G&A

*** K-3 May and June 2007 Filers ***

2,023 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great week. I don't think too many people are left to write on this thread but me. I am really feeling lonely on this thread since most everyone on this thread has been approved but me :crying:. To update everyone, I just called USCIS and she assured me that our petition is now on an adjudicator's desk and of course, they felt the need to tell me that I just called on Nov. 30 and that I should give more time than just three days for them to approve the petition. I let her know that I was calling to find out if it was actually on someone's desk and now that I have that assurance, I am satisfied and will let them do their job. Some have no clue or compassion for the inordinate amount of waiting a couple has already done before they start calling their office. I have never bothered them at all until my petition was past the processing date and now that I know it is on someone's desk, I will leave them alone and wait patiently for their decision.

Thanks for listening,

Deb

Hi Deb,

no, I have not been approved until now. Next week on Dec. 12 will be six month since I started to file the I-130. But no answer from USCIS. I am very depressed

and angry at the USCIS-Working. I don't know whether I can call them now or not? On next Wednesday is the 6.months over. I am really frustrated now.

Last week my case is touched, but my status haven't been changed. Is it a good sign?

How is it, can I call the USCIS next week and ask about my status, or should I wait 30 days after this timeframe?

I hope our cases will be approved very very soon. I don't now what to do, if I should wait more!?!?!

Thanks!

Amoro

my husband is angered by this situation, we will wait 6 months, this is next Thursday 13 and these day He will call to USCIS and ask for an explanation,I am really frustrated also

Hello Deb,

I'm there for company. I've been patiently waiting for just about 6 months now. My patience just about running out. Very tired and sad.

June 12th - Sent 130

June 19th - NOA1 (Never received NOA1, got WAC number from the check encashed and checked online)

9/20/07 - Touch

July 23rd - Sent I-129F

Aug 14th - NOA1

9/20/07 - Touch

Congrats to all those who have got it approved. Very sad right now...

Karthik

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great week. I don't think too many people are left to write on this thread but me. I am really feeling lonely on this thread since most everyone on this thread has been approved but me :crying:. To update everyone, I just called USCIS and she assured me that our petition is now on an adjudicator's desk and of course, they felt the need to tell me that I just called on Nov. 30 and that I should give more time than just three days for them to approve the petition. I let her know that I was calling to find out if it was actually on someone's desk and now that I have that assurance, I am satisfied and will let them do their job. Some have no clue or compassion for the inordinate amount of waiting a couple has already done before they start calling their office. I have never bothered them at all until my petition was past the processing date and now that I know it is on someone's desk, I will leave them alone and wait patiently for their decision.

Thanks for listening,

Deb

Hi Deb,

no, I have not been approved until now. Next week on Dec. 12 will be six month since I started to file the I-130. But no answer from USCIS. I am very depressed

and angry at the USCIS-Working. I don't know whether I can call them now or not? On next Wednesday is the 6.months over. I am really frustrated now.

Last week my case is touched, but my status haven't been changed. Is it a good sign?

How is it, can I call the USCIS next week and ask about my status, or should I wait 30 days after this timeframe?

I hope our cases will be approved very very soon. I don't now what to do, if I should wait more!?!?!

Thanks!

Amoro

my husband is angered by this situation, we will wait 6 months, this is next Thursday 13 and these day He will call to USCIS and ask for an explanation,I am really frustrated also

Hello Deb,

I'm there for company. I've been patiently waiting for just about 6 months now. My patience just about running out. Very tired and sad.

June 12th - Sent 130

June 19th - NOA1 (Never received NOA1, got WAC number from the check encashed and checked online)

9/20/07 - Touch

July 23rd - Sent I-129F

Aug 14th - NOA1

9/20/07 - Touch

Congrats to all those who have got it approved. Very sad right now...

Karthik

Hi Karthik,

I can sympathize with you. Next week, yours will reach the six-month mark. My is almost a month over the six months. However, I just looked on USCIS website and noticed that the I-130 has a date changed to today and my I-129F has a date of yesterday. I called USCIS yesterday, so yesterday's date probably is generated from my call, but today's date on I-130 looks hopeful. The lady told me that our petition was on someone's desk right now to be adjudicated, so I am hoping by the end of the week or next week to have my approval, so we can finally move on in this process with everyone else that was on this thread.

Good luck for you!

