AC77

I-751 February 2019 Filers

1,404 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2020 at 7:04 PM, RoseLK said:

Hello everyone, 

I don't mean to bring negative vibes here, but I don't want to feel alone in this process. I filed my I751 (Waiver) on Feb/28/2020 In Texas. Are there people from Feb 2019 still waiting?

My case was showing transferred to local office since Jan/17/2020 until before yesterday, where transferred to local office changed back to case was received. What in the world is happening. and where is my case. I got a hold of USCIS rep yesterday. She said my case is still in Texas. and basically didn't give me anymore info more than what's online. Also, yesterday I have submitted an E-request.

Where do I stand in this process? and is this normal, given the fact that I submitted tons of docs and used what he called himself an experienced lawyer as well as submitted a letter from my EX and family to support my case. 

I apologize for the lengthy post!  

the same thing happened to me also ..i git email and text msg that my case was received at local office but it didn't change on the old uscis site i never got and transferred notice..then few weeks later it changed back to RFE received...i put in fir out of normal progressing time i should get reply by tomorrow..which looks unlikely this is so frustrating 😫 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Congratulations to all those who have already been interviewed and approved!  I went to the Newark, NJ office for an InfoPass appointment and received an I-551 stamp in my passport for another year - then went directly to Motor Vehicles and renewed my license.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Duncan21 said:

Congratulations to all those who have already been interviewed and approved!  I went to the Newark, NJ office for an InfoPass appointment and received an I-551 stamp in my passport for another year - then went directly to Motor Vehicles and renewed my license.

Hopefully, you will be getting your interview soon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 10/30/2020 at 9:02 AM, chrissandra said:

@katalaya I know exactly how you feel!! 

I was going crazy. Kinda like i see the end but not. I was afraid I will go through the citizenship portion of the process but will have to wait (some more) about ROC adjudication. 

I was floored after that phone call from the USCIS. 

I do hope it happens to you too and soon!

Keep me posted...there is nothing better then hearing a great news from people going through this journey. Goosebumps are inevitable ;)   

I can only speak on the behalf of myself.Nothing in life beats patience.. I’m just patiently waiting on my turn. Doesn’t make much sense I worry about things. The energy that I will use to worry; I’ll just use it to make preparations for the interview. It’s not like 2016 when I usually worry myself for my 2 yrs green card.😁. This will pass just like any other cases. I’m just being patient and optimistic.  But, thank you for your updates. I’ll surely put an update here when the time comes. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
4 hours ago, katalaya said:

I can only speak on the behalf of myself.Nothing in life beats patience.. I’m just patiently waiting on my turn. Doesn’t make much sense I worry about things. The energy that I will use to worry; I’ll just use it to make preparations for the interview. It’s not like 2016 when I usually worry myself for my 2 yrs green card.😁. This will pass just like any other cases. I’m just being patient and optimistic.  But, thank you for your updates. I’ll surely put an update here when the time comes. 

That's a great way to be when it comes to immigration @katalaya

I am hoping I will be congratulating you soon!! Sooner than we even think... I am smiling for you as I am writing this....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, Duncan21 said:

Can you please tell us when did you call to get an infopass appointment and how difficult or easy the whole process was. My wife's extension letter is expiring on Nov 31. I am thinking of calling to make an appointment. Any chance of walk ins to get the stamp at NewARK OFFICE.  

Hello everyone, About  N400 could please tell me, what documents need to be sent? Just I want to make sure I have everything right, thank you!  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 11/4/2020 at 8:53 AM, ChaPra2016 said:

Can you please tell us when did you call to get an infopass appointment and how difficult or easy the whole process was. My wife's extension letter is expiring on Nov 31. I am thinking of calling to make an appointment. Any chance of walk ins to get the stamp at NewARK OFFICE.  

You can start calling USCIS now to make an appointment - does your wife have a driver's license or NJ state ID?  If so, she should have received a letter from Motor Vehicles Commission that her license is expiring.  When you call USCIS to make the appointment, make sure you mention this MVC letter (if indeed she did receive one) - they will call back within 5 business days with an appointment date.  I would advise you call from now since the Newark office did not have appointment dates for several weeks.  I do not believe they do walk ins currently but you can ask USCIS.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

On 11/5/2020 at 5:20 PM, Natulik21 said:

Hello everyone, About  N400 could please tell me, what documents need to be sent? Just I want to make sure I have everything right, thank you!  

Hi @Natulik21, there is a checklist on USCIS website which is the bare minimum you should send.
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/guides/M-477.pdf

If you’re applying online you can just scan and upload these. I found it useful as you get the letters they send on the account before you get these letters in the mail which is useful in allaying some nerves. 
Apart from this list definitely send more proof of marriage like photos, tickets of trips you have taken together, any joint possessions like car loans/leases, mortgage/rental agreements, health insurance, life insurance beneficiaries, 401k beneficiary etc. Basically anything you can add to your file to prove you’re in a real marriage. More you add to your file, more likely it is that later on you won’t have any issues. 
Good luck with your application!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Why would more proof of marriage be required with the N-400? The N-400 is applying for citizenship. You have to establish that you are still married to the US citizen if you are applying before 5 years.

Proof that marriage is not fraud would have been sent with the I-751.

Proof of marriage would have been done at the NVC level, prior to getting conditional visa.

26 minutes ago, jakelake said:

Why would more proof of marriage be required with the N-400? The N-400 is applying for citizenship. You have to establish that you are still married to the US citizen if you are applying before 5 years.

Proof that marriage is not fraud would have been sent with the I-751.

Proof of marriage would have been done at the NVC level, prior to getting conditional visa.

I’m assuming if you’re applying before 5 years of having a green card then since you get that option because of marriage to a USC you might need to prove that the marriage wasn’t fraud. Also having more documents than necessary doesn’t hurt. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I-751 is the petition to determine whether the marriage was in good faith. Once the I-751 petition is approved and a person gets a permanent green card, that means USCIS has determined that the marriage is valid.

The N-400 is to apply for US citizenship. There is no need to prove that the marriage is valid. The only thing concerning marriage is whether you are still married to the US citizen. That means if a person divorces before 3 years, then he or she has to wait at least 5 years to naturalize.

36 minutes ago, jakelake said:

I-751 is the petition to determine whether the marriage was in good faith. Once the I-751 petition is approved and a person gets a permanent green card, that means USCIS has determined that the marriage is valid.

The N-400 is to apply for US citizenship. There is no need to prove that the marriage is valid. The only thing concerning marriage is whether you are still married to the US citizen. That means if a person divorces before 3 years, then he or she has to wait at least 5 years to naturalize.

Makes sense. I guess since my i751 is still pending I didn’t know either way so sent in more proof than necessary. 

Timeline

...just a quick update guys...i have received 797 NOA in the mail today saying that since both ROC and N400 were approved I will not receive a green card in the mail. But instead after my Oath Ceremony I will receive a Certificate of Naturalization as a proof of my US citizenship..

wishing all of you immigration warriors a quick and positive progress 🤞🏻

Timeline

more updates...hopefully it will help to get some kind of a timeline....yesterday I have received a notification saying my Oath Ceremony is scheduled. Document is still not uploaded so I don't have a date yet.  

My account states completion date as February. I guess I will know more as soon as they upload N445.

I am also unsure what does it mean:

" ...and answer questions about your activity since your interview. "

Have a great day you awesome immigration warriors. 

image.png.1f245d333e437058e36b34c8534d3853.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.