dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2019

1,541 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Arcangel said:

Anyone have any idea how long the approval  takes after you submit your documents to NVC?( assuming no errors /RFE etc)

My guess is 2 weeks? Anyone have any experience with that or saw someone post anything lately ?

i submitted on Thur 31 Jan 

Seems like it is taking 1.5-2.5 weeks for case complete now. It’s best to ask that question in the case complete forum for a more accurate answer though. 

Edited by SM&RM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Arcangel said:

Anyone have any idea how long the approval  takes after you submit your documents to NVC?( assuming no errors /RFE etc)

My guess is 2 weeks? Anyone have any experience with that or saw someone post anything lately ?

I been seeing 2 weeks

21 hours ago, kalikala said:

Hi guys

I submitted an explanation for not filing taxes and wrote a comment in the Tax Transcript required document type to refer to the explanation statement in the additional documents section.

But NVC has sent a message saying they require the 2017 IRS transcript.

"Additional support documentation is required. Please upload and submit XXX's 2017 IRS transcript. A transcript can be obtained on the IRS's website: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript. If a tax transcript was not required to be filed, submit an explanation for not filing."

Not sure what to do here because they accepted the statement for not filing taxes. Did anyone experience this also?

1252104721_ScreenShot2019-02-02at9_57_53AM.png.7d45400258d26dc32b14226802a01241.png

If anyone is interested, I called NVC and they advised that I need to upload the statement for not filing document as the “federal income tax return or transcript” document type or label. 

Even though I had uploaded this already with the “explanation for not filing taxes” document type or label, it needed to be labeled as the tax return or transcript (even though it’s not actually the tax return or transcript). 

I asked them why and they said it needed to be that label so it can be sent to the embassy. 

I asked why this wasn’t made more clear so I could have done this properly the first time but all they said was that the system isn’t that advanced yet. 

So I am a bit annoyed that it’s now going to take another 2-3 weeks for them to review this. But I hope it helps anyone in the future. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, kalikala said:

If anyone is interested, I called NVC and they advised that I need to upload the statement for not filing document as the “federal income tax return or transcript” document type or label. 

Even though I had uploaded this already with the “explanation for not filing taxes” document type or label, it needed to be labeled as the tax return or transcript (even though it’s not actually the tax return or transcript). 

I asked them why and they said it needed to be that label so it can be sent to the embassy. 

I asked why this wasn’t made more clear so I could have done this properly the first time but all they said was that the system isn’t that advanced yet. 

So I am a bit annoyed that it’s now going to take another 2-3 weeks for them to review this. But I hope it helps anyone in the future. 

Thank you for sharing. I knew it would be a simple fix, sorry about the delay. 

5 hours ago, MrsBK said:

Hey Everyone, my husband and I received our case number last night. 

NVC received our case December 10 2018

Got our case number February 1 2019

We've both tried logging in the CEAC website with the case number but its not going through. Is anyone else experiencing this at all?

Currently at NVC stage . Paid my fees yesterday. For those who have gone this process and have a Cc . May I know exactly what must be submitted for affidavit of support? Thanks 🙏🏾 

6 hours ago, Arcangel said:

I submitted Jan 18th and still nothing so it's more than two weeks for me so far. But I have seen other people who submitted on the 18th that have gotten a response, seems a bit hard to tell at the moment! Fingers crossed it's under 3 weeks, I've been having nightmares about our documents getting rejected 😫

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Olori said:

Currently at NVC stage . Paid my fees yesterday. For those who have gone this process and have a Cc . May I know exactly what must be submitted for affidavit of support? Thanks 🙏🏾 

this is the best place to ask that question. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

this is the best place to ask that question. 

You will have to provide a lot more information in order for someone to answer this question. Are you using just the petitioners income, do you have a joint sponsor and are they a household member or not, is the petitioner self employed? In order to know the answer to your question you will have to provide some of these details. An appropriate affidavit of support is needed, 2018 or 2017 tax transcript or return. I would also upload W2’s for the most current year tax return that has been filed. 2016 tax return and if using 2017 transcript I would include 2015 tax transcript. Tax transcripts are recommended over tax returns. You can provide paystubs for the past 3-6 months and a job letter. The more you prove your income is stable and well above the poverty level the better. 

8 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

You will have to provide a lot more information in order for someone to answer this question. Are you using just the petitioners income, do you have a joint sponsor and are they a household member or not, is the petitioner self employed? In order to know the answer to your question you will have to provide some of these details. An appropriate affidavit of support is needed, 2018 or 2017 tax transcript or return. I would also upload W2’s for the most current year tax return that has been filed. 2016 tax return and if using 2017 transcript I would include 2015 tax transcript. Tax transcripts are recommended over tax returns. You can provide paystubs for the past 3-6 months and a job letter. The more you prove your income is stable and well above the poverty level the better. 

Thank you for your response. I am the petitioner , I currently live with my parents. I plan moving once my husband interview is granted. I officially started working in 2017 and currently still working. So what do you suggest I submitted for the affidavit of support? Thanks again 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Olori said:

Thank you for your response. I am the petitioner , I currently live with my parents. I plan moving once my husband interview is granted. I officially started working in 2017 and currently still working. So what do you suggest I submitted for the affidavit of support? Thanks again 

Will your parents have to Co-Sponsor, or your income is enough to sponsor your spouse yourself? You should create a timeline with all your information up until NVC stage also. 

1 minute ago, SM&RM said:

Will your parents have to Co-Sponsor, or your income is enough to sponsor your spouse yourself? You should create a timeline with all your information up until NVC stage also. 

I Currently make close 50k annualy . However I started working July 2017 , so my tax return wasn’t much for 2107. If I wanted to use my parents, how do I go about that? Do I just upload theit tax returns as well as mine ? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Olori said:

I Currently make close 50k annualy . However I started working July 2017 , so my tax return wasn’t much for 2107. If I wanted to use my parents, how do I go about that? Do I just upload theit tax returns as well as mine ? 

You would complete I-864 and one of them would complete I-864A.  You would have to upload your birth certificate showing your relationship to them and evidence that they are U.S. citizens passport or birth certificate. You will need their tax transcripts and W2’s . 

2 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

You would complete I-864 and one of them would complete I-864A.  You would have to upload your birth certificate showing your relationship to them and evidence that they are U.S. citizens passport or birth certificate. You will need their tax transcripts and W2’s . 

Ok sounds good . Thank you so much . Will the I-864 and I-864A be on the ceac or that’s something I have to request for ?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Olori said:

Ok sounds good . Thank you so much . Will the I-864 and I-864A be on the ceac or that’s something I have to request for ?

You can find it here 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.