Deb

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

This process is extreme! USCIS is at their own pace which redefines the word wait.... There is no preparing for this painful and heartbreaking process. The entire process is an emotional roller coaster ride from the beginning to the very end and really takes a toll on a person. No matter how hard you try to concentrate on something else; its just impossbile to push it out of your head. But, trying to speed up the process is IMPOSSIBLE! USCIS moves slower than a snail.... I really hope for the rest of the VJ members USCIS hires staffing and begins processing applications within reasonable timeframes like what I was told when we submitted our applications. But, our applications have taken several turns and delays. Unfortunately, you have no control and that was very difficult for me because we are just information on their papers but, to us its our life and family.... Hang in there and your time will come.. Experiencing those approvals takes a little pain away but, this experience I will never forget... Its priceless to have your husband and family by your side. Good luck to everyone waiting and try to keep your chin up because you are dealing with people that you probably never imagined these difficult people existed. They are difficult and they think totally different from how we think....

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

Te amo mucho mi gran amor!!!

I-130 Application: (Filed 222 days ago) Reached 7 MONTHS

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

05/09/2007 recieved NOA I from CSC (Reached 6 MONTHS 195 days from NOA I)

05/18/2007 Filed I-129F at Chicago Office ( Filed 186 days ago) 6 MONTHS!!

05/20/2007 rec'd NOA (184 days ago for NOA I ) REACHED THE 6 MONTH MARK!!

BOTH APPLICATIONS APPROVED 11/20/2007 THANK YOU MY GOD!!

11/20/2007 Date of NOA 2 email

11/26/2007 Date of hard copy of NOA 2

12/12/07 Date NVC receives paperwork

12/14/07 K3 is sent to Lima Peru, received case number from NVC.

12/17/07 Lima Peru Embassey receives K3

01/04/08 My Honey's Medical

**** I leave today to reunite with MY HONEY!!!! ****....

01/15/08 LEAVING FOR LIMA PERU!!!

01/17/08 8:15 AM Date of Interview in Lima, Peru with my honey!

INTERVIEW WAS APPROVED!!!!

***2008 is with My Honey***********

Timeline
This process is extreme! USCIS is at their own pace which redefines the word wait.... There is no preparing for this painful and heartbreaking process. The entire process is an emotional roller coaster ride from the beginning to the very end and really takes a toll on a person. No matter how hard you try to concentrate on something else; its just impossbile to push it out of your head. But, trying to speed up the process is IMPOSSIBLE! USCIS moves slower than a snail.... I really hope for the rest of the VJ members USCIS hires staffing and begins processing applications within reasonable timeframes like what I was told when we submitted our applications. But, our applications have taken several turns and delays. Unfortunately, you have no control and that was very difficult for me because we are just information on their papers but, to us its our life and family.... Hang in there and your time will come.. Experiencing those approvals takes a little pain away but, this experience I will never forget... Its priceless to have your husband and family by your side. Good luck to everyone waiting and try to keep your chin up because you are dealing with people that you probably never imagined these difficult people existed. They are difficult and they think totally different from how we think....

Thanks My Honey for your words of encouragement. I felt like everyone left me behind to struggle alone on this thread. Everyone but me has their petitions approved and have moved on to the next thread. I don't even think G&A has quit updating the chart. Of course, I am the only one left, I think, anyway, so what is there to update, lol. Maybe by next week I can move on to the "petitions forwarded to NVC" thread. Thanks for coming back and keep me encouraged.

Good luck to you,

Deb

I-130

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

Timeline

Thanks My Honey for your words of encouragement. I felt like everyone left me behind to struggle alone on this thread. Everyone but me has their petitions approved and have moved on to the next thread. I don't even think G&A has quit updating the chart. Of course, I am the only one left, I think, anyway, so what is there to update, lol. Maybe by next week I can move on to the "petitions forwarded to NVC" thread. Thanks for coming back and keep me encouraged.

Good luck to you,

Deb

Deb,

That is why we are here on the VJ to encourage each other and express our emotions. Man, are those words true!!! With this entire process I have experienced so many emotions from the greatest high to the absolute low... Also, people tell you just a little more longer but, they have no ideal and have never experienced what you have experienced unless they themselves are going thru the process. (I actually hated hearing just a little more longer...) You will get to that next thread. Keep on moving forward and I know what really helped me was planning the future with my husband. All these positive thoughts helps this crazy and uncalled for waiting game...

