dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2019

1,541 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

Yes my 2018 is higher than 2017..even though i Make over the requirements for both years but im from a tough embassy

My 2018 is higher too, but both are way over the requirement. I will just be safe and submit my 2017 tax return and W2. Our paystubs and W2’s will show our current income like the other VJ member stated. 

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Angola
Timeline
35 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

True. Mine is not being audited, but I was giving an example that the IRS doesn’t even know until years later that the information provided was in error or fraudulent, so a transcript is not anymore accurate than a W2. I just don’t see the logic, but of course I will do what they want. 

Yup, they are catching many fraudelent returns for those that are claiming especially the earned income credit and additional child tax credit by holding such returns until mid February for verification etc. Its a part of the PATH act.

To further elaborate /using this example: lets say if a dishonest petitioner's income falls below the income requirements for their family size of 6.  In order to meet the I-864 requirements, they prepare a false 1040 and/or W2 and only include 1 of 6 or no dependents. But their actual return submitted to the IRS contains the 6 dependents and the real W2.

The NVC nor the embassy wont know that the 1040 and W2 are fake/inaccurate (unless they personally verify with SSA, employers etc).

In contrast, the tax transcript will reveal the facts and make it easier for them. Thus this new requirement (which is reasonable/understandable). 

We/you may not see the logic because our returns are legit...

Edited by KG2015

Timeline
15 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

My 2018 is higher too, but both are way over the requirement. I will just be safe and submit my 2017 tax return and W2. Our paystubs and W2’s will show our current income like the other VJ member stated. 

I meant 2017 tax transcript. I already have that anyway. Should we provide a letter why the 2018 is not available or NVC is not looking for 2018 tax transcript yet? I saw someone said they got an RFE for not submitting 2018 tax transcript....SMH so confusing. I want to do everything right the first time. 

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
6 minutes ago, KG2015 said:

Yup, they are catching many fraudelent returns for those that are claiming especially the earned income credit and additional child tax credit by holding such returns until mid February for verification etc. Its a part of the PATH act.

To further elaborate /using this example: lets say if a dishonest petitioner's income falls below the income requirements for their family size of 6.  In order to meet the I-864 requirements, they prepare a false 1040 and/or W2 and only include 1 of 6 or no dependents. But their actual return submitted to the IRS contains the 6 dependents and the real W2.

The NVC nor the embassy wont know that the 1040 and W2 are fake. In contrast, the tax transcript will reveal the facts. Thus this new requirement (which is reasonable/understandable). 

We/you may not see the logic because our returns are legit...

Thanks for the information. I only claimed my son. I claimed Head of Household and put NRA for my husbands social security number. For W-4 I put married withhold at a higher single rate. I still owe this year...Lol 

6 hours ago, SM&RM said:

That is just crazy. They make a decision last week and sends out no update. SMH. Wow! That’s a big help to everyone. Thank you. I figured a letter would be good enough. The first representatives information didn’t seem accurate to me. I will have to write a letter too, because my transcript won’t be available until late June. Make sure to submit the letter under tax return/tax transcript in required documents and under the letter catergory in additional evidence. I saw RFE for that.

So upload the letter in both categories? The required tax returns line and the optional letter line? 

5 hours ago, KG2015 said:

They requested 2018 transcript because you have uploaded the 2018 tax return. So they assumed that your return has been fully processed and the transcript is now available. So i can see why they have requested it.

That's still not a reason to reject a perfectly good tax return. You should read the full thread before replying you would have seen that I spoke to the NVC and the reason it was rejected is because as of last week they no longer accept any tax returns, only transcripts. Repeating it here so hopefully more people see before they submit docs as it doesn't seem as though the NVC has been letting people know.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Angola
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Ashlyyynnnn said:

That's still not a reason to reject a perfectly good tax return. You should read the full thread before replying you would have seen that I spoke to the NVC and the reason it was rejected is because as of last week they no longer accept any tax returns, only transcripts. Repeating it here so hopefully more people see before they submit docs as it doesn't seem as though the NVC has been letting people know.

I have quoted from your first comment regarding the subject. Yes, i have later read your subsequent comment which was a great heads up for everyone! 

As a government entity, they should not make this "new requirement" retroactive! It is not fair to those that have submitted their documentation weeks ago and are still awaiting review of the same. There should be an effective date (ideally March or April 1st). This will also give them ample time to update all of their manuals/instructions and other resources accordingly.

There is stress/ hiccups at just about every stage in this process...smh

Edited by KG2015

Just now, KG2015 said:

I have quoted from your first comment regarding the subject. Yes, i have later read your subsequent comment which was a great heads up for everyone! 

As a government entity, they should not make this "new requirement" retroactive! It is not fair to those that have submitted their documentation weeks ago and are still awaiting review of the same. There should be an effective date (ideally March or April 1st). This will also give them ample time update all of their manuals/resources accordingly.

There is stress at every stage on this process...smh

Yeah totally agree with you on that. They should let everyone know when this change is coming into effect and only reject those documents from that point, this is just cruel. Particularly as there must be lots of people around the same time as us who were forced to use returns instead of transcripts because of the government shutdown. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Ashlyyynnnn said:

So upload the letter in both categories? The required tax returns line and the optional letter line? 

Thank you. I will. 

29 minutes ago, AMCEH said:

What line on the tax form 1040 should I look at to see if it is enough for the spousal visa

I’ll get a copy of mine this week. The form changed this year. I think it’s line 6 now. Adjusted Gross Income. 

Edited by SM&RM

Just now, SM&RM said:

Thank you. I will. 

Sorry I meant that more as a question for me! But I found the thread with the person who got the RFE for not uploading their letter into the tax return / tax transcript line so will follow what they did and hope for the best. This is all so stressful I've been struggling to sleep! Hope work doesn't need too much from me today... Thanks for all the help I'll let everyone know what the outcome is once we hear back this time around :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

They told me to call Wednesday with their smart mouth selves...smh 

Oh no! Well, I hope that it moved to Paid soon!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ashlyyynnnn said:

Sorry I meant that more as a question for me! But I found the thread with the person who got the RFE for not uploading their letter into the tax return / tax transcript line so will follow what they did and hope for the best. This is all so stressful I've been struggling to sleep! Hope work doesn't need too much from me today... Thanks for all the help I'll let everyone know what the outcome is once we hear back this time around :)

Thank you. Yes, that is correct. 🤞🏽 You will be fine. It is very stressful though, just not knowing what they really want. 

12 minutes ago, smislondon said:

Has anyone ordered a tax transcript by mail and did it arrive within 5 to 10 days please?  My husband can't get the transcripts online.

Yes, they come fast. I was not able to get mine online either. 

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline

Has anyone gotten a case number lately since the last one with a December 11th NVC receive date? I got so caught up with the taxes issue I haven’t seen any recent case numbers assigned. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.