G&A

*** K-3 May and June 2007 Filers ***

2,023 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kathryn, did you try the CIS Ombudsman route?

http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm

Also, i would send a letter to

Mr. Alfonso Aguilar

Chief of the Office of Citizenship

8201 Peters Road, Suite 1000

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33324 USA

and explain your situation and the impact of the CR1 on your family based on timelines of prior cases in Nigeria.

G

I-130:

05/26/07: Mailed USPS; 05/31/07: Priority Date established
09/13/07: Received NOA1 (PD 5/31, RD 5/31, ND 9/10, PM 9/11)
11/15/07: Case Approved
11/20/07: Received NOA2 by mail (PD 5/31, RD 6/9, ND 11/15, PM 11/19)

I-129F:
06/27/07: Mailed USPS; 07/09/07: Received NOA1 (PD N/A, RD 7/2, ND 7/6, PM 7/6)
11/20/07: Received NOA2 by mail (PD N/A, RD 7/6, ND 11/15, PM 11/19)
12/10/07: NVC Received case (12/24/07: Received Packet 3 in the mail)
01/02/08: Email from consulate. Interview scheduled on 01/23. Interview letter in the mail.
01/23/08: Interview in Vancouver Approved
01/24/08: K-3 Visa granted

I-485/I-765 (AOS/EAD):
02/22/08: Mailed USPS; 03/03/08: Received both I-797C NOAs by mail (RD 2/24, ND 2/29, PM 2/29)
03/19/08: Biometrics
05/07/08: EAD card received
07/28/08: Interview Notice Received. (ND 7/23)
09/29/08: Interview - Approved Class CR6

10/18/08: Received welcome letter; 10/23/08: Received Conditional Permanent Resident Card (PM 10/21)

I-751 (Remove Condition)

07/01/10: Mailed USPS
07/16/10: Received I-797C NOA by mail (RD 7/12)
07/29/10: Biometrics Appt Scheduled for 08/19/10 (ND 7/26)

09/16/10: Condition lifted and Permanent Resident Card Printed

09/25/10: Permanent Resident Card received

N-400 (Citizenship):
03/03/14: Mailed USPS
03/15/14: Received I-797C NOA by mail (PD 3/6, RD 3/06, ND 3/10)
03/17/14: Biometrics Appt Scheduled for 03/27/14 (ND 3/13)

04/03/14: Placed inline for interview scheduling

06/04/14: Interview Notice Received with Interview scheduled for 7/8. (ND 6/4)

07/08/14: Interview + RFE. Response Mailed 7/12. Website updated on 8/21 that response received. 8/25 Placed in queue for oath.

09/05/14: Oath Ceremony Letter Received (ND 9/2)

09/17/14: Oath Ceremony / Naturalized

PD = Priority Date, RD= Receipt Date, ND = Notice Date, PM = Post Marked

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey, Kelly1920! Just wanted to thank you for your post. Something tells me this is EXACTLY that is happening to my case. See, NOA1 on my I-130 is June 18th. Due to similar situation to yours, NOA1 on my I-129F is August 20th. Till now, there hasn't been a single touch. Nothing! In a couple of weeks it will be 6 months since I started all this, so I will immediately call USCIS. I am pretty sure my case is also in some sort of A file or how ever they call it, since I didn't pay the fee for the I-129F.

I will let you know how it goes for me, but your story really made sense for me. Thanks a lot!

I-130, I-129F

June, 07: Sent I-130, CSC

July, 07: Sent I-129F, CSC

March,08: I-130, I-129F Approved

Sept,08: Interview in Bogota, Approved

AOS

Oct, 08: AOS and EAD docs. mailed to Chicago

Oct, 08: NOA1

Nov, 08: Biometrics

Mar, 09: AOS Interview. Approved

Apr, 09: GC Received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Congratulations to all the latest approvals. I am in Europe for 2 weeks so have limited access to VJ. I did have some time today to go thru the thread and update the table.

