dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2019

1,541 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Angola
Timeline
17 hours ago, Ashlyyynnnn said:

They gave no reason, here's all it says:image.thumb.png.8e4b60caec47ece855bddb30fb779de7.png 

I really hope they don't force us to wait until the transcript is available. I only did 2018 because we couldn't find his 2015 W2 and couldn't get transcripts. I tried to call NVC but so many people are calling they won't even put me on hold.

They requested 2018 transcript because you have uploaded the 2018 tax return. So they assumed that your return has been fully processed and the transcript is now available. So i can see why they have requested it.

Edited by KG2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
34 minutes ago, raviandquesty said:

Will do! I'll have to call late tonight. Let me know if you manage to speak to someone and get it pushed along. This waiting game sucks! 

They told me to call Wednesday with their smart mouth selves...smh 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, KG2015 said:

They requested 2018 transcript because you have uploaded the 2018 tax return. So they assumed that your return has been fully processed and the transcript is now available. So i can see why they have requested it.

2018 transcripts are not available. The government is just stupid and makes excuses for everything. They know they are not ready. A tax return used to be good enough, now they recently changed and will only accept tax transcripts unless you write a letter saying why you can’t obtain the tax transcript. If you send W2’s with your tax return they can clearly see if your income matches... SMH 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/transcript-availability

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

They told me to call Wednesday with their smart mouth selves...smh 

You see the whole taxes issue now? We have to send a letter saying why we don’t have our 2018 tax transcript. SMH

Timeline
38 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

2018 transcripts are not available. The government is just stupid and makes excuses for everything. They know they are not ready. A tax return used to be good enough, now they recently changed and will only accept tax transcripts unless you write a letter saying why you can’t obtain the tax transcript. If you send W2’s with your tax return they can clearly see if your income matches... SMH 

Yup. In being objective, they dont know if they are ready or not. But they do know that if your tax return has been processed, a tax Return Transcript is immediately available. If your return is still processing,  a RT wont be available. 

In reality, a copy of a tax return (1040) or W2 is not official. The Return transcript is. I've seen where the IRS have conducted audits because of substantial errors made on the 1040 etc. In some cases, the IRS adjusted such returns. 

In regards to the I-864, i can see why NVC now requires official tax records (RTs for the most recent tax year 2017) from the IRS. The reason is to substantiate the reported income AND dependents as these "could" be falsified on a and W2 and 1040. So sad that some dishonest people have made it hard for the honest ones..smh

Edited by KG2015

Timeline
16 minutes ago, KG2015 said:

Yup. In being objective, they dont know if they are ready or not. But they do know that if your tax return has been processed, a tax Return Transcript is immediately available. If your return is still processing,  a RT wont be available. 

In reality, a copy of a tax return (1040) or W2 is not official. The Return transcript is. I've seen where the IRS have conducted audits because of substantial errors made on the 1040 etc. In some cases, the IRS adjusted such returns. 

In regards to the I-864, i can see why NVC now requires official tax records (RTs for the most recent tax year 2017) from the IRS to substantiate the reported income AND dependents as these "could" be falsified on a and W2 and 1040. So sad that some dishonest people have made it hard for the honest ones..smh

I understand that, but they are all government ran organizations. A tax transcript is not immediately available once you file your taxes. My transcript will not be available until June. The earliest someone can get a 2018 tax transcript if they expect a return or to not owe is 2-3 weeks after they file. I will submit what I can, that’s it. W2’s and 1040’s are what is presented to the government in order for a transcript to be generated. We are the ones who provide them with that information. If the information is not accurate you get audited and the error is then correct years later....

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
34 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

You see the whole taxes issue now? We have to send a letter saying why we don’t have our 2018 tax transcript. SMH

Yep....so maybe ill just send in 2017..this is really stressing me out 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

I understand that, but they are all government ran organizations. A tax transcript is not immediately available once you file your taxes. My transcript will not be available until June. The earliest someone can get a 2018 tax transcript if they expect a return or to not owe is 2-3 weeks after they file. I will submit what I can, that’s it. 

You're correct! A RT is not available immediately after filing your return. As i mentioned above, It is immediately  available once a return is fully processed (the moment you get a direct deposit date). If your return is being audited or or held up because of other issues (wage or ID verification etc), a completed Return Transcript will not be available. 

I guess that's all you can do is submit what you have and hope that they accept it.

Edited by KG2015

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

Yep....so maybe ill just send in 2017..this is really stressing me out 

Dont stress you only need to send 2017.

2018 tax season is not done yet (April 15th) they cant request a 2018 unless you already uploaded. If you need 2018 tax because you make more money and need it to sponsor him/her, its the only reason to upload it.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aiyito said:

Dont stress you only need to send 2017.

2018 tax season is not done yet (April 15th) they cant request a 2018 unless you already uploaded. If you need 2018 tax because you make more money and need it to sponsor him/her, its the only reason to upload it.

Yes my 2018 is higher than 2017..even though i Make over the requirements for both years but im from a tough embassy

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

Yes my 2018 is higher than 2017..even though i Make over the requirements for both years but im from a tough embassy

If you make the enough money in 2017 just upload 2017, if your interview is after 04/15 you have to bring 2018, if its before you can tell them I didnt do it yet, law is the law. Or if you already made the 2018 taxes you have enough time to get the 2018 transcripts

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

Uploading your 2018 tax return under the required documents in ceac will hold you up. Rather, upload the return transcript for the most recent tax year (2017).

You can upload the W-2's for 2017 and 2018 under "additional documents" at the bottom. Better yet, also upload a job letter and paystubs to prove increased income for 2018.

The embassy will most likely requests the 2018 Transcript and/W2 at the time of the interview.

Edited by KG2015

Timeline
27 minutes ago, KG2015 said:

You're correct! A RT is not available immediately after filing your return. As i mentioned above, It is immediately  available once a return is fully processed (the moment you get a direct deposit date). If your return is being audited or or held up because of other issues (wage or ID verification etc), a completed Return Transcript will not be available. 

I guess that's all you can do is submit what you have and hope that they accept it.

True. Mine is not being audited, but I was giving an example that the IRS doesn’t even know until years later that the information provided was in error or fraudulent, so a transcript is not anymore accurate than a W2. I just don’t see the logic, but of course I will do what they want. My 2018 transcript will not be available until June, so I doubt I will have it for the interview. 

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
18 minutes ago, KG2015 said:

Uploading your 2018 tax return under the required documents in ceac will hold you up. Rather, upload the return transcript for the most recent tax year (2017).

You can upload the W-2's for 2017 and 2018 under "additional documents" at the bottom. Better yet, also upload a job letter and paystubs to prove increased income for 2018.

The embassy will most likely requests the 2018 Transcript and/W2 at the time of the interview.

Got it...thanks!!..

I feel at ease now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.