investigate or that USCIS has restrictions for these people.

It will be true or not?

@Greenbaum

I read that post. I have never heard of anyone being delayed or it taking longer to process background checks. Think of this if you will; Who knows the steps that USCIS? No one has any documentation that gives exactly what happens. I can give you a link for what I have been able to gather from different sources but still is a guess.

Now does it make sense to check the background when someone had another identity. Yes of course. We all don't know what we are talking about with background checks. BTW, I asked the person who started that notion if they had a source they can quote. I'm still waiting for an answer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GqCssUcCP0cQhJxMmJY_ewz1hIY_-M5M/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Leí ese post. Nunca he escuchado que alguien se haya retrasado o que haya tardado más en procesar las verificaciones de antecedentes. Piensa en esto si quieres; ¿Quién sabe los pasos que el USCIS? Nadie tiene documentación que dé exactamente lo que sucede. Puedo darle un enlace para lo que he podido recopilar de diferentes fuentes, pero aún así es una conjetura.

Ahora tiene sentido revisar el fondo cuando alguien tiene otra identidad. Sí, por supuesto. Todos no sabemos de qué estamos hablando con la verificación de antecedentes. Por cierto, le pregunté a la persona que comenzó esa idea si tenía una fuente que pudieran citar. Todavía estoy esperando una respuesta.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GqCssUcCP0cQhJxMmJY_ewz1hIY_-M5M/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!

Timeline
8 hours ago, Penguin_ie said:

*******  Reminder that the Update threads are for, well, updates.  No questions are needed.  These threads are for people with similar NOAs to come together, exchange info, ask questions if they want to and  support eachother in a friendly and welcoming way. ********

Thank you. Well said. 

On 4/18/2019 at 3:16 AM, HappyGummyBear7 said:

Thanks to the link to the new site.  I now have two accounts. :D

Interestingly the new site has a different case received date than the old one.  Old: 02/04/19  New: 02/07/19.

I updated my timeline to 02/07/19 for now.  Anyone else see a difference between the two sites if you have an account on both?

Hi!! We're the same. Mine aswell, new site says case received : 2/7/2019 and old site says 2/4/2019.. 😂😂 Now I am excited to see the words "case approved" 😅😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/17/2019 at 3:45 PM, HappyGummyBear7 said:

Whoops! Got confused on topics.  This is what I'm referring to:

Old Site: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

New Site: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Sorry about that!

Is anyone else getting a pop up box that says your case number cannot be recognized when trying to check your case update online?

K1 Visa Process:
I-129F Sent: February 28th 2019
NOA1: March 7th 2019

NOA2: May 16th 2019

NVC Arrival: June 14th 2019

NVC Depart: June 25th 2019

Consulate Recieved: June 27th 2019

Package 3 Rec: July 8th 2019

Package 3 Sent: July 15th 2019

Package 4 Rec: July 16th 2019

Medical: August 29th 2019

Interview: September 11th 2019

Visa Issued: September 12th 2019

Visa On Hand: September 16th 2019

US Entry:

Marriage:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.