Divine Mercy, Sorry to hear about your 129F. I created a new black shading for you but i am also going to stay hopeful. Keep working your 130 but also try to not give up on the 129F in parallel. Keep harassing your congressmen and senators... What they are doing to your case is not fair!

Deb, Don't be depressed. I hope and i am sure your case will go thru shortly. Glad that you pinged the USCIS. Hopefully they would pay a bit more attention to it.

We are still waiting to for our case to get to the NVC. I have not called them yet as i am travelling and do not want to hold on the phone for 30 mins from Europe. I will wait and call them in a week when i get back.

Good luck to all!

G

G&A, Thanks, I won't give up and I'll try with the senators but I really don't have any hope that it will do any good. The one senator's office's immigration guy is a total moron. He butchers the most straightforward requests, this will make his head explode. The other senator's office hasn't gotten back to me. I think I'm going to take a USCIS press release to him which shows what they did was not "policy". Maybe he can get them to answer for that. Last I talked to them my case was still "pending" but will be terminated once its off the shelf. Thank you for crossing out my I129F with black, I have been given the kiss of death after all. Have a great time on your trip!

Deb,

I understand how you feel. It is sad watching everyone get approved while you are still pending. Now I will have the pleasure of watching everyone's spouses enter america while I'll still be waiting for an interview (Lagos CR1 interviews do take AT LEAST 10 months and the majority of them end up in AP which lasts another year or so, CR1 in Lagos is basically a death sentence). We might very likely be celebrating our 2 year anniversary before he comes in which case I'll get to see my son turn 3 before he lives with his father. Hang in there, at least you are still in the running for a K3. I know it's hard and frustrating, count your blessings. Having your husband's passport picture issue all messed up might have saved you from my fate, since they seem to focus on the fact that you filed the I129F after the fee increase. Maybe that would have saved me, who knows. They all seem to make up whatever they want.

I don't believe it will take them another 30-60 days to approve your petition. They are just giving you an over estimate to cover their own butts.

Good luck!

Kathryn,

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I saw some of your posts but was at a loss of words as to what to say. My heart went out to you and I really didn't know what to say or do to help you feel better. All I could do was keep you in my prayers that things would work out somehow. I believe that God can make a way when there seems to be no way. We have to trust and believe in Him. After all, what God has brought together, let no man put asunder (that includes the USCIS). I really don't see how filing the I-129F before or after the increase helps or does not help anyone's situation. Why do they focus on that? That seemed to make the difference to her as to whether I was out of processing time or not. Why????? Maybe someone more knowledgeable and experienced could give me an explanation for that???? Would really like to know.

Maybe using James' shortcuts will help cut some time off of your wait for CR1 and pray over everything and maybe that will keep you out of AP or any more delays.

Good luck to you Kathryn! You can talk to me on yahoo anytime you need a shoulder to cry on.

Thanks Deb. I wouldn't know what to say to someone in my shoes either so I completely understand your silence. I know how compassionate you are. This news made lots of people sad not just me. These people are not held accountable for anything. It's so frustrating. I'm not worried about the NVC stage, that seems to go quick enough as long as I can gather the necessary information quickly. It's the long ### wait at the embassy that kills. Just when I thought it wasn't going to get worse my husband tells me today that as of January he will be unemployed. That wouldn't have been a big deal before now because the interview would have been shortly after. Now... it's bad bad news for us. I don't believe that God will do anything to make this better. He hasn't helped this far. The only thing I always had to cling to.. faith.. has been crushed now too. I hope to see some happy news for everyone soon so we can stop frowning for a few minutes each day.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Kathryn, did you try the CIS Ombudsman route?

http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm

Also, i would send a letter to

Mr. Alfonso Aguilar

Chief of the Office of Citizenship

8201 Peters Road, Suite 1000

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33324 USA

and explain your situation and the impact of the CR1 on your family based on timelines of prior cases in Nigeria.

