dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2019

1,541 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, smislondon said:

Has anyone ordered a tax transcript by mail and did it arrive within 5 to 10 days please?  My husband can't get the transcripts online.

23 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

Thank you. Yes, that is correct. 🤞🏽 You will be fine. It is very stressful though, just not knowing what they really want. 

Yes, they come fast. I was not able to get mine online either. 

That's a relief, thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
25 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

Has anyone gotten a case number lately since the last one with a December 11th NVC receive date? I got so caught up with the taxes issue I haven’t seen any recent case numbers assigned. 

I have also been wondering. No one has gotten this week so far. When did nvc received your petition. They received mine on the 20th of Dec, I spoke with nvc yesterday and the rep said I should get on or before February 14th... seems like nothing short of the 8th week timeline 

For those who are doing their taxes. How did you file your taxes if your spouse does not have a social security or ITIN? I am trying to file married but separatly but it keeps asking for my spouses SS. 

2 minutes ago, AMCEH said:

For those who are doing their taxes. How did you file your taxes if your spouse does not have a social security or ITIN? I am trying to file married but separatly but it keeps asking for my spouses SS. 

I filed married filing separately and you can’t efile, you have to mail it.  Online you can put all 9s for SSN and then print it, cross it out, and write NRA for non resident alien.  Mail it in after that. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hey everyone!!  Guess what ?! We got a checklist 😡. There asking for my moms transcripts from 2017. I couldn’t get my moms transcripts online because all our phone numbers are under my dads name.  So I had to request them by mail. Ugh this wait is going to kill me. Don’t let this happen to you , send in irs transcripts , tax returns , w2 , send in everything!!! Don’t give them an excuse to send you a checklist 😭

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Itstyme said:

I have also been wondering. No one has gotten this week so far. When did nvc received your petition. They received mine on the 20th of Dec, I spoke with nvc yesterday and the rep said I should get on or before February 14th... seems like nothing short of the 8th week timeline 

They received mine on January 22nd, so I’m almost a month out from you 😢! I won’t get mine until March. I was hoping they would speed up. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Layanis J said:

Hey everyone!!  Guess what ?! We got a checklist 😡. There asking for my moms transcripts from 2017. I couldn’t get my moms transcripts online because all our phone numbers are under my dads name.  So I had to request them by mail. Ugh this wait is going to kill me. Don’t let this happen to you , send in irs transcripts , tax returns , w2 , send in everything!!! Don’t give them an excuse to send you a checklist 😭

I’m sorry to hear that. Did you scan or mail your documents? 

15 minutes ago, KJ2 said:

I filed married filing separately and you can’t efile, you have to mail it.  Online you can put all 9s for SSN and then print it, cross it out, and write NRA for non resident alien.  Mail it in after that. 

Did you already mail yours in and it went through okay like that? How long does it take to get your tax return back after mailing it in? Thank you!! 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Layanis J said:

We mailed our documents. 

I think online they just reject our documents and send us notes on what to correct, no checklist anymore. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.