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

Timeline

Good luck to you,

Deb

Deb,

That is why we are here on the VJ to encourage each other and express our emotions. Man, are those words true!!! With this entire process I have experienced so many emotions from the greatest high to the absolute low... Also, people tell you just a little more longer but, they have no ideal and have never experienced what you have experienced unless they themselves are going thru the process. (I actually hated hearing just a little more longer...) You will get to that next thread. Keep on moving forward and I know what really helped me was planning the future with my husband. All these positive thoughts helps this crazy and uncalled for waiting game...

Thanks My Honey! It really helps when there is someone else out there that has gone through the same things as you to keep you feeling like there will be a light at the end of this long, grueling, dark tunnel they keep us in. There are people on VJ who filed in July who are already being approved and here I still sit, not approved, and I filed in May, I should be moving on to the NVC now, but noooooo, they have to make us suffer just a little bit longer. I talked to my husband this morning and explained the situation this morning. We are realling hoping that the change to today's date on I-130 means they are now actively working on our petition. We will stay positive and think that maybe by the end of this week or beginning of next, we will see our approval.

Thanks again,

Deb

I-130

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck to you,

Deb

Deb,

Deb,

We have not forgotten you. Keep your hopes up. We are all here for you. Maybe Santa will bring you a nice some nice shiny approvals for Christmas! Dont lose hope. I know how terrible you must feel being the only one left...Lets just USCIS employees get yours done before the Christmas holidays.

take care,

A

I-130:

05/26/07: Mailed USPS; 05/31/07: Priority Date established
09/13/07: Received NOA1 (PD 5/31, RD 5/31, ND 9/10, PM 9/11)
11/15/07: Case Approved
11/20/07: Received NOA2 by mail (PD 5/31, RD 6/9, ND 11/15, PM 11/19)

I-129F:
06/27/07: Mailed USPS; 07/09/07: Received NOA1 (PD N/A, RD 7/2, ND 7/6, PM 7/6)
11/20/07: Received NOA2 by mail (PD N/A, RD 7/6, ND 11/15, PM 11/19)
12/10/07: NVC Received case (12/24/07: Received Packet 3 in the mail)
01/02/08: Email from consulate. Interview scheduled on 01/23. Interview letter in the mail.
01/23/08: Interview in Vancouver Approved
01/24/08: K-3 Visa granted

I-485/I-765 (AOS/EAD):
02/22/08: Mailed USPS; 03/03/08: Received both I-797C NOAs by mail (RD 2/24, ND 2/29, PM 2/29)
03/19/08: Biometrics
05/07/08: EAD card received
07/28/08: Interview Notice Received. (ND 7/23)
09/29/08: Interview - Approved Class CR6

10/18/08: Received welcome letter; 10/23/08: Received Conditional Permanent Resident Card (PM 10/21)

I-751 (Remove Condition)

07/01/10: Mailed USPS
07/16/10: Received I-797C NOA by mail (RD 7/12)
07/29/10: Biometrics Appt Scheduled for 08/19/10 (ND 7/26)

09/16/10: Condition lifted and Permanent Resident Card Printed

09/25/10: Permanent Resident Card received

N-400 (Citizenship):
03/03/14: Mailed USPS
03/15/14: Received I-797C NOA by mail (PD 3/6, RD 3/06, ND 3/10)
03/17/14: Biometrics Appt Scheduled for 03/27/14 (ND 3/13)

04/03/14: Placed inline for interview scheduling

06/04/14: Interview Notice Received with Interview scheduled for 7/8. (ND 6/4)

07/08/14: Interview + RFE. Response Mailed 7/12. Website updated on 8/21 that response received. 8/25 Placed in queue for oath.

09/05/14: Oath Ceremony Letter Received (ND 9/2)

09/17/14: Oath Ceremony / Naturalized

PD = Priority Date, RD= Receipt Date, ND = Notice Date, PM = Post Marked

Timeline

Good luck to you,

Deb

Deb,

Thanks My Honey! It really helps when there is someone else out there that has gone through the same things as you to keep you feeling like there will be a light at the end of this long, grueling, dark tunnel they keep us in. There are people on VJ who filed in July who are already being approved and here I still sit, not approved, and I filed in May, I should be moving on to the NVC now, but noooooo, they have to make us suffer just a little bit longer. I talked to my husband this morning and explained the situation this morning. We are realling hoping that the change to today's date on I-130 means they are now actively working on our petition. We will stay positive and think that maybe by the end of this week or beginning of next, we will see our approval.