G

Thank you so much G. I heard of Ombudsman but didn't really know what it was all about. How do you have this information? nevermind.. I'm just happy you passed it along. I will do what gogo did and email the white house, I will try the Ombudsman route, my senators (who are complete idiots) and a letter to this Aguilar guy. Thank you so much for all your help. You just restored an ounce of hope in my dismal existence. God bless you! (if God actually does that anymore).

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I am starting a new thread for all those filing I-130's in May and June. I am going to be filing in 1 to 2 weeks. :dance:

Any thoughts from those of you in this May/June filing period, on why my eleven year old daughter received completed processing (Consulate number and fee bill notice) very fast for her I-130, which was approved and forwarded to the NVC on the same day as mom's I-130 and their combined I-129F, for K-3/4 and not my spouse ??

I have checked both the automated system as of today and the live person yesterday, and there is no record yet for my wife's I-130 or the combined I-129F entering the NVC system.

I have seen several others leave the CSC and process out of the NVC in just two weeks or even a few in less time.

Is this normal to have the child pass through two weeks or more before the mom ?? Are there any other K-3 or K-3/4 filers who are still waiting for the NVC pass, who are close to my time line ??

After the long NOA-2 wait, I guess I am anxious to get that P-3 without delay on top of delay.

I-130 for CR-1/CR-2 Timeline:

Married in Guangzhou, China 12-2006.

05/03/07: I-130's for CR-1 and CR-2 mailed to CSC via USPS

06/23/07: NOA-1/I-797C's.

11/06/07: NOA-2’s were issued. CR-1/2 Abandoned, for K-3/4.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I-129F for K-3/K-4 Timeline:

06/11/07: I-129F for K-3/K-4 mailed to Chicago.

06/13/07: Received at Chicago.

06/15/07: Received NOA-1 Form I-797C, from Chicago.

06/26/07: E-mail notice of transfer to the CSC.

11/06/07: NOA-2 approval issued for the I-129F.

12/06/07: I-129F for K-3/4 has been received at the NVC.

06/02/08: Interview passed at US Consulate Guangzhou

06/06/08: Return together and arrive at POE LAX.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS K-3/K-4 I-485/I-765 Timeline:

03-25-09: Mailed files.

03-27-09: Received at Chicago.

04-02-09: NOA’s for (K-3 and K-4) I-485 and I-765.

04-03-09: Both checks ($1010.00 and $600.00) cashed.

04-07-09: NOA’s Biometrics Appt.

04-14-09: Both I-765 files entered into the online system.

04-24-09: Biometrics appt. completed.

05-07-09: NOA with Interview Date of June 16, 2009.

05-21-09: Now have both I-485 files viewable.

05-23-09: EAD card production ordered x2.

06-01-09: EAD cards received in mail.

06-18-09: AOS Interviews completed and GC production ordered.

06-22-09: Welcome letters received.

07-07-09: 10 year Green Cards arrive. PM 07-01-09.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Congrats to the people who have received their approvals!

Deb,

Please hang in there! So glad you called to see what the heck is going on. Remember, they told me my petitions were on the shelf on Nov 7th and they had never been touched and then lo & behold, approval came on Nov 15th. I expect you will see something from them soon.

~Tomeca

Tomeca,

I am glad also that I called or we would have still been waiting. However, you got a mean person to answer your call. This lady was very kind and helpful and asked questions of me instead of the other way around. She said she would pull our file and place it on an adjudicator's desk since it was out of processing time. So "wait and see". Isn't that what we are always doing???? :blink:

Deb

Deb,

It's great you got a nice lady! I called NVC on Thursday to check to see if they had received our I-129F yet. The lady was extremely polite. The whole call, waiting and all, only lasted about 7 minutes. I couldn't believe it after the lady I talked to at CSC. Yes, waiting is what we do. We should all be pros by now.

Tomeca

Met online in 04/06.

Officially engaged on 12/12/06.

Flew for first time - heading to Lagos on 03/08/07.

Met in person on 03/09/07.

Married in Lagos, Nigeria on 03/15/07.

