dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2019

1,541 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Holdingon88 said:

So i was reading the nvc process and see that if spouse files as single after marriage it wont look good, so i asked my husband lastnight and he did file 0nce since married and did put single  .i ask lawyer if thats ok he say it lt should be fine.😑

What’s important is his current tax year. The financial part is a big area at the Jamaican Embassy. He can always amend his taxes. I would file married for this current 2018 year though and provide that at the Embassy if asked. 

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
12 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

What’s important is his current tax year. The financial part is a big area at the Jamaican Embassy. He can always amend his taxes. I would file married for this current 2018 year though and provide that at the Embassy if asked. 

It’s really not fair for a U.S. person to file Married filing separately if their spouse is not in the U.S.We get less tax breaks filing that way. Married filing jointly is the best, but puts you in a hire tax bracket, but the new tax law gives tax breaks for higher income anyway...Lol  I filed as Head of Household, because I have a minor child and my husband is not in the country. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All - Just a question for those who have paid fees. We paid both fees on January 28th and they have still not moved to paid. Anyone else dealing with similar issues?

Funds came out of the account on the 29th and we assumed that it would be moved to 'paid' a day later. Everywhere I read it was 2-3 business days and we're now moving on day 5.

Timeline
3 hours ago, MrsBK said:

Hey, We're having the same problem, we got our case number on Friday and we havnt been able to login since. My husband just got of the phone with the NVC and they said that everything is fine and we should just keep trying and they will also get a supervisor to look into it. I've just tried again and its still not working. SO frustrating. 

Are your copy and pasting? If u r, make sure u never copy any gaps or write it download manually from ur email and enter same manually 

On 2/3/2019 at 6:52 PM, aiyito said:

I only sent 2017 tax return (1040A) and Every W2 listed on that return, you have to send the last tax return, it was accepted. Or you can send the 2017 tax transcript. Make sure if you are going to send the tax return to scan it in 1 file, and every W2 separate.

Do you mean 2015 W2 will be in different file and 2016 in different file? Or I should keep all W2 in one file 

15 minutes ago, aiyito said:

On page 11 in this forum you will find my screenshots, everything that I uploaded and it was approved without RFE

We have co-sponsor, but he's my husband cousin. They don't have the same surname as a proof as relationship but I told him to write a letter, do you think they will accept it 

Timeline
1 minute ago, nicedamsel said:

We have co-sponsor, but he's my husband cousin. They don't have the same surname as a proof as relationship but I told him to write a letter, do you think they will accept it 

My co-sponsor doesnt have the same last name either and he lives in other address and it was accepted. I think its different if the petitioner and co-sponsor share the same address but Im not sure.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, nicedamsel said:

Your Co-sponsor wrote a letter right?

Why will my co-sponsor needs to write a letter? I just upload  for him (you can see it on page 11) remember we dont share last name, we are not related at all and different address.

Proof of citizenship or LPR

Proof of US domicile (Driver License)

Form I-864

2017 Tax Return (Form 1040)

2017 3 different W2s in different files

Timeline
5 hours ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

Im having a problem too. I paid my fees last week and my portal hasn't opened up yet i would think after the update from Saturday it would have 

Oh my goodness. I wonder what is happening 🤔? You paid the same day you got ur case number,  right? That's beyond 3 days maybe you should call them. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
4 hours ago, Holdingon88 said:

So i was reading the nvc process and see that if spouse files as single after marriage it wont look good, so i asked my husband lastnight and he did file 0nce since married and did put single  .i ask lawyer if thats ok he say it lt should be fine.😑

my husband filed single as well.

After two weeks and four days they finally looked at our documents. They rejected my husband's 2018 tax return. They accepted his 2017 and 2016 returns and all the W2s but for some reason have said we need the 2018 tax transcript and the return isn't good enough. So disappointing I don't understand why it would get rejected, we couldn't get the actual transcripts at the time because of the govt shutdown when we first submitted but if you can get transcripts I guess you should!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.