Thanks again,

Deb

I filed our application on April 12, 2007 and were approved on November 20, 2007. But, we are still waiting to see if NVC has received our applications. I will hope very soon CSC sends your approvals!!

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

Timeline

Good luck to you,

Deb

Deb,

Deb,

We have not forgotten you. Keep your hopes up. We are all here for you. Maybe Santa will bring you a nice some nice shiny approvals for Christmas! Dont lose hope. I know how terrible you must feel being the only one left...Lets just USCIS employees get yours done before the Christmas holidays.

take care,

A

Hi A,

Thanks for your encouragement also. The lady yesterday told me over the phone that my petition is on someone's desk right now, so I think I will get the Christmas present I want, an approval, lol! As you can see in my timeline, this morning the date on my I-130 has changed to today's date and I-129F was changed to yesterday's date, maybe phone call generated, but I am focusing on the one that shows today's date which I want to believe is the adjudicator working on the case hopefully. My husband is excited because I told him the news this morning when we chatted online. He is having a dinner this Sunday at his mother's house this Sunday in honor of our marriage (traditional celebration) and then he will host another one when I go to Lagos for his interview which I hope will be by January. I have money saved enough to go to Lagos at any given moment, lol, so I hope it gets approved soon so I can celebrate with my husband and his family for an approved interview, lol.

Thanks everyone for keeping me encouraged. I really need it right now more than you know. Feeling really depressed.

Good luck at the NVC.

Deb

I-130

Timeline

Good luck to you,

Deb

Deb,

Deb,

take care,

A

Hi A,

Thanks for your encouragement also. The lady yesterday told me over the phone that my petition is on someone's desk right now, so I think I will get the Christmas present I want, an approval, lol! As you can see in my timeline, this morning the date on my I-130 has changed to today's date and I-129F was changed to yesterday's date, maybe phone call generated, but I am focusing on the one that shows today's date which I want to believe is the adjudicator working on the case hopefully. My husband is excited because I told him the news this morning when we chatted online. He is having a dinner this Sunday at his mother's house this Sunday in honor of our marriage (traditional celebration) and then he will host another one when I go to Lagos for his interview which I hope will be by January. I have money saved enough to go to Lagos at any given moment, lol, so I hope it gets approved soon so I can celebrate with my husband and his family for an approved interview, lol.

Thanks everyone for keeping me encouraged. I really need it right now more than you know. Feeling really depressed.

Good luck at the NVC.

Deb

Good luck to you,

Deb

Deb,

Thanks again,

Deb

I filed our application on April 12, 2007 and were approved on November 20, 2007. But, we are still waiting to see if NVC has received our applications. I will hope very soon CSC sends your approvals!!

Oh, you were one month over due also then. Then you can empathize with how I feel. Did you call CSC to inquire about your petition? Thanks for hoping...so am I.

I-130

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Deb,

i am also hoping our interview in is january as well. Depnding on how quickly your embassy schedules interviews, you might have yours sooner than the rest of us ! Imagine that hahahah that would be great. I know it really sucks waiting. I am basically sitting at my job waiting to quit...no motivation to do anything but pack my stuff in boxes(not even for shopping!!! now thats sick). The most annoying thing about this whole process is people cant here (in canada) keep asking me why canadians have to wait so long and how i should just move there regardless of whether or not I have a visa. Freaks.

A

I-130:

05/26/07: Mailed USPS; 05/31/07: Priority Date established
09/13/07: Received NOA1 (PD 5/31, RD 5/31, ND 9/10, PM 9/11)
11/15/07: Case Approved
11/20/07: Received NOA2 by mail (PD 5/31, RD 6/9, ND 11/15, PM 11/19)

I-129F:
06/27/07: Mailed USPS; 07/09/07: Received NOA1 (PD N/A, RD 7/2, ND 7/6, PM 7/6)
11/20/07: Received NOA2 by mail (PD N/A, RD 7/6, ND 11/15, PM 11/19)
12/10/07: NVC Received case (12/24/07: Received Packet 3 in the mail)
01/02/08: Email from consulate. Interview scheduled on 01/23. Interview letter in the mail.
01/23/08: Interview in Vancouver Approved
01/24/08: K-3 Visa granted

I-485/I-765 (AOS/EAD):
02/22/08: Mailed USPS; 03/03/08: Received both I-797C NOAs by mail (RD 2/24, ND 2/29, PM 2/29)
03/19/08: Biometrics
05/07/08: EAD card received
07/28/08: Interview Notice Received. (ND 7/23)
09/29/08: Interview - Approved Class CR6