I-130 mailed 05/01/07.

I-130 receipt date: 05/03/07.

I-130 NOA1 date 05/25/07.

I-130 NOA2 date 11/15/07 APPROVED!!!!!

I-129F mailed 6/26/07.

I-129F receipt date: 06/28/07.

I-129 NOA1 date 07/03/07.

I-129F transferred from Missouri NBC to CA date: 07/03/07.

I-129F CA received date 07/24/07.

I-129F APPROVED 11/15/07!!!!!

I-129F petition received at NVC and case number generated 12/10/07 (got#on phone)

I-129F petition left NVC for embassy: 12/12/07 per call to NVC!!!

Letter sent from NVC on 12/13/07; received on 12/18/07

Picked up pkt 3 & 4 from embassy on 12/27/07.

Interview Date: 03/10/08 Approved!!!

Our 1 yr wedding anniversary! 3/15/08

Arriving home 3/18/08

Timeline

Deb,

Please hang in there! So glad you called to see what the heck is going on. Remember, they told me my petitions were on the shelf on Nov 7th and they had never been touched and then lo & behold, approval came on Nov 15th. I expect you will see something from them soon.

~Tomeca

Tomeca,

I am glad also that I called or we would have still been waiting. However, you got a mean person to answer your call. This lady was very kind and helpful and asked questions of me instead of the other way around. She said she would pull our file and place it on an adjudicator's desk since it was out of processing time. So "wait and see". Isn't that what we are always doing???? :blink:

Deb

Deb,

It's great you got a nice lady! I called NVC on Thursday to check to see if they had received our I-129F yet. The lady was extremely polite. The whole call, waiting and all, only lasted about 7 minutes. I couldn't believe it after the lady I talked to at CSC. Yes, waiting is what we do. We should all be pros by now.

Tomeca

Tomeca,

Apparently, the lady kept to her word and actually put our file on someone's desk because the I-130 was touched today (Sunday), but no touch on I-129F. Hope they don't pull something like they did with Kathryn and approve my I-130 and let the K-3 sit so long that they terminate it. (I pray that they don't).

Deb

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Deb,

~Tomeca

Tomeca,

Deb

Deb,

Tomeca

Tomeca,

Apparently, the lady kept to her word and actually put our file on someone's desk because the I-130 was touched today (Sunday), but no touch on I-129F. Hope they don't pull something like they did with Kathryn and approve my I-130 and let the K-3 sit so long that they terminate it. (I pray that they don't).

Deb

Don't worry Kelly I hope this is it (the nice B) sweet :star: approval), and the touch to apear on your I-130 but not in your I-129F is usual nowdays with many of the late approvals in Vjer's, like my case, I hope you get your approval for both by mail tomorrow :yes:

For those of you waiting NOA2, I hope and pray for you to get it no later then this week :) ... and go to the next step

[...Life without my WIFE... Like fifty without FIVE...=0]

Timeline

Deb,

~Tomeca

Tomeca,

Deb

Deb,

Tomeca

Tomeca,

Deb

Don't worry Kelly I hope this is it (the nice B) sweet :star: approval), and the touch to apear on your I-130 but not in your I-129F is usual nowdays with many of the late approvals in Vjer's, like my case, I hope you get your approval for both by mail tomorrow :yes:

For those of you waiting NOA2, I hope and pray for you to get it no later then this week :) ... and go to the next step

Thanks Wintime, but I think my hopes have been dashed again. There was only the one touch on Sunday and nothing since. USCIS likes to dangle a carrot in front of your face and get you excited and then snatch it back, lol! This whole process is about to make me crazy :wacko: I will be making another call if I don't see some movement by Thursday. I am one of the last on G&A's chart to get approved and we are now over their processing times as of Nov. 18 and now it is Dec. Thanks for your words of encouragement though! They are much appreciated!

