dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2019

1,541 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, AMCEH said:

Did you already mail yours in and it went through okay like that? How long does it take to get your tax return back after mailing it in? Thank you!! 

I am going to mail it tomorrow or Thurs! @SM&RM told me it takes about 6 weeks ugh! It should be accepted without any issue though yes.  But what I’m doing is saving my 1040 and W2s and will include a letter as to why the transcript isn’t in yet. That’s the best I can do haha

38 minutes ago, Eli4 said:

What does administrative process means? 

I mean why they do that?

I been doing alot of research about AP at NVC. Seem like the K1 visas gets this kind of AP alot but I am IR1 visa and haven’t seen anything like it. Call NVC every day just to tell me I am under necessary administrative process and dont have a time frame for this. I guess its just me

On 2/4/2019 at 9:42 PM, aiyito said:

Why will my co-sponsor needs to write a letter? I just upload  for him (you can see it on page 11) remember we dont share last name, we are not related at all and different address.

Proof of citizenship or LPR

Proof of US domicile (Driver License)

Form I-864

2017 Tax Return (Form 1040)

2017 3 different W2s in different files

Ayito you have been of a help. Pls which form will my petitioner fill knowing my joint sponsor fill 1-864. I heard they are not taking tax return again expect tax transcript. I don't know what to do. The tax return you submitted it is only 1040 or the whole forms inside the tax return. 

2 minutes ago, G502 said:

I been doing alot of research about AP at NVC. Seem like the K1 visas gets this kind of AP alot but I am IR1 visa and haven’t seen anything like it. Call NVC every day just to tell me I am under necessary administrative process and dont have a time frame for this. I guess its just me

Pls I want to ask did you submit tax return of tax transcript, we have a joint sponsor that will fill 1-864, so I don't know the one my petitioner will fill whether 1-864 or 1864ez

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

All docs/forms submitted: JAN/25

RFE Proof of Domicile: FEB/05 - My mistake, correction already uploaded and submitted.

Apart from that, All Docs Accepted Except: Joint Sponsor's I-864 and Proof of Citizenship / Joint Sponsor's Wife I-864A and Proof of Relationship

If there was no mistake I was supposed to have my case complete today? Or, they approve the documents in more than one step?

Now expecting a 15-day wait for the next change. Is this reasonable?

6 minutes ago, G502 said:

I’m really sorry☹️ I hope you get news from them very soon🙏

2 minutes ago, LMBZ said:

All docs/forms submitted: JAN/25

RFE Proof of Domicile: FEB/05 - My mistake, correction already uploaded and submitted.

Apart from that, All Docs Accepted Except: Joint Sponsor's I-864 and Proof of Citizenship / Joint Sponsor's Wife I-864A and Proof of Relationship

If there was no mistake I was supposed to have my case complete today? Or, they approve the documents in more than one step?

Now expecting a 15-day wait for the next change. Is this reasonable?

My joint wants to fill form 1-864 but which form will my petitioner fill is it 1-864 too? 

26 minutes ago, KJ2 said:

I am going to mail it tomorrow or Thurs! @SM&RM told me it takes about 6 weeks ugh! It should be accepted without any issue though yes.  But what I’m doing is saving my 1040 and W2s and will include a letter as to why the transcript isn’t in yet. That’s the best I can do haha

Thank you for your help! Are you still going to turn in your documents like your 1040 and W2's for 2018 with the letter as to why the transcript isnt ready? Or are you going to wait for the tax return document to be done after 6 weeks?

3 minutes ago, AMCEH said:

Thank you for your help! Are you still going to turn in your documents like your 1040 and W2's for 2018 with the letter as to why the transcript isnt ready? Or are you going to wait for the tax return document to be done after 6 weeks?

Just to be safe, I was going to submit all. Unless for some reason my case number takes 6 more weeks to receive, but it shouldn’t. So yes I think I’ll submit 1040 with W2 and an explanation as to why I don’t have a transcript! Hope it’s accepted 

9 minutes ago, KJ2 said:

Just to be safe, I was going to submit all. Unless for some reason my case number takes 6 more weeks to receive, but it shouldn’t. So yes I think I’ll submit 1040 with W2 and an explanation as to why I don’t have a transcript! Hope it’s accepted 

What should I do if my 2017 adjusted gross income is a tiny bit below the financial need but the 2018 is way above.  Could I just do the 2018 W2 with 1040 with a letter explaining and then also submit my 2017 tax transcript with w2?  Or would that not be enough?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, KJ2 said:

6-8 weeks is so long...SMH Because we have to mail in our returns it will take awhile for a transcript to be available. 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/transcript-availability

Edited by SM&RM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.