10/18/08: Received welcome letter; 10/23/08: Received Conditional Permanent Resident Card (PM 10/21)

I-751 (Remove Condition)

07/01/10: Mailed USPS
07/16/10: Received I-797C NOA by mail (RD 7/12)
07/29/10: Biometrics Appt Scheduled for 08/19/10 (ND 7/26)

09/16/10: Condition lifted and Permanent Resident Card Printed

09/25/10: Permanent Resident Card received

N-400 (Citizenship):
03/03/14: Mailed USPS
03/15/14: Received I-797C NOA by mail (PD 3/6, RD 3/06, ND 3/10)
03/17/14: Biometrics Appt Scheduled for 03/27/14 (ND 3/13)

04/03/14: Placed inline for interview scheduling

06/04/14: Interview Notice Received with Interview scheduled for 7/8. (ND 6/4)

07/08/14: Interview + RFE. Response Mailed 7/12. Website updated on 8/21 that response received. 8/25 Placed in queue for oath.

09/05/14: Oath Ceremony Letter Received (ND 9/2)

09/17/14: Oath Ceremony / Naturalized

PD = Priority Date, RD= Receipt Date, ND = Notice Date, PM = Post Marked

Timeline
Deb,

i am also hoping our interview in is january as well. Depnding on how quickly your embassy schedules interviews, you might have yours sooner than the rest of us ! Imagine that hahahah that would be great. I know it really sucks waiting. I am basically sitting at my job waiting to quit...no motivation to do anything but pack my stuff in boxes(not even for shopping!!! now thats sick). The most annoying thing about this whole process is people cant here (in canada) keep asking me why canadians have to wait so long and how i should just move there regardless of whether or not I have a visa. Freaks.

A

A,

I understand what you mean about people asking why we don't move there with our SO. There are a couple of reasons why I can't do that...one being that I cannot do my job from Nigeria, and second I have one more child left at home that is only 14 years old and I don't think he would appreciate being pulled from his friends here in the states to be placed in an international school in a foreign country with kids he doesn't know. He has ADHD and is doing really well this year...making straight A's and not getting in trouble at school hardly at all this year. I don't want to ruin the good thing he has going just to move to Lagos and my husband understands that. Otherwise, I would find something that I could do as a job in Lagos in a heartbeat and live with my husband there.

As far as how long it takes to get an interview date in Nigeria, I was looking at Ara's timeline and she had her petition approved in the sixth month and had an interview date by the next month, so if I can get my petition approved this month, then I am hoping that his interview should be some time in January. We are both in prayer right now that God does His wonder. I hate all this waiting...

Deb

I-130

Timeline

Good luck to you,

Deb

Deb,

Deb,

take care,

A

Hi A,

Good luck at the NVC.

Deb

Good luck to you,

Deb

Deb,

Thanks again,

Deb

Oh, you were one month over due also then. Then you can empathize with how I feel. Did you call CSC to inquire about your petition? Thanks for hoping...so am I.

When USCIS finally approved our applications in 18 more days our application would have hit the 8 month mark. How crazy is that? I did the RFE trick and found out truely our I-130 had an RFE. Which delayed the process even more. But, now this is behind us and if you telephone USCIS they will delay your applications. These people are very difficult and again its at there slow speed..... Good luck!! :)

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

Timeline

My Honey,

In my case, telephoning definitely helped. I checked just now and the date for my I-129F has changed to today's date, 12/6/07 from 12/5/07 from this morning, so they are definitely working on our case. I didn't call them too much, just twice to make sure they were on someone's desk to look at. I was satisfied after yesterday's call, so I will leave them alone now and patiently wait for the approval.

Deb

I-130

Timeline
My Honey,

In my case, telephoning definitely helped. I checked just now and the date for my I-129F has changed to today's date, 12/6/07 from 12/5/07 from this morning, so they are definitely working on our case. I didn't call them too much, just twice to make sure they were on someone's desk to look at. I was satisfied after yesterday's call, so I will leave them alone now and patiently wait for the approval.

Deb

When you know it finally reached the official desk they will probably begin adjudicating. Its a wise thing not to call to often because every telephone call is documented and you will be questioned on it. (The operators are not to friendly) I hope you hear something soon and it sounds like your applications are underway... :thumbs:

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.