Deb

I-130

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great week. I don't think too many people are left to write on this thread but me. I am really feeling lonely on this thread since most everyone on this thread has been approved but me :crying:. To update everyone, I just called USCIS and she assured me that our petition is now on an adjudicator's desk and of course, they felt the need to tell me that I just called on Nov. 30 and that I should give more time than just three days for them to approve the petition. I let her know that I was calling to find out if it was actually on someone's desk and now that I have that assurance, I am satisfied and will let them do their job. Some have no clue or compassion for the inordinate amount of waiting a couple has already done before they start calling their office. I have never bothered them at all until my petition was past the processing date and now that I know it is on someone's desk, I will leave them alone and wait patiently for their decision.

Thanks for listening,

Deb

I-130

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great week. I don't think too many people are left to write on this thread but me. I am really feeling lonely on this thread since most everyone on this thread has been approved but me :crying:. To update everyone, I just called USCIS and she assured me that our petition is now on an adjudicator's desk and of course, they felt the need to tell me that I just called on Nov. 30 and that I should give more time than just three days for them to approve the petition. I let her know that I was calling to find out if it was actually on someone's desk and now that I have that assurance, I am satisfied and will let them do their job. Some have no clue or compassion for the inordinate amount of waiting a couple has already done before they start calling their office. I have never bothered them at all until my petition was past the processing date and now that I know it is on someone's desk, I will leave them alone and wait patiently for their decision.

Thanks for listening,

Deb

Hi Deb,

no, I have not been approved until now. Next week on Dec. 12 will be six month since I started to file the I-130. But no answer from USCIS. I am very depressed

and angry at the USCIS-Working. I don't know whether I can call them now or not? On next Wednesday is the 6.months over. I am really frustrated now.

Last week my case is touched, but my status haven't been changed. Is it a good sign?

How is it, can I call the USCIS next week and ask about my status, or should I wait 30 days after this timeframe?

I hope our cases will be approved very very soon. I don't now what to do, if I should wait more!?!?!

Thanks!

Amoro

Edited by amoro

Timeline
Hello everyone,

Thanks for listening,

Deb

Hi Deb,

no, I have not been approved until now. Next week on Dec. 12 will be six month since I started to file the I-130. But no answer from USCIS. I am very depressed

and angry at the USCIS-Working. I don't know whether I can call them now or not? On next Wednesday is the 6.months over. I am really frustrated now.

Last week my case is touched, but my status haven't been changed. Is it a good sign?

How is it, can I call the USCIS next week and ask about my status, or should I wait 30 days after this timeframe?

I hope our cases will be approved very very soon. I don't now what to do, if I should wait more!?!?!

Thanks!

Amoro

Hi Amoro,

I started calling because I am now more than two weeks over the processing time. I wouldn't start calling them until you are at or over the six-month mark. They will just tell you to wait until then anyway. That way, they will be more apt to pull your file if you are over the processing goal. It might be a good sign that your case was touched. That means someone has picked up your file and looked at it. It has been the norm for people to see touches and the status not change lately. Some people don't see any touches, but still get approval notices in the snail mail. I would wait a couple of weeks to call if I were you.

Good luck!

Deb

I-130

Keep your hopes up, you two :) Your approval can't be far away now :)

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
Hello everyone,

Thanks for listening,

Deb

Hi Deb,

Thanks!

Amoro

my husband is angered by this situation, we will wait 6 months, this is next Thursday 13 and these day He will call to USCIS and ask for an explanation,I am really frustrated also

MARRIAGE 23/01/2006 IN HONDURAS

06/13/2007 send I-130

06/26/2007 notice date NOA1

07/24/2007 send I-129f

08/27/2007 NOA1

10/26/2007--Touched ( because I made a phone call to USCIS )

12/18/2007--Touched

01/23/2008-- second anniversary of wedding

01/29/2008--touched

01/30/2008--approved I130 and I129f in 231 days

02/01/2008--touched again

15/02/2008--NVC

20/02/2008--Embassy Honduras

04/01/2008--interview

04/01/2008--visa approved

04/02/2008--visa in my hands

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.