dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2019

1,541 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ashlyyynnnn said:

I submitted Jan 18th and still nothing so it's more than two weeks for me so far. But I have seen other people who submitted on the 18th that have gotten a response, seems a bit hard to tell at the moment! Fingers crossed it's under 3 weeks, I've been having nightmares about our documents getting rejected 😫

we waited this long and almost to the finish line. The day they schedule the interview is near 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi everyone. I have a question. When you send in the documents to nvc , do you need to send tax returns , W2 and the IRS transcripts ? Or is it allowed to send in only the tax returns and W2 ? Please help , we only sent in our tax returns and W2 and are afraid we’re going to get a checklist. 😩

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Layanis J said:

Hi everyone. I have a question. When you send in the documents to nvc , do you need to send tax returns , W2 and the IRS transcripts ? Or is it allowed to send in only the tax returns and W2 ? Please help , we only sent in our tax returns and W2 and are afraid we’re going to get a checklist. 😩

It’s one or the other. You did the right thing. If you send your return you have to submit W2’s with it. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Layanis J said:

I only sent 2017 tax return (1040A) and Every W2 listed on that return, you have to send the last tax return, it was accepted. Or you can send the 2017 tax transcript. Make sure if you are going to send the tax return to scan it in 1 file, and every W2 separate.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aiyito said:

I only sent 2017 tax return (1040A) and Every W2 listed on that return, you have to send the last tax return, it was accepted. Or you can send the 2017 tax transcript. Make sure if you are going to send the tax return to scan it in 1 file, and every W2 separate.

Thank you so much!!! You have no idea how afraid we were. Since our country is Cuba , we don’t send in the documents electronically. We send them through regular mail. So it takes them up to 3 weeks to review the documents and to close the case. But if there’s something missing they send a checklist and you have to send the documents again and wait another 3 weeks. It’s like an RFE from USCIS.  And that’s no fun when it’s taking 6 months to get an interview from our embassy. Thanks a bunch for your help , we feel better now. ☺️

Timeline
44 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

It’s one or the other. You did the right thing. If you send your return you have to submit W2’s with it. 

Thank you so much!!! We can now wait calmly for case closed then. ☺️ They recently received our documents January 31st so we just started waiting. But we’ll keep everyone posted. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Layanis J said:

Thank you so much!!! You have no idea how afraid we were. Since our country is Cuba , we don’t send in the documents electronically. We send them through regular mail. So it takes them up to 3 weeks to review the documents and to close the case. But if there’s something missing they send a checklist and you have to send the documents again and wait another 3 weeks. It’s like an RFE from USCIS.  And that’s no fun when it’s taking 6 months to get an interview from our embassy. Thanks a bunch for your help , we feel better now. ☺️

I can feel your pain, when I got NVC email my heart rate was so high, I couldnt sleep for days and I was so afraid to read their answer and surprisingly all my documents were accepted. Also I know how all related to Cuba works, Im married with a Cuban be patient.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I know 2017 is the latest year until April...My 2018 return show i made more in 2018 than 2017..both are still over the limit for 4...can i add 2017 stuff where the part says required  documents and add 2018 to additional documents?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Layanis J said:

Thank you so much!!! We can now wait calmly for case closed then. ☺️ They recently received our documents January 31st so we just started waiting. But we’ll keep everyone posted. 

Please do. I’m glad you can sit comfortable knowing you sent the right documents. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

I know 2017 is the latest year until April...My 2018 return show i made more in 2018 than 2017..both are still over the limit for 4...can i add 2017 stuff where the part says required  documents and add 2018 to additional documents?

2018 is still the latest year if you filed your taxes already, but if you didn’t you can still get away with using 2017. I would use 2018 as current. W2’s go in additional evidence. All tax returns and transcripts go under the tax year. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading to CEAC-instrucions.pdf

this will help you 

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
22 minutes ago, aiyito said:

So I should scan each of my W2’s under a separate file name or save them together?  I know I have to upload them separate from my tax return. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

2018 is still the latest year if you filed your taxes already, but if you didn’t you can still get away with using 2017. I would use 2018 as current. W2’s go in additional evidence. 

youre a big help...thanks so much.!

Timeline
Just now, SM&RM said:

So I should scan each of my W2’s under a separate file name or save them together?  I know I have to upload them separate from my tax return. 

I had 3 W2 from 2017 and I scanned  every W2 separate and uploaded in a separate file name, I just uploaded only 2017 tax information and it was